• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Los Angeles Chargers

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The shield wants money in bigger markets. LA does not give a rats *** about football or there are already established fan bases of other teams

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Great, now the only teams that gave wins to the 49ers and Browns this year are both in LA! woop

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
LA doesn't care about the new team they just got, why would they care about a second? Heck, the college football teams out there will probably still be more popular. This really sucks for San Diego and the fans. Selfishly, I always wanted to get out there at least once for a football game, so much for that.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a Seattle Sonics fan, it sucks like hell to have your team stolen (and I'm not from Seattle nor live there) so I can't imagine what it must feel for local fans

SteveA

Reaction score
I saw the Steelers beat the Chargers last year for my 25th Anniversary as time ran out.....

Qualcomm Stadium is an absolute dump.......Felt like I was in a prison when purchasing food.....No ventilation and just a bad environment....I would never attend a game there if not for the Black & Gold

15 years Spanos tried to get a deal even holding out last year....Nothing....

I am in LA and we won't support teams unless they put a good product on the field......For the Chargers to be successful and surpass the Raiders as LA's #1 team....Yes I said Raiders, they simply need to win.....

The Rams are heading in the right direction and the Raiders will be off to Vegas soon, which will alienate Oakland.....

Pro Football is different 20 years later as it has grown huge and transplant fans wanting to see their teams now have more opportunity....

TV will be interesting because we will be forced to watch Rams & Chargers week after week....As a Steeler fan I now have more opportunity to watch my boys in person than I have had.....

Chicoman

Reaction score
What's even more bizarre if this goes thru is that the Chargers for the next two years will play at Stub Hub Stadium a soccer stadium with a seating capacity of 27,000+. I'd imagine the team will suck balls since they'll have no money to pay players. I know the NFL shares revenue so each team usually gets between $200-$225MM bucks annually but how the frig are they going to pay for team costs? travel? payroll?

I just don't understand why he didn't build a new stadium in San Diego even using his own money it would have been better in the long term for the league and him financially.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Sucks for San Diego, but really don't care what happens out there in Cali.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
They'll both fail. LA can't support football. So combine the Chargers with the Rams and call them the Chams.

Done with it.

IronMike52

Reaction score
Gotta love billionaire logic. New San Diego downtown stadium cost was estimated to be $1.8 billion. Spanos family is estimated to be worth over $2 billion. NFL would have kicked in $300 million for a new stadium in San Diego. Now, the Chargers have to pay a $650 million relocation fee and whatever other costs are associated with moving their whole operation 90 minutes north and play in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium for two years where they plan to jack ticket prices in hopes people will be willing to pay for a more "unique, intimate fan experience," which is totally going to happen because there's nothing else cool to do in LA, right? And after all that, they get to be forgotten tenants of landlord Stan Kroenke, whose Rams will be equally forgotten about if they don't start to win, and fast. Holy ****, this plan sounds flawless! It's going to be great to watch the NFL's LA greed result in a swift, hard kick to the nuts of Rog and the owners.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
LA will not support this team. Just you wait.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I'm a Seattle Sonics fan, it sucks like hell to have your team stolen (and I'm not from Seattle nor live there) so I can't imagine what it must feel for local fans

I was born and raised a few miles from Oklahoma City and don't like how all of that went down.

Can't pull for the Thunder, and it'll be interesting to see if they continue to draw well when Westbrook leaves.

That said, I think an NFL team could make it there (or halfway between Oklahoma City and Tulsa). I think San Antonio could support a team, too.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
LA doesn't care about the new team they just got, why would they care about a second? Heck, the college football teams out there will probably still be more popular. This really sucks for San Diego and the fans. Selfishly, I always wanted to get out there at least once for a football game, so much for that.

SoCal supports USC & UCLA Football & basketball, Dodger Baseball and the Lakers.
The LA ""Bolts" or whatever they're called now are going to play for 2 years in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium near Compton??
That should work out well.
Owner Spanos rigged up this web page for Charger fans to get tickets thinking they'll make the 2 1/2 hour drive from SD to LA and back LOL
Spanos is a jagoff and must not drive, that traffic out there is so bad there aren't adjectives to describe it!

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
There are vast specifics regarding this franchise move. Difficult to really place all blame on either side. Spanos has been trying to get SD to help build a new stadium for a long while. Qualcomm is known as one of the worst in the league. I know SD has a good fan base, but they haven't been filling seats there in a while. I would be hesitant to spend a billion of my own if I couldn't get the fans to sell out the stadium now.

On a lighter note, since they apparently changed the logo already and it appears they will have primary Blue/White colors as will the Rams based on their new logo, don't the Dodgers feel "disrespected" with e other professional teams using their color scheme?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ya, my best friend is a San Diego fan. (Note that.)

He said last night he has to find a new team until somebody comes back to San Diego. I tried to talk him off the ledge. You have to remember he's been a Chargers fan since he was 18 years old and went to college in San Diego.

I asked him, Ok, I get that it sucks that the team is moving and all, but let's think about this for a moment. Are you a fan of the Team or the Town?" He said the town.

So I rephrased. "Ok, how bout this. "What if the Raiders relocated to San Diego? Would you be a Raiders fan?" He said yes.

I said, Ok. **** the Chargers.

But how the league believes for a moment at least one of those teams isn't going to be out of LA within the next 5 years is beyond me.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I will say I think it would be kinda cool to watch an NFL game in a 27,000 seat stadium.

Spike

Reaction score
so, this means it's more likely the Raiders are going to Vegas?

raiderslasvegas-082516-usnews-ftr_1cab83ed6u8w71gqj5dmgqaq7p.jpg