• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Mayock

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I’d be fine with either one of these two. I don’t think it will happen though but would be cool if one was hired.

I hear yaz steelhurt, I picked these two because I' m sure Art Duce would respect them and not just blow them off. I'm pretty sure it won't happen either but like I said I was just throwing out a couple Sttelers guys.

Salute the nation

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the current system is that Colbert coordinates the scouting, gathers all the reports then Tomlin picks a guy he gets a good feeling about at a dinner meeting.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I like many wonder how much influence he was allowed to have. Between Davis and Gruden he probably was at best third in personnel decision making. That said I think Khan easily takes the helm as the new GM. He threw himself out on a limb with trading for Fitzpatrick and it ended up being a good decision.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Next man up will be the catch phrase for our QB & GM next season..

Mason and Omar

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Leave real football to the pros. Let Kiper, Mayock, and the other tv people play fantasy GM.

In all fairness, as noted here, Mayock played the game, albeit he was not very good. One can say that his situation would compare to that of John Lynch over with the 9ers... went from player to TV analyst/broadcaster to GM.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
In all fairness, as noted here, Mayock played the game, albeit he was not very good. One can say that his situation would compare to that of John Lynch over with the 9ers... went from player to TV analyst/broadcaster to GM.
A lot times, the better sports coaches/managers are found in those who spent more time on the bench watching, or trying to improve, than those more naturally physically gifted.