• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Looks like the camp darlings are Rogers, Coates, Chickillo, and Hargrave..

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
At least 2 are definitely making it (Coates and Hargrave) but is there a chance that all 4 make the 53?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Coates and Hargrave are locks and Chickillo is almost a lock, IMO. Rogers is the wild card given the depth and talent at the position, but he is in the lead so far and seems to have a good chance as well.

C

Clete

All four are locks. We have never had an elite slot receiver and Rodgers can definitely be that guy.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I'd say Chick has solidified himself as the heir apparent to Jones or Harrison... I guess kinda both. And if Rogers can catch punts he's our 5th wr. Only way Ayers makes it is if we carry 6 and he's like lightening in a bottle on returns

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I'd say Chick has solidified himself as the heir apparent to Jones or Harrison... I guess kinda both. And if Rogers can catch punts he's our 5th wr. Only way Ayers makes it is if we carry 6 and he's like lightening in a bottle on returns

I want to see Chick do it in games. Love the progress I'm hearing but want to see it in game action..if Jones is not brought back I would love to have the heir apparent already in fold. I do not want to spend another premium pick at OLB

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
At least 2 are definitely making it (Coates and Hargrave) but is there a chance that all 4 make the 53?

I'd say there a 90% all 4 make the initial 53 man roster, barring injuries.

Tyler Matakevich isn't a lock, but I like his chances too.

It is often said a player's biggest improvement happens in second camp. Coates is on fire, and Chickillo making plays.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Coates has never been a doubt to make it, neither a 3rd round rookie like Hargrave. Chickillo and Rogers are playing lights out and I hope it keeps going during pre-season games

Slash#10

Reaction score
Jesse James could be on this list as well. I think he makes the 53 barring a meltdown given the opportunity he has in front of him. But with the FA pickup (Green) with a great skill set, James has to bring it every rep he gets.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Jesse James could be on this list as well. I think he makes the 53 barring a meltdown given the opportunity he has in front of him. But with the FA pickup (Green) with a great skill set, James has to bring it every rep he gets.

Green hasn't trained once nursing an injury, Jesse James is a lock

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Green hasn't trained once nursing an injury, Jesse James is a lock

Our 20 million dollar man might not be ready for the regular season.

By missing live action, his chemistry with Ben and familiarity of the offense are behind. I do not think the Steelers felt Green's injury was this bad.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Our 20 million dollar man might not be ready for the regular season.

By missing live action, his chemistry with Ben and familiarity of the offense are behind. I do not think the Steelers felt Green's injury was this bad.

He actually is our 5M$ per season man

ZACKB

Reaction score
I think they all make it and Chick could overtake Jarvis for his role.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
He actually is our 5M$ per season man

Green now has crippling and reoccurring headaches. Reports indicate that Green was diagnosed with two concussions on in 11 days in September 2015.

We could have a player and agent looking to cash out on a big contract then pull a Jason Worilds. Not that I blame Green for getting as much as he could in free agency. It is plausible he hide his headache issues during free agency. Who knows when they really started.

I blame our medical examiner giving the team the okay on the ankle and not picking up this reoccurring headache problem.

On headaches, they are part of the game, but usually nothing serious. They either go away or an aspirin takes care of them.

However, when headaches re-occurred that keep a player out of action, it could be a very dangerous sign of swelling on the brain.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Green now has crippling and reoccurring headaches. Reports indicate that Green was diagnosed with two concussions on in 11 days in September 2015.

We could have a player and agent looking to cash out on a big contract then pull a Jason Worilds. Not that I blame Green for getting as much as he could in free agency. It is plausible he hide his headache issues during free agency. Who knows when they really started.

I blame our medical examiner giving the team the okay on the ankle and not picking up this reoccurring headache problem.

On headaches, they are part of the game, but usually nothing serious. They either go away or an aspirin takes care of them.

However, when headaches re-occurred that keep a player out of action, it could be a very dangerous sign of swelling on the brain.

still, he isn't a 20M $ man, that's Big Ben. So don't stir my point