• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL needs to review Concusion Protocol

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Bud will get fined. But there is no way, no how you could possibly medically distinguish symptoms. Only a few people I've seen ever get hit like that. One was Pat White down in Miami by one of our guys. You had to take him to the locker room and at least look at him. Two plays. That's a joke. Player concern my ***.

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know. The blunt force was mostly directly to his chest. Yes, he caught the facemask a little, so I won't dispute the call, but it was slight. Damn...that was a hell of a hit, so much so that I immediately was concerned for Moore.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't know. The blunt force was mostly directly to his chest. Yes, he caught the facemask a little, so I won't dispute the call, but it was slight. Damn...that was a hell of a hit, so much so that I immediately was concerned for Moore.
That was a very sudden stop regardless of the point of impact.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Bud will get fined. But there is no way, no how you could possibly medically distinguish symptoms. Only a few people I've seen ever get hit like that. One was Pat White down in Mami by one of our guys. You had to take him to the locker room and at least look at him. Two plays. That's a joke. Player concern my ***.

The league is obviously more concerned about the health of the Steelers players than say, Birthdefect or Moore.

That was a very sudden stop regardless of the point of impact.

speed-has-never-killed-anyone.jpg

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There is just no way he could have been cleared. That's like RGIII going to the needle shack against Seattle in his rookie year.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Sask is spot on. There was approx 100-120 seconds between TV T/O and the next play. No way a Board Certified Neuro completes the baseline questioning. Usually requires calm setting (locker room) and not a distracting one....sidelines of opponents stadium.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of guys I was surprised to come back in...I thought Cockrell was done when Mitchell took him out.

His head compressed down on his neck at least 1-1.5" He looked unconscious on the ground at first with his arm sticking up, reminded me a lot of the concussion that Heath Miller had a few years ago.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sask is spot on. There was approx 100-120 seconds between TV T/O and the next play. No way a Board Certified Neuro completes the baseline questioning. Usually requires calm setting (locker room) and not a distracting one....sidelines of opponents stadium.
They said he didn't get a full review because the tape showed he got hit in the chin and not the head.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Isn't the chin part of the head?

Only if you're a Steeler so they can take you out of the game.
They did that to Hines Ward a couple years ago and as I recall he was perfectly fine.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just another joke from the nfl...insane. Dood lies on the carpet for 5 minutes...naw...he's good. If it were Ben....no ******* way. He'd be pulled.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the game without sound...did Simms or Nantz say anything?

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They said he didn't get a full review because the tape showed he got hit in the chin and not the head.

There ya go! Video tape is the new indicator of concussions...cool. Technology is amazing.

Chicoman

Reaction score
Legal or not, I would pay cash money to see Brady hit like that.

If Dupree saws Brady in half like that ending his career as a Cheatriot it would be the GREATEST MOMENT IN NFL HISTORY!!!

For all you ******* out there.....THAT'S HOW YA PLAY FOOTBALL! IMPOSE YOUR WILL ON YOUR OPPONENT!!!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I watched the game without sound...did Simms or Nantz say anything?
They were either complaining about the temp in the booth or one of them was sick. They were making in jokes about something. I'd turn the sound down, but I want to know if there is a flag on our big plays.