• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If the draft fell this way.

1 ) OT P Skoronski
2) DT M Smith
2B ) ILB J Campbell
3 ) CB C Phillips
4 ) S J Battle
7 ) QB S Bennett
7 ) WR Best left on the board

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If the draft fell this way.

1 ) OT P Skoronski
2) DT M Smith
2B ) ILB J Campbell
3 ) CB C Phillips
4 ) S J Battle
7 ) QB S Bennett
7 ) WR Best left on the board
A good chance Skor gets moved to G where there is no room for him presently. You want your top 3 picks to contribute sooner than later. Got a little lazy with that last pick huh?

😁

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sanders worries me with the missed tackles. He had a 19.6 missed tackle rate last year compared to 11.6 for Simpson and 8.9 for Campbell.

I’ve pimped Drew Sanders a lot and MY gut feeling is he will get much better in the PRO line of play. Herr would be very acceptable if 2.49 was used on him.

Definitely not for trading capital and moving up to get Campbell. If Campbell fell to us, then hell yes.

Salute the nation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Porter concerns me. He isn't multipositional as in you can move him around. Probably just a border corner. He doesn't seem instinctual with low interception production. Is he too handsy?

He is very handsy. But that is an issue with almost all college CB's since no 5-yard contact rule in college so players are taught to maintain contact with the WR as that helps get their hands up to knock away passes. Ringo is another guy who is a bit too grabby for NFL play right now.

I think the physically elite CB's can learn to control the grabbing since they realize they don't need to do so as much. Porters is going to be a good CB. Not great, but he is big, fast, physical, can attack the run, run with big WR's and jam a guy like Chase.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if y'all notice ... the Titans pick ripple effects to ours.
in most sims i've done, if they take a LT, we're ******

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I like this one...

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma
    trade icon
    Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan
    trade icon
    Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State
    trade icon
    Joe Tippmann
    OC Wisconsin
    trade icon
    Daiyan Henley
    LB Washington State
    trade icon
    Zacch Pickens
    DT South Carolina
    trade icon

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Using the ESPN Analytics simulator for the first time:

1.17 Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
-The top cornerbacks were gone, so the focus went to the top tackle available. Weidl was at Wright's pro day. Not quite Tomlin/Khan, but still an important presence.

2.32 Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
-Without getting a cornerback in the first, got one here with good ball skills. With so many good receivers in the AFCN, trying to find ways to stop the pass. Also, contrary to my believe the Steelers should go heavy on offense to build around Pickett, they've invested so much time scouting defensive prospects.

2.49 Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
-Mazi Smith has the potential to be a strong run defender. Gervin Dexter is very athletic, but unrefined. Benton seems like the balanced prospect who can be strong against the run and pass. He'll help keep the new ILBs clean while offering something in the pass rush department as he develops.

3.80 Tuli Tuipulotu, EDGE, USC
-Too good of a prospect to pick up. Defenses can never have enough pass rushers and this is a legit prospect behind Watt and Highsmith.

4.120 Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
-An ACL injury caused him to fall. I don't care if he needs to redshirt this season, Williams can be a very good defender in the NFL and I'm very comfortable doubling down on this deep cornerback class.

7.241 Carter Warren, OT, Pitt
-I double dipped at tackle two. First, this is good value for Carter and second, I just wasn't familiar with many of the prospects left on the board.

7.251 Brandon Hill, S, Pitt
-Hill was the only name I knew outside of a receiver, who is meh. Hill is at least athletic and offers depth at a position of need.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Porter concerns me. He isn't multipositional as in you can move him around. Probably just a border corner. He doesn't seem instinctual with low interception production. Is he too handsy? Just seems like the type of corner that's value is more toward the bottom of 1 vs the middle of the round. Probably enough talent to be at least a solid number 2 corner, but is that what we want from a relatively high pick? If we were to redraft Sutton would we pick him at 17? With him I am more concerned if the team simply are getting their best value in comparison in who is left on the board. In a class of interesting corners not sure this is the corner, I would want at 17. Now at 32 I would be more on board with.

Im in the same boat about porter… im slightly worried about his handsy play. I think he could be a good CB but he might not be an upgrade on this team and he won’t play slot

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I like this one...

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma
    trade icon
    Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

DJ Turner
    CB Michigan
    trade icon
    Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State
    trade icon
    Joe Tippmann
    OC Wisconsin
    trade icon
    Daiyan Henley
    LB Washington State
    trade icon
    Zacch Pickens
    DT South Carolina
    trade icon
I think the first four picks there would ultimately play a long time for us

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Using the ESPN Analytics simulator for the first time:

1.17 Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
-The top cornerbacks were gone, so the focus went to the top tackle available. Weidl was at Wright's pro day. Not quite Tomlin/Khan, but still an important presence.

