• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New Gunslinger,..................... hope to be coming soon

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Article is a good read. About Dan (Art's son) eventually taking over the president of the STEELERS.

I'm not over wishing for this, but would like a little new "qualified" blood in the FO.

Home page article

I t5hink it will be an overall improvement with stutter steps along the way of adjustment.

Salute the nationb

steelhurt

Reaction score
Idk boys! The apple may not fall far from the tree here.
My personal opinion and this certainly is not to smear the Rooneys who have been pillars in the city for years, but I would have liked to see a complete ownership change. Thomas Tull is a Pittsburgh guy and a billionaire who has a minority stake in the team and think he’s the shot in the arm that this organization so desperately needs.
I know this isn’t going to happen since the Rooney’s will never let go of the golden goose but I don’t see a big change with the next Rooney taking control.
The Rooneys are too status quo and are too stuck on tradition and fight change and with this NFL the key is constant change and upgrade making things better and constantly changing your model to fit the NFL. The Rooneys think loyalty and non losing seasons are success and if that’s your model then I suppose your on course but I’d rather shoot for the stars every year not be content with being stuck in the middle.
Maybe the younger Danny Rooney will be the new beacon of light the organization so desperately needs, idk but for the sake of the legacy of the Steelers we better hope so.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Idk boys! The apple may not fall far from the tree here.
My personal opinion and this certainly is not to smear the Rooneys who have been pillars in the city for years, but I would have liked to see a complete ownership change. Thomas Tull is a Pittsburgh guy and a billionaire who has a minority stake in the team and think he’s the shot in the arm that this organization so desperately needs.
I know this isn’t going to happen since the Rooney’s will never let go of the golden goose but I don’t see a big change with the next Rooney taking control.
The Rooneys are too status quo and are too stuck on tradition and fight change and with this NFL the key is constant change and upgrade making things better and constantly changing your model to fit the NFL. The Rooneys think loyalty and non losing seasons are success and if that’s your model then I suppose your on course but I’d rather shoot for the stars every year not be content with being stuck in the middle.
Maybe the younger Danny Rooney will be the new beacon of light the organization so desperately needs, idk but for the sake of the legacy of the Steelers we better hope so.

I could be mistaken, but Tull had to sell his shares due to his Carolina ( I think Carolina) deal.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my memory could be off.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

I think Rooney’s bought out the shares.

Salute the nation

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've always hated that quote. It's usually rich celebrities who say it.

But, yeah, it's kinda true. I would like to try the other kind of rich sometimes.
Kind of like when People say “Money can’t buy happiness”. That is Bullshyte, you just have to know where to shop. I can GUARANTEE you that I would be much happier with lots more money. I am pretty happy now, but not nearly as much as I could be.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of like when People say “Money can’t buy happiness”. That is Bullshyte, you just have to know where to shop. I can GUARANTEE you that I would be much happier with lots more money. I am pretty happy now, but not nearly as much as I could be.
It feels like "beauty is only skin deep." While true, you only say it to ugly people, and they don't like being ugly.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I've always hated that quote. It's usually rich celebrities who say it.

But, yeah, it's kinda true. I would like to try the other kind of rich sometimes.

Me too !!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It feels like "beauty is only skin deep." While true, you only say it to ugly people, and they don't like being ugly.

You only get out, what you put in.

Time will tell

Attitude, the one thing you can choose.

The last one is true, You have to commit, but it is very true.

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score

Time will tell

Salute the nation
Yeah. True, but not funny.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Time will tell

Salute the nation
All of them are true, especially if you use them this way.

Attitude, the one thing you can choose, You only get out, what you put in, and Time will tell.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I use a blend of 94 octane with NO ethanol and 112 octane AV gas to get the BT50 attitude in the right place….

Salute the nation