• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Rudolph knocked out cold on helmet hit, ruled out of game

Xc944

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that was. Cheap
Shot should stop watching football immediately and switch to badminton. There was absolutely nothing wrong put flags On the pussiee snd give all the steeler fans milk and cookies.

SteveA

Reaction score
I will say this....Hodges is WAYYYYYYY more confident in the pocket than Mason....He was surveying the field but not panicking as Mason has been doing. They are totally different QB's. Weak arm? Not necessarily a cannon, but yes he CAN MAKE THESE THROWS

Not only was Hodges more confident back there, I was more confident when he was in there...I really felt we would win with him back there cause he was cool, calm, & collected

Get well quick Mason, cause this guy may not relinquish the job

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that was. Cheap
Shot should stop watching football immediately and switch to badminton. There was absolutely nothing wrong put flags On the pussiee snd give all the steeler fans milk and cookies.

The very Definition of Cheap. Rudolphs feet were not even on the ground, Thomas had to Launch himself up to hit the 6.5 QB with the crown of his helmet in the head.

We should of targeted their kicker.

mdl

Banned
Reaction score
um, yeah, it wasn't even close to being that bad, but ok

The point was Rudy walked off with a seriously jorrific injury 42 years ago and Rudolph stupidly walked off today because he WANTED to. No one knew in 77 how bad Tomjanovich was hurt but we all knew Rudolph was lnocked out cold and yet we let him decide to walk off the field.

Buster

Reaction score
I could be wrong,but I thought there was a 15 yarder thrown?

I would like to know when it was thrown. From the TV broadcast it seems that it must have been thrown while they were attending to Rudolph. I don’t think the announcers ever mentioned it.

carbonsteel

Reaction score
Sorry but I find it hard to believe under any scenario there is a protocol that suggests a player get carried off the field after being knocked unconscious for 5 min or more. Oh and to NOT use a cart. That was so embarrassing and unprofessional it was almost comical. It really WAS like a Simpson's episode. How the F does a team doctor agree to that ?

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Agreed. They were focusing so much on Rudolph being down that they barely talked about the hit.

In fact, I don't think either one mentioned that it drew a penalty.

BTW: The officiating was awful, both ways. I always thought Tom White and Jeff Triplette were the worst officials in at least 15 or 20 years.

Walt Anderson, today's head ref, is right up there with them.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
The cart was equipped with a regular ambulance type gurney. He could have been put on that and rolled off the field.
NY Post quoting the NFL said a backup cart was on the other sideline.

I guess they deemed it unneeded. Strange as that sounds.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Sorry but I find it hard to believe under any scenario there is a protocol that suggests a player get carried off the field after being knocked unconscious for 5 min or more. Oh and to NOT use a cart...

The cart wasn't working, correct? That shot of people pushing it was embarrassing. The Ravens' cart sure worked.

carbonsteel

Reaction score
KA6ceE6RmPurVXMx5

Steeler team doctor, Dr. Nick Riviera, suggests walking around an unconcious patient helps 'get the blood flowing'.

latest

7Ch9ErJ.jpg

Last edited:

mdl

Banned
Reaction score
The cart was equipped with a regular ambulance type gurney. He could have been put on that and rolled off the field.
NY Post quoting the NFL said a backup cart was on the other sideline.

I guess they deemed it unneeded. Strange as that sounds.

They dont take off the facemask unless you are going to out him on the spine board yet they did and then they let him walk off the field, horrible.

GREENE75

Reaction score
Yes Refs should have ejected him for his action on the field, but they didnt, he is still responsible for his actions and should pay .

Sent from my SM-A600AZ using Steeler Nation mobile app