• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Must be gone in off-season

johngaenzler

Reaction score
Ben
Bush
Edmunds
Ebron
Canada
Tuitt

Need to sign ILB and OG in free agency
Draft; OT, CB, NT S RB OLB
Bring back Juju at team-friendly loyalty deal

johngaenzler

Reaction score
PS: Draft a QB in round 3 or 4 who is smart and mobile to compete with Mason and pick up someone like Bridgewater or Garropolo to give a veteran presence.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin isn't going anywhere.
giphy.gif

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
The good news is that the Steelers should be picking in the top 10 of next years draft! lol

This team is soft, has no fire, and is poorly prepared and poorly coached. The way I see it, they have a chance to beat the Vikings and maybe split a game with the Browns. That's it. Tomlin's first losing season of many to come.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only 2 on the list I see potentially going are Ben and Ebron. My gut (as I posted in another thread) is that they cut or trade Tuitt but even that would surprise me. Canada will still be here. Edmunds could go but they will still make him an offer to stay. I doubt he will. He'll go for the most money. Bush isn't going anywhere. It's his 4th year and they will give him every opportunity to show he is fully recovered from the ACL (some players say it takes up to 3 years and he is just a little over 1) and the groin/hammy issues he had this year like the rest of the team. And, now that Spillane is injured, they can't bench Bush for a couple games to see if that lights a fire under him this year. But, I wouldn't be offering him his 5th-year option.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
What is our final record.

Ravens
At Min
TEN
At KC
Clev
At Ravens

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
By the title it said must be gone so realistic or not I will stick with that. Colbert,Tomlin,Canada, and Butler. Time for a reboot.

OK with this but I think they need to go a little deeper into the current coaching staff. The assistant(s) need to be magnifying glass looked at as well.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we can win 1 but more than that, I have my serious doubts. 6-10-1 and we will get a decent pick in the draft. If we somehow go 3-3 and finish 8-8-1 and get another middle-of-the-road pick, I will actually be pissed this time. This team sucks. The coaches suck. They do have a lot of good young players but they will need a new QB, a stud at NT that plays 3 downs and commands double teams, and a stud on the OL. They can get all 3 this offseason via the draft or FA. I think they have to sign Haden and I hope they do. The young guys back there have potential but weren't quite ready for primetime this year. They will need another piece or 2 in the secondary as well.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I think we can win 1 but more than that, I have my serious doubts. 6-10-1 and we will get a decent pick in the draft. If we somehow go 3-3 and finish 8-8-1 and get another middle-of-the-road pick, I will actually be pissed this time. This team sucks. The coaches suck. They do have a lot of good young players but they will need a new QB, a stud at NT that plays 3 downs and commands double teams, and a stud on the OL. They can get all 3 this offseason via the draft or FA. I think they have to sign Haden and I hope they do. The young guys back there have potential but weren't quite ready for primetime this year. They will need another piece or 2 in the secondary as well.
Give all that to any team with a decent head coach and they are back in the playoffs at least. Until Tomlin moves on we are stuck with mediocrity

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
The Ravens and Chiefs are sure losses. Saying that, they could lose out and there will be a hostage(coach) or two shot to look like they are serious in the off-season. What true changes are gonna happen to make this team competitve in the AFCN, let alone the AFC? If they don't make changes at the top on down to re-tool and re-build with new ideas and mindset, then we are just flapping our gums.

steelcan58

Reaction score
I don't quite have the optimism that we have a lot of good young players. Can't really tell how good or bad they are with how terrible the coaching schemes are with the current staff. With this current regime I have little faith that any develope. And I have little faith the regime changes any time soon.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ravens
At Min
TEN
At KC
Clev
At Ravens

This is not going to be pretty. 5-10-2.

Tomlin somehow bungles his way to a tie in the last game of the season as the Ravens have secured the #2 seed and rest the entire team, including Harbaugh, who watches the game from his home. The Steelers take an 18-3 lead into halftime following six field goals, including 3 from the Ravens 1/2 yard line, and are set to put the game away with their first drive of the 2nd half and a 1st and goal from the Ravens 3.

Inexplicably, the Steelers run three straight empty backfield all-fly pattern pass plays that wind up with a completion to the WR in the stands. Tomlin decides that now is the time for a fake field goal, and as Boswell drifts to his right looking for a receiver in a crowded endzone, he is hit on the chin and concussed. The referees of course miss the illegal hit and after the incompletion, Ravens take over on their own 3.

Backup QB Tyler Huntley suffered a strained hamstring in warmups so the Ravens had no choice but to play Dwayne Haskins, claimed off the Steelers waiver wire earlier in the week. The notoriously inaccurate Haskins struggled through a horrible first half, missing wide open receivers and explained later that he was confused at having guys that open and thought, "They're trying to deke me." He rebounds in the 2nd half and goes 19-21, with the two incompletions being spikes, for 371 yards and 2 TD's. With a 2-point conversion, the game winds up tied 18-18.

The Steelers only scoring chance in the 2nd half fizzled when Pressley Harvin, pressed into kicking duties after the Boswell concussion, tried to kick a field goal left-footed, though he is actually right-footed. Explained Harvin, "Chris had the only right-footed kicking shoe and that went with him to the hospital, so I thought, what the hell? Let's go lefty."

The Steelers win the toss in overtime and Mike Tomlin inexplicably defers to the 2nd half. The referees try to explain there is no second half, but Tomlin is adamant. Ravens get the ball and are set to win the game on another completion to the TE over the middle of the field when Mike Tomlin flies off the bench and tackles the guy. The referee crew huddles up for almost fifteen minutes before declaring a 5-yard penalty on the Steelers for having 12 men on the field.

The Ravens drive stalls out and Ben takes over. He runs the goalline offense, with an extra OT and 3 TE's, Harris up the middle three straight times for 2 yards. After the game, Tomlin notes, "I thought you idiots wanted me to run the ball!" Reporters try to explain that people wanted him to run that offense first-and-goal from the 3, not at their own 30-yard line.

After another Harvin 33-yard punt, the Ravens take over but manage nothing, due in large part to a series of highly complex formation penalties that the referees are unable to explain. The white hat tries to tell the hostile fans, "You wouldn't understand. You know what you said. I shouldn't have to tell you." The NFL also proudly notes that this is the first game where the referee is a female!

The game ends 18-18. After the game an emotional Tomlin tells the team he has "never been prouder of a group of players" and tries to bell Big Ben how much he looks forward to the 2022 season. However, Ben left midway through the speech because his private jet could not wait and Tomlin had not noticed.

That's how I get to 5-10-2.

Last edited:

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
So let’s move that forward. Where do we fall? I’m thinking the 6-8 range. And damn some teams got a **** ton of first range picks.

1. Detroit Lions (0-10-1)
2. Houston Texans (2-9)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-9)
4. New York Jets (3-8)
5. New York Jets (from Seattle 3-7)
6. New York Giants (4-7)
7. New York Giants (from Chicago 4-7)
8. Washington Football Team (4-6)
9. Philadelphia Eagles (5-7)
10. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami 5-7)

11. Carolina Panthers (5-7)
12. Atlanta Falcons (5-6)
13. New Orleans Saints (5-6)
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Indianapolis 6-6, assuming Carson Wentz plays 75% of snaps for Colts)
15. Cleveland Browns (6-6)
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-5-1)

str8liner

Reaction score
It's hard to root for this team.

I see it taking on a life of its own sorta the way the Pirates did over the years.

This is not going to be pretty. 5-10-2.

Its hard to see a win the rest of year unless they can figure out how to stop the run, but if they could they might manage to win the Cleveland game? Or one of the Ravens games? I watched them last night and Baker is busted up bad and Lamar is a turnover machine.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
It will take at least two drafts and some quality free agent pick-ups to get back on track to making the playoffs.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely a few teams there that would potentially be eyeing a QB. If we win more than 1 game out of our next 6, we will probably stay about where we are and get a **** pick. Even to get into the top ten, we'd have to **** the bed and hope those other teams win 2 or 3 games.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Ben
Bush
Edmunds
Ebron
Canada
Tuitt

Need to sign ILB and OG in free agency
Draft; OT, CB, NT S RB OLB
Bring back Juju at team-friendly loyalty deal
Butler. He's basically not really doing his job now - Tomlin is calling defensive plays. He has no trust in him.

Tuitt will be kept. We need to rebuild the defensive line, and having him in place will help that.

I'd still keep bush - I think he can be rehabbed.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

Ravens
At Min
TEN
At KC
Clev
At Ravens
Ravens are pretty 1 dimensional, but we can not stop the run lately and Andrews may give us trouble. Normally we play them tough so those games are 50-50.
Minnesota has a lot of firepower and has a good back (not sure of injury status) and we will be playing them on a short week. I don't see us being able to keep up with their WRs so i don't see a win there.
For KC the D seems to be improving but the offense is not what it used to be. We are having trouble with scrambling QBs and i don't think our offense can score enough.
I think we stand a chance against Tenn.
We stand a chance against the Browns.
Best case i see is 9-7-1, but realistically i see 7-9-1.