• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Too bad about the loss to Ottawa, but not a bad game at all considering the guys they were resting. I didn't realize Zolnerchuck was as fast as he is......and Mighty Mouse Gibbons is really coming along nicely. Gotta love Tanner Glass dotting Neil's eye.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Geno returns tonight for Game 1! I'm stoked. "Keep calm, I'm score."

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Geno returns tonight for Game 1! I'm stoked. "Keep calm, I'm score."

It's a crap shoot with Shrek anymore. Never can tell which one of him will show up from game to game. One night he looks Like Gretzky out there the next night he's invisible. I'd count on the invisible Shrek and if the other one shows up then great.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this series. I know a lot of people think those warts the Pens have will magically disappear and the Pens will win every game by 3 or 4, but I think they will be disappointed. This series has upset written all over it. I hope the Pens used the two days off to rest and figure out how to get to their game. This series will not be easy for the Pens. I think they can win it handily, but they need to play a whole lot better than they have since the Olympic break. If not, this could be ugly.

Vader

Reaction score
They can win this series easily if they come together. Of course if they keep playing like they have they can lose in a sweep as well. I think they bow out next series. I just don't like what I see from this team. Sloppy teams don't generally win for long in the playoffs.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Keep the youngsters in the line up......while Gibbons hasn't scored a lot he needs to be accounted for and his speed gets attention....if it doesn't he's gone. What about Vitale and Goc.....they healthy yet? At least the D is finally.

If they lose to the CBJ's they deserve to be golfing and DD needs to take it on the arches......that lineup is made up of completely unrecognizable names except for Bobrovsky and two maybe three others.

Last edited:

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, here we go.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That was too close for comfort. Malkin played well. Bennett's hit was beautiful. Letang must be constipated. MAF had the jitters but recovered nicely. That dude needs a shrink on speed dial. I think Columbus played their ***** off while the Pens coasted. Should be a sweep. Yeah, I'm going there.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Columbus gave it their all and we seemed to be a little sloppy with the puck. if they are going to go after Crosby with the high hits we need to give it back some. I think that was the worst game I have seen Latang ever play. way to come back Pens, I'll see you in Pittsburgh Saturday.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Danny B making the line changes was a big difference along with the way we got into the zone. I think/hope Letang and his brain farts are done! Scuderi was not much better. Adams thou not much of a scoring threat is a pain in the *** on the PK. I see us in 5.

Lines should be: Kunitz (still a bit rusty) Sid and Gibbons (he earned it and the post killed him)
Jossi - Malkin - Neal (best line last night)
Bennett - Sutter - Stemy (should be a great 3rd)
Adams - Vitale - Glass (might not score but will hit and annoy)

Lmob0621

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if that was Columbus shooting their load Game one or if they are in this fight for the long haul... they played well... Pittsburgh just did enough to win.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Last night's officials should never get another game, let alone a PO game. ******* horrible. Always has bugged the **** out of me that players have to adjust their game to the way the refs decide to call it that particular night...... And the Bennett, Sutter line was the better last night, imo....all due respect to SteelerinMd.

Silent

Reaction score
Why all the hate for Letang? Is it the injuries? I know he hasn't played a whole season since 2010, but he puts up some good number for a defenceman. He's a big hitter. made the all-star game in 2011 and 2012. Plus he is only 26 and we have him locked up for the next 7 years. I don't understand the hate. Someone tell me why....

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Why all the hate for Letang? Is it the injuries? I know he hasn't played a whole season since 2010, but he puts up some good number for a defenceman. He's a big hitter. made the all-star game in 2011 and 2012. Plus he is only 26 and we have him locked up for the next 7 years. I don't understand the hate. Someone tell me why....

Remember the Bruins playoff series last year? Turnover machine. I wanted him gone last season. He's way too careless in his own end which is compounded in the playoffs.

Steel G

Reaction score

Turns it over way too much, gets sloppy on power plays and gives up odd man rushes, tries to make the impossible pass too often when playing it simple would be best and he takes stupid, brain dead penalties. Pretty much all of those issues were on display last night.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score

Can't really add much more to what has already been said other than they overpaid for him too. Yeah, he puts up some big numbers, but he's a defenseman. Defense should be his first priority. If they want him out there scoring, make him a winger.

Vader

Reaction score
They look like I thought they would. Sloppy on defense, sloppy passes, and sloppy penalties. They should still win this series but after that they will be done.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Can't really add much more to what has already been said other than they overpaid for him too. Yeah, he puts up some big numbers, but he's a defenseman. Defense should be his first priority. If they want him out there scoring, make him a winger.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.......Been saying this for a while now. He's talented, just not talented enough (few are) to play both ways equally well. He needs to focus on being one or the other and he needs self discipline.....selfish penalties kill this team.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
They look like I thought they would. Sloppy on defense, sloppy passes, and sloppy penalties. They should still win this series but after that they will be done.

Also true and it's been this way for way too long......this is another issue I've had with this team for a while now. There is no leadership to instill and enforce self discipline and motivation, either on or behind the bench.

Silent

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the replies. I don't get to see the Pens play very often...so I go by ESPN and other news outlets for info. Didn't know he was a turnover machine... hopefully that can be corrected.