• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell: Retirement over Reid

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Le’Veon Bell is making news again, publicly stating he’d retire before playing for Andy Reid again.

There is an old proverb: “Beware what you wish for because you just might get it.”

One might think that Bell learned that the hard way already. Bell was an elite running back on a career trajectory that would have put him in the Hall of Fame had he remained with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His desire to get paid “guaranteed” money led him to sign with a perceived “better” deal with the New York Jets. From there, that trajectory diverged downward and plummeted faster than the 1929 market crash that resulted in the Great Depression. The decision cost him millions in unrecoverable dollars.

Bell was open about blaming Adam Gase for his decline and probably figured “The grass was greener on the other side” when he signed with the offensive powerhouse Kansas City Chiefs. Probably assuming that playing with Patrick Mahomes would see him return to the previous All-Pro level he enjoyed while pairing with Ben Roethlisberger, he almost certainly figured he could parley his success into one more large contract. Still, he couldn’t resist slipping in a dig against Roethlisberger in commenting it would be his first time playing with an MVP level QB. The poetic irony of the comment is even if it were true, then he still hasn’t played with one.

The problem with the plan was he barely played with Mahomes. Instead, he was used sparingly, totaling 353 yards and 2 TDs as a reserve, and didn’t even play in the AFC Championship or Super Bowl.

Having three years of his prime wasted, the 29-year old RB is still an unsigned free agent with zero chance of getting a large contract offer from anyone.

Instead of blaming everyone else, it’s overdue that Bell should stop and think that maybe the old cop-out line used as justification in so many breakups is true in his case:

It’s not you, it’s me.”

Leave a comment below.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
He doesn't have to worry. KC's failure to even offer him a contract says he'll never have to play for Reid again. :LOL: Well, unless it's in something like a Pro Bowl.
- As if THAT guy has any more of those left in him. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SteveA

Reaction score
You freaking idiot…You LEFT the Steelers for other women…Really? you left the Steelers for who? And now life didn’t work out for ya…

Only person in the world right now who messed up worse is A-Rod. Really you leave J-Lo?

2 IDIOTS

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
LeVeon Bell......... You cjose to go where you went. You had better offers and as a young man you made your choices and so NOW you must live the consequenses of those choices. Instead of whining and burning bridges, how about you get to work and in shape and make it so someone wants you to play. If not then quietely start your Life's Work.

Salute the nation

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
Is he still rapping? lol.

Love his contributions while a Steeler, Now just feel sad for the dude, You reap what you sow or should.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
You freaking idiot…You LEFT the Steelers for other women…Really? you left the Steelers for who? And now life didn’t work out for ya…

Only person in the world right now who messed up worse is A-Rod. Really you leave J-Lo?

2 IDIOTS
from everything i've ever heard about her, "j-lo" is a self-absorbed diva cu.nt and a raging ***** to those who don't enjoy the wealth/celebrity status that she does. breaking up with her might end up being the best thing a-rod has ever had happen to him.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
andy reid be like. . .
4ee8964b48e29fcd45c2dadf00f1afb8.gif

madinsomniac

Reaction score
He should have signed the tender and played out that season then made his pitch for money no running back ever deserves.... more teams than the jets might have been stupid with him if he plays ball and has a typical season....

i liked the guy, but the Steelers should never have offered him that kind of money ... running backs fall of quick in that second contract...

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
He wants more time to focus on his rap career, lol

I’m an old white guy and I can spit rhyme better than that asshat, I’ve heard his “music” and to say it is worse than his decision making regarding his career moves is not an understatement.

please, please, please do everyone a favor and retire from rapping as well

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully Steelers fans have put to bed the desire to get the declining player back. The toxic twins have no place in Pittsburgh outside of some good individual performances. Yet that is what they were best at being individuals.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would also like to take this opportunity to say I will not play for Andy Reid. I guess I am retiring from my dream of playing in the nfl.

Andy could help you more than you think........................ Maybe he could loan yaz $5.00, could come in handY.......................

Hopefully Steelers fans have put to bed the desire to get the declining player back. The toxic twins have no place in Pittsburgh outside of some good individual performances. Yet that is what they were best at being individuals.

VERY well said, both were into the meMEme syndrone and showed it on the field of play.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Or listened to very bad advice.

He had that "agent" who wrote a book on something about todays "black man slave" and was in LeVeon's head at the time. Where is his agent know????

He was young and impressionable and went the wrong way.

If anyone remembers, his stepdad logged on here for a very brief (I caught only two short occasions) time (asked NOT to let anybody know his relationship to BELL, I know the small handful here kept his secret). He gave a few of us insight as to how his MOM urged him to take the STEELERS offer and he blew her off and went HIS way in terms of friends / agent / herbs.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would also like to take this opportunity to say I will not play for Andy Reid. I guess I am retiring from my dream of playing in the nfl.
You know what. I'm inspired by your conviction!

I will NEVER play for Bill Bellichick. And I don't care WHO sees it on social media! I said it. I ******' meant it.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
More seriously...
I read that article about Bell pissing and bitching about Reid and my first thought was... "He threw some shade at the Steelers for not giving him the offer he felt he deserved. Then he bitched about the Jets and Gase because they weren't letting him succeed and thrive. Now he's bitching about Reid because he said "something" to him. (Probably, "I'm not going to pay some fat sumbich who thinks film study is watching pizza hut commercials.")

Is it me, or is there a trend here?

kev4heels

Reaction score
He wants more time to focus on his rap career, lol

I’m an old white guy and I can spit rhyme better than that asshat, I’ve heard his “music” and to say it is worse than his decision making regarding his career moves is not an understatement.

please, please, please do everyone a favor and retire from rapping as well
absolutely golden post. thanks for laughs on a monday!

steelhurt

Reaction score
Good riddance ding a ling! That’s the only bell related to you. Another dumb *** athlete with a 10 cent brain who made horrible decisions.
We don’t want or need you so move off into football oblivion where you belong.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I've never had social media. Never will. If you are the kind of person who can keep it to bland nothing to see here. go for it. Bell's agent must watch a zero come off his cheque every time this loser posts.