• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

National Championship Semi-Final Games

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That fumble could be the nail in OSU's coffin

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Does OSU have another option at QB?

Joe Barrows, who has seen limited snaps during his time at tOSU and Dwayne Haskins, a five star QB in the 2016 class who's being redshirted. Urban's not burning the redshirt for the better option at this time of year. I'd be surprised though if J.T. is the QB next year.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Game Over ... learn from it Buckeyes and come back next year ... WITHOUT J.T. Barrett please.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
No, I just hate Ohio stat, lol

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Good Lord...this is why Conference Champions should be the one representing in this format.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
J.T. Barrett with too many mistakes

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Fixed that for you ... Can you tell I just don't like the kid as our QB? Didn't like him last year when the job was basically handed to him and he's done nothing to change my opinion.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Committee chose the 2nd best Pac 12 team and the 2nd best Big Ten team. The most important factor should be how good the teams are at the end of the season, not whether they lost an early game.

The bottom line is Ohio State got progressively worse as the season unfolded. That's not a slam, it's just reality for anybody who watched them play.

Penn State got better each week. Anybody who bothered to watch Ohio State play instead of just looking at their record, saw a team that has no passing game and a young defense that makes mistakes. JT Barrett lost confidence and their WRs aren't making plays. They miss the gamebreakers Elliott and Michael Thomas. They never seemed to figure out how to use Samuels.

Washington never belonged. This Bama game looked like Washington's game vs USC. USC was just too much for them and dominated. Washington's only decent win was vs Colorado and they weren't that good. Colorado got smoked by OK State in their bowl.

USC was also counted out for early season losses when they were still deciding on a QB and other positions. They got better each week, just like PSU.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Committee chose the 2nd best Pac 12 team and the 2nd best Big Ten team. The most important factor should be how good the teams are at the end of the season, not whether they lost an early game.

The bottom line is Ohio State got progressively worse as the season unfolded. That's not a slam, it's just reality for anybody who watched them play.

Penn State got better each week. Anybody who bothered to watch Ohio State play instead of just looking at their record, saw a team that has no passing game and a young defense that makes mistakes. JT Barrett lost confidence and their WRs aren't making plays. They miss the gamebreakers Elliott and Michael Thomas. They never seemed to figure out how to use Samuels.

Washington never belonged. This Bama game looked like Washington's game vs USC. USC was just too much for them and dominated. Washington's only decent win was vs Colorado and they weren't that good. Colorado got smoked by OK State in their bowl.

USC was also counted out for early season losses when they were still deciding on a QB and other positions. They got better each week, just like PSU.

You can throw all the experts pointing to PSU losing to Pitt as another factor. Pitt put 42 points on Clemson last month and lost by one and played 50x the game against the Tigers in Memorial Stadium South Carolina than this OSU team. But yeah...see how that worked out. Laughable this OSU team is playing tonight.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The experts also pointed to the 39 point loss to Missedagain ... but we'll overlook that right? When has a two loss team been given the opportunity to win a Nat. Championship ... Ever?!! tOSU is taking an *** whoopin and I'll eat that. But y'all PSU fans seem to want to forget those two losses. Take care of business and y'all would have been in. Nobody to blame but yourselves.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I will say this. Ohio State is the one team out of the 4 that looks like it doesn't belong.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Btw ... J.T. Barrett sucks ... Meyer should have let the Frosh play during the season like he did with Tebow and that guy that nobody remembers his name ...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I will say this. Ohio State is the one team out of the 4 that looks like it doesn't belong.

And I'll agree ...sucks for me

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
The experts also pointed to the 39 point loss to Missedagain ... but we'll overlook that right? When has a two loss team been given the opportunity to win a Nat. Championship ... Ever?!! tOSU is taking an *** whoopin and I'll eat that. But y'all PSU fans seem to want to forget those two losses. Take care of business and y'all would have been in. Nobody to blame but yourselves.

All I know is OSU is getting their *** kicked to high hell while the Conference Champs aren't playing. Pitt put 42 on Clemson....ya'll put a big nothingburger. Alot of people called out PSU should be there instead of OSU and you're seeing the results. Yeah...you can eat that. 31-0 for now.......

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Backup QB in for Clemson with 6 minutes left. OSU definetely deserved this seeding!
(OSU lost to PSU...shhhhh, don't bring it up)

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
All I know is OSU is getting their *** kicked to high hell while the Conference Champs aren't playing. Pitt put 42 on Clemson....ya'll put a big nothingburger. Alot of people called out PSU should be there instead of OSU and you're seeing the results. Yeah...you can eat that.

What am I going to eat? Y'all still got a game to play. I'd probably wait until that game is over before I went around pumping my chest.
PSU lost two games... you took your destiny out of your own hands. If you think you could have done better, you have no one but yourselves to blame for not being there. No one.
soooo ... I guess .. Yeah .. you can eat that if it means that much to you.

Otherwise it's still a GREAT day ... Still enjoying life .. and all this ... well, while I would have loved to have pumped MY chest, it isn't to be. So, I'll head on out to the New Years Eve party, drink some drinks, eat some food ... Kiss the fiance when the ball drops and bring the New Year in with a bang.

Hope you have the same type of experience Turd

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
What am I going to eat? Y'all still got a game to play. I'd probably wait until that game is over before I went around pumping my chest.
PSU lost two games... you took your destiny out of your own hands. If you think you could have done better, you have no one but yourselves to blame for not being there. No one.
soooo ... I guess .. Yeah .. you can eat that if it means that much to you.

Otherwise it's still a GREAT day ... Still enjoying life .. and all this ... well, while I would have loved to have pumped MY chest, it isn't to be. So, I'll head on out to the New Years Eve party, drink some drinks, eat some food ... Kiss the fiance when the ball drops and bring the New Year in with a bang.

Hope you have the same type of experience Turd

lol it's going to be hilarious listening to people talk about how "penn state would've given them a game!...n stuff" for the next couple days.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

2007 LSU was a 2 loss team getting a shot and that was in the BCS with just 2 teams chosen. People only selectively point to record. Record gets ignored all the time.

Is there no room for context? Penn State played Michigan early in the season when a new offense was being installed and they were playing without 4 of their starting front 7 players. All 3 LBs were injured and their #4 LB got ejected on a bogus targeting call that the Big 10 later admitted was wrong. PSU had to play a true freshman DE at OLB and he pretty much just ran around in a circle all game.

Look at the team PSU became when they became a whole team. Once the offense was installed and the injured defensive players were able to play, PSU was a much different team.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
As a fan of the team, I will say that OSU ought to be completely ashamed of themselves after the performance they put on tonight. It was a joke. JT Barrett needs to get on with his life's work because he stinks.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score

yep, that ain't no lie, a true ***-whooping tonight. BUT, a good chunk of this team is underclassmen, I expect them to come back in a big way next season.