2.32 Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
-Without getting a cornerback in the first, got one here with good ball skills. With so many good receivers in the AFCN, trying to find ways to stop the pass. Also, contrary to my believe the Steelers should go heavy on offense to build around Pickett, they've invested so much time scouting defensive prospects.

2.49 Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
-Mazi Smith has the potential to be a strong run defender. Gervin Dexter is very athletic, but unrefined. Benton seems like the balanced prospect who can be strong against the run and pass. He'll help keep the new ILBs clean while offering something in the pass rush department as he develops.

3.80 Tuli Tuipulotu, EDGE, USC
-Too good of a prospect to pick up. Defenses can never have enough pass rushers and this is a legit prospect behind Watt and Highsmith.

4.120 Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
-An ACL injury caused him to fall. I don't care if he needs to redshirt this season, Williams can be a very good defender in the NFL and I'm very comfortable doubling down on this deep cornerback class.

7.241 Carter Warren, OT, Pitt
-I double dipped at tackle two. First, this is good value for Carter and second, I just wasn't familiar with many of the prospects left on the board.

7.251 Brandon Hill, S, Pitt
-Hill was the only name I knew outside of a receiver, who is meh. Hill is at least athletic and offers depth at a position of need.

I really don’t want wright in the first round for a ton of reasons. You could get a serviceable RT much lower and Wright isn’t a LT at all… he basically is an overhyped third round value… maybe a second if you reaLly needed a RT… and for some reason I’ve never been a fan of Hill from pitt, but that could just be bias on my part… lots of athletic ability i guess… maybe for special teams?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
if y'all notice ... the Titans pick ripple effects to ours.
in most sims i've done, if they take a LT, we're ******
The Titans just paid an ufa ot 10 mil per to play LT… i don’t think they intend to move him to RT and ignore the QB spot. Tannehill is very pricey and his contract voids next year. He will be 36. They will probably take a RT in the second round and a qb in the first.

TheDudeAbides

Reformed Lurker
Reaction score
  • PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

• PIT

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• PIT

Keion White
    EDGE Georgia Tech

• PIT

Kayshon Boutte
    WR LSU

• PIT

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    CB TCU
    trade icon
  • PIT

Eric Gray
    RB Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • PIT

Cam Brown
    CB Ohio State

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Playing a live draft online and so far my picks.

1 Van Ness
2A Branch
2B Ringo

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to look at who is available but thinking about Duncan out of Maryland for the next pick. I see for now Campbell is still available. If he is still there that will be a hard decide.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
A good chance Skor gets moved to G where there is no room for him presently. You want your top 3 picks to contribute sooner than later. Got a little lazy with that last pick huh?

😁
No way. He is a quick and strong tackle with NFL technique. He can play guard but he is a good tackle and will be drafted to play there.

Yeah a BPA pick with the last pick in the 7th round is a little lazy. I had punter mocked in the past for a 7th round but we signed a good one in free agency recently. Our fat @ssed inconstant punter that we have should be history.

Be sure to play along with the real draft as I state who I would have selected that day after the draft is over, which IMO is often better than the players the Steelers actually take. It features some detail in who I would have taken thread as long as the player was on the board. Few do this.

Signed the lazy Coach. Be sure to pet you fine dog.

:)

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No way. He is a quick and strong tackle with NFL technique. He can play guard but he is a good tackle and will be drafted to play there.

Yeah a BPA pick with the last pick in the 7th round is a little lazy. I had punter mocked in the past for a 7th round but we signed a good one in free agency recently. Our fat @ssed inconstant punter that we have should be history.

Be sure to play along with the real draft as I state who I would have selected that day after the draft is over, which IMO is often better than the players the Steelers actually take. It features some detail in who I would have taken thread as long as the player was on the board. Few do this.

Signed the lazy Coach. Be sure to pet you fine dog.

:)
It's worthless with hindsight. Csll your picks live

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
It's worthless with hindsight. Csll your picks live

Well the Steelers have access to the draft board and trade offers, I do not.

In order for me to call ALL draft picks live I would have to sit on a computer for 12+ hours and post here during the process. Nobody does that.

I don't recall you stating who your would have picked the day after and I add details in my annual draft on who would have selected thread. Why don't you do that? I'm not going to to post all of my real time picks just to impress you. I do so on some picks in round one and two. Last year I said I would have taken ILB Lloyd when the Steelers reached on Pickett in near real time. I also liked Pickens.

My official picks the day after will have to suffice. Judge me there. I hope you can join in.

-Coach

Last edited: