• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock the mock, 7 rounder

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously doubt they will draft Van Pran. He doesn't fit the mold of their scheme. McCormick, Limmer or Nourzad are more likely late.

ianv2012

Reaction score
20: OC- Jackson Powers-Johnson
51: CB- Mike Sainristil
84: WR- Xavier Leggette
98: OT- Christian Jones
119: LB- Jeremiah Trotter Jr
178: DT- Kristian Boyd
195: QB- Jordan Travis

FordFairLane

Reaction score
20- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
51- Maason Smith DL LSU
84- Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
98- Jermaine Burton WR Alabama
119- Beaux Limmer OC Arkansas
178- Jarrian Jones DB FSU
195- Keith Randulph Jr DL Illinois

Last edited:

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
20. Amarius Mims. I'd been wanting Graham Barton, but passed this time. Mims can start at RT. he can be a LT in a pinch. Thus we move Moore to RG - if Herbig cant be the Center and we wind up sliding Daniels to Center. Lots of movement with just one selection.

51. Malachi Corley. Talk is he's of similar game as Deebo Samuel. Which would be nice.

91. T'Vondre Sweat. Barton is the only young guy on the DL and Heyward's got less games ahead of him than behind.

98. Kyree Jackson. The CB room isnt very busy, Tall, rangy dude. Taken a little earlier and could have gotten him with my next pick, though.

119. Jeremiah Trotter. No idea why he's starting to slide down draft boards, but ... hell yes.

155. Jalen Coker. Rumor is he's the "Puka Nakua" of this draft.

178. Myles Cole. So we can give Watt and Highsmith a rest every so often. Cole and Herbig would be a nice little backup combo

195. Jordan Travis. Another guy sliding down draft boards. he's not a big dude, but he's big on talent. If he'd not broken his leg, he's likely a late 1st or early 2nd pick.

240. Kamal Hadden. Likely no more than a special teams guy for his career, but if he can navigate the jump in talent, he's a gamer. Good size and speed for a CB.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
1.20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
It was tough to pass on the the top CB prospects just sitting here, but I think the front office wants to build through the trenches and while Mims isn't a ready-made prospect, he has elite upside.

2.51 Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
The Steelers like to find physically gifted receivers who fall in the draft, but without a dependable option on the roster, I go with the guy who has excellent route-running abilities

3.84 Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College
Yeah, way early for where he's mocked in this draft, but since I can't trade and wanted to get him, here's a spot.

3.98 Jeremiah Trotter, Jr., LB, Clemson
Again, I know he was there in the fourth, but he's too good of a value to pass up. I'd strongly consider Jalen McMillan here as well.

4.119 Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas
Excellent athletic testing and seems like he'd be a good development prospect if the Steelers add a veteran starter later on.

6.178 Erick All, TE, Iowa
I don't know if Freiermuth is the long-term option, so I'm taking a chance at a TE from a program that pumps out NFL talent at the position.

6.195 Jordan Whittington, WR, Texas
Just trying to find a developmental option at WR late.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
question is if Wiggins is there. If he is there... Tomlin is going to get him. If not,, i can see it falling with mims or barton as #1.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
20- Mims- RT done
51Masson smith- to early but not in this draft
84- D sweat Dline should be good for awhile
98- Van Pran 3/4 quarter of the line is now Bulldogs
118- trotter

The rest I would be guessing. but his would make our trenches better

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
20. Amarius Mims. I'd been wanting Graham Barton, but passed this time. Mims can start at RT. he can be a LT in a pinch. Thus we move Moore to RG - if Herbig cant be the Center and we wind up sliding Daniels to Center. Lots of movement with just one selection.

51. Malachi Corley. Talk is he's of similar game as Deebo Samuel. Which would be nice.

91. T'Vondre Sweat. Barton is the only young guy on the OL and Heyward's got less games ahead of him than behind.

98. Kyree Jackson. The CB room isnt very busy, Tall, rangy dude. Taken a little earlier and could have gotten him with my next pick, though.

119. Jeremiah Trotter. No idea why he's starting to slide down draft boards, but ... hell yes.

155. Jalen Coker. Rumor is he's the "Puka Nakua" of this draft.

178. Myles Cole. So we can give Watt and Highsmith a rest every so often. Cole and Herbig would be a nice little backup combo

195. Jordan Travis. Another guy sliding down draft boards. he's not a big dude, but he's big on talent. If he'd not broken his leg, he's likely a late 1st or early 2nd pick.

240. Kamal Hadden. Likely no more than a special teams guy for his career, but if he can navigate the jump in talent, he's a gamer. Good size and speed for a CB.

Very good Supe, I too think J.Travis is a very wise pick. He can be developed into a reasonable QB and if for some reason we let him go…….. more than likely we can get a draft pick for him.

I think he would challenge the QB room now, provided he is healed properly.

Salute the nation