• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Ruldoph Responses to Myles Garrett

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Steelers back-up QB Mason Ruldoph broke his silence on Saturday morning about Myles Garrett‘s accusations. He quote-tweeted this SportsCenter tweet to call Garrett a liar. 1000% False. Bold-Faced Lie. I did not, have not, and would not utter a racial-slur. This is a disgusting and reckless attempt to assassinate my character. https://t.co/mZcEcC0tCl — Mason […]

More...

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
You have no choice but lawsuit now.

Yup, looks like Rudolph's lawyers are preparing to do just that.

N-vtelen.png

<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.7303c29a8108bca4ac5c9ef008ed8164.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.steelernationforums.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
"This obviously was not the first time Mr. Rudolph had been sacked by an African American player."

This line is pure comedy. Not sure why, but I keep chuckling when I read it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
"This obviously was not the first time Mr. Rudolph had been sacked by an African American player."

This line is pure comedy. Not sure why, but I keep chuckling when I read it.

With a name like Rudolph, had it been someone of Hebrew ancestry it may have been a different story. LOL.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
You have no choice but lawsuit now.

My guess is it will be threatened as I believe it already has, and I'm no lawyer but..............
at the point where Garrett makes his initial claim days after the incident the burden of proof fell upon him. No one could corroborate hearing what Rudolph supposedly said. Therefore no action could be taken. If Rudolph launches a lawsuit the burden flips. So they bring all the immediate witnesses before the judge and each says I didn't hear him say that. Garrett's lawyer's first question for every single one would be "Could you have missed what he said?" Then They bring Garrett up and he says he was in shock from the incident blah, blah blah. Case dismissed. Its a classic school yard story. I'm sorry, but the lawsuit might be filed, because it is fairly cheap, but I'm pretty sure a good lawyer knows if it is viable or not. And I really doubt it is.

mdk2

Reaction score
My guess is it will be threatened as I believe it already has, and I'm no lawyer but..............
at the point where Garrett makes his initial claim days after the incident the burden of proof fell upon him. No one could corroborate hearing what Rudolph supposedly said. Therefore no action could be taken. If Rudolph launches a lawsuit the burden flips. So they bring all the immediate witnesses before the judge and each says I didn't hear him say that. Garrett's lawyer's first question for every single one would be "Could you have missed what he said?" Then They bring Garrett up and he says he was in shock from the incident blah, blah blah. Case dismissed. Its a classic school yard story. I'm sorry, but the lawsuit might be filed, because it is fairly cheap, but I'm pretty sure a good lawyer knows if it is viable or not. And I really doubt it is.

Can still sue him for battery, that one will stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
They really should like detector this guy, as he continues to attack Mason's character. Or Mason take one and show the results.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Mason, it doesn't matter who is telling the truth because people believe whatever they want to and his character is damaged for the rest of his life.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Mason, it doesn't matter who is telling the truth because people believe whatever they want to and his character is damaged for the rest of his life.

I think the only peeps who will believe Garrett is ignorant people. And who gives a **** what they believe.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So for any stupid ignorant fools lurking here I want to point out that there were multiple mic’d up players in the vicinity of the incident along with network sound recordings and other audio sources.

As with every prior allegation the NFL has had about racist remarks on the field the nfl investigated... it has never been shy about punishing players for such remarks.

There is this totally obtuse train of thought going around Cleveland that the league claims no recordings of the incident took place because they are covering it up, but that’s literally an ignorant interpretation based off of taking a statement out of context and spinning it to your agenda

The truth is that the nfl’s statement was that they didn’t find any record of him saying anything racist, not that there weren’t any records of the incident... literally they listened to everything and nothing corroborated what garrett claims... because Rudolph never actually said it...

Face it, Garrett just lied to try to get out of trouble. He is a piece of ****... he belongs in ****** browns colors on a ****** browns team...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Can still sue him for battery, that one will stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battery sticks, it might be counter sued for his minor stuff in the melee, but regardless. What are his damages? Does he have physical trauma? And if he goes mental trauma he is saying he is a NFL QB that is mentally damaged from the incident so he better make a shitload in the lawsuit cause that will be hanging over his career. Honestly I think his best course of action if he DIDN'T say that. And I assume he did not based upon everything that happened in the aftermath. But I do not KNOW he did not. Would be to publicly approach an organization like ESPN and state he would take a polygraph if Garrett would as well with the proceeds of his appearance going to disadvantage youth sport in Pittsburgh or wherever.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Love it! Rudolph did what I said he should and call Garrett a flat out liar. Now, I definitely hope his attorney files a defamation suit against Garrett. Although, it probably won't go anywhere.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
This has become a no win situation for both players.
Myles will have half the world viewing him as a liar and Mason will have half the world viewing him as a racist.
There are posts on instagram stating " I believe Myles because he is black" and there are posts with Mason wearing a KKK hood....

Damage has been done..... only one that benefits going forward are lawyers

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Does Myles look like Jussie's darker-skinned bigger brother?

hi-res-d26a8fde95c9cf15d5aa416f99cef22d_crop_north.jpg

190129090151-jussie-smollett-exlarge-169.jpg

steelhurt

Reaction score
What this amounts to is a guy trying to justify a horrible act where he lost control so he plays the race card days after the altercation.
“I’ll say he called me the N word and my actions will look justified”. That’s what this amounts to.
That’s not only disrespectful to Rudolph but to the black race. He’s using something so sensitive to justify his actions where he lost control.
This closes the book for me on Garrett who is truly a man without morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I blame the NFL here. Part of Garrett's reinstatement should have been to muzzle this ****. It should have been. if you want to continue this story, fine you need to submit to a polygraph. If you pass, say what you want. If you fail, you better STFU about it or we are turning over that evidence to Mason's lawyers.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Calling someone a name isn’t illegal. Using a helmet as a weapon with intent to injure is a crime.

They should file a lawsuit against that *******.

mdk2

Reaction score
Calling someone a name isn’t illegal. Using a helmet as a weapon with intent to injure is a crime.

They should file a lawsuit against that *******.

In today's society, calling someone a name is enough cause to hurt or possibly kill someone... well then again, depends on who is calling who a name as well.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I feel really sorry for Rudolph. Frankly he is in an impossible situation. You got this jackass who is trying to rehabilitate his image by tearing down someone else's. You could launch a lawsuit, but that is not a winner. You could launch a lawsuit for the assault, but that isn't a good PR winner either. Stay firm on your position. If he didn't do it, say you will submit to a polygraph and tell the reporter, Garrett should be asked the same, and wait for it to go away.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean if he sues he should demand the release of all audio footage and sue for an extremely high number and only offer to settle if Garrett offers to completely recant...

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm the only white dude in a black band. A while back the drummer accused me of racism. The band asked me if I wanted him fired, lol. I said no. He's kind of crazy...and I'm just a decent cat who destroyed his soul every night...with my guitar. He quit...and man are we a far better band without his hatred/racist ****.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Im pretty certain that living in ohio make you stupid... the narrative there is switching to Rudolph more or less whispered it to him while thet were tussling on the Ground so no one could have heard but Garrett....

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm the only white dude in a black band. A while back the drummer accused me of racism. The band asked me if I wanted him fired, lol. I said no. He's kind of crazy...and I'm just a decent cat who destroyed his soul every night...with my guitar. He quit...and man are we a far better band without his hatred/racist ****.

Is that you Ben.......lol