• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Wallace fails conditioning test for second day

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Mike Wallace fails conditioning test for second straight day
Michael Kaskey-Blomain - 3 hours ago 0
Baltimore Newsletter

Mike Wallace's first training camp in Baltimore is not exactly off to a great start.

For the second straight day, the wide receiver failed the team's conditioning test that he must pass in order to be able to take the field.

The Ravens didn't seem overly concerned on Wednesday, as it was reported that Wallace had hit five of six benchmarks on the test, indicating that he was close to passing.

However, the team's attitude seemed a little different on Thursday. When asked if Wallace was any closer to passing today, Ravens Head Coach Jim Harbaugh didn't seem too pleased.

"Yeah, I'm not going to get into all that. You either pass it or you don’t. You know? You make it or you don’t," he replied flatly.

The Ravens are understandably eager to get their new receiver out on the field. Wallace will presumably be given another opportunity to pass the test in the near future.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Guess he didn't keep up his off season workout regimen.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
P

POP

I never even heard of fast guys not passing conditioning test; I thought only big fat guys failed it. Wallace is a burner and yet that out of shape?

He is a turd. So glad he's not here.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
"Yeah, I'm not going to get into all that. You either pass it or you don’t. You know? You make it or you don’t," he replied flatly.
ravens coach speaks like his team plays, "flatly".

Some people were calling MW signing as a coup for the ravens, especially because the WR is a former Steeler draftee, well, it's not starting as they expected.

P

POP

ravens coach speaks like his team plays, "flatly".

Some people were calling MW signing as a coup for the ravens, especially because the WR is a former Steeler draftee, well, it's not starting as they expected.

He's awful for team chemistry. I hated his "young money" bull **** when he was here. He seemed to make the other two WRs have worse attitudes too. Good riddance.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
He's awful for team chemistry. I hated his "young money" bull **** when he was here. He seemed to make the other two WRs have worse attitudes too. Good riddance.

I think the whole "young money" is /what was the driving force for Brown to become who he is. I didn't care for it either but if the end result is the Brown we have today I personal thank Mikey boy.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I never had a problem with Wallace. Wallace-Flacko could be a problem for us.

a couple of years back, yeap I'd agree. But now he isn't That Fast and also he never was a WR that fought for the catch, with Flacco prayers downfield the only WRs that thrive are those that could high-point the catch and/or be physical enough to fight for it

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
How different things would have been if Wallace signed that deal for him, the Steelers and AB. Glad things went down as they did.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Goodfellas.jpg

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
a couple of years back, yeap I'd agree. But now he isn't That Fast and also he never was a WR that fought for the catch, with Flacco prayers downfield the only WRs that thrive are those that could high-point the catch and/or be physical enough to fight for it

Idk the Ravens like to throw some bombs and get a flag for some serious yardage

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
One trick Mike doing us proud. SO SO glad he passed on the $$ we offered and we gave it to AB instead.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Idk the Ravens like to throw some bombs and get a flag for some serious yardage

True, the Rats pass plays mostly involve not catching the ball but running into the DB to draw a flag, so Wallace might be a fit. They should hire Plaxico Burress as WR coach.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
True, the Rats pass plays mostly involve not catching the ball but running into the DB to draw a flag, so Wallace might be a fit. They should hire Plaxico Burress as WR coach.

But all this is the result of their WR's going up/back/toward the ball which brings the contact with the defender. Mike has always shied away from contact. Has always shied away from going back for the ball. Has always shied away from jumping for the ball. I'm not so worried.