• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lacy debating trying to get lighter....

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
well, not much lighter....

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...-hair-cut-after-getting-tackled-by-dreadlocks

RB Eddie Lacy 'debating' haircut after getting tackled by dreadlocks
7:24 PM CT

Rob DemovskyESPN Staff Writer

Eddie Lacy is thinking about cutting his hair after San Francisco 49ers linebacker Gerald Hodges pulled him down from behind by the dreadlocks on Friday.

The Green Bay Packers running back told the Green Bay Press Gazette after the game that it was painful and that he might cut his hair because of it.

"I’m debating after that," Lacy told the newspaper. "I don’t know how many more of those I’d like to experience. We’re in camp. So I’ve got to wait until I get out of camp, and then I’ll assess it.”

It happened on Lacy’s longest run of the game -- a 21-yard gain down the right sideline. He might have gone even farther had Hodges not been able to pull him down from behind. In real time, it looked as though Hodges might have used a horse-collar tackle -- which would have been illegal -- to bring down Lacy. But replays showed he had him by the hair.

“It definitely hurts,” said Lacy, who remained in the game after the play.

While the horse-collar tackle would draw a penalty, hair is fair game. Last year, Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams got dragged down by the hair against the Baltimore Ravens and said after the game that he had no problem with it.

Although painful, Lacy said it’s not his hair he’s worried about.

“For my legs,” Lacy said. “They’re important. Because that’s how most guys hurt their knees, because you get pulled from the back, which is why the horse-collar rule thing [exists]. So luckily that didn’t happen.”

As far as a new hairstyle, Lacy made it clear in a tweet Saturday that he's not planning any drastic changes.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I was watching a CFL game last night. Dude grabbed another guys jersey and it ripped/unraveled. He was about 7 yards ahead of the tackler who was holding all this string.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought long hair on grown men looked ridiculous. Some can pull it off, but few.

Polamalu had it for his heritage / culture. (respectable)

But I remember a few times he was dragged down by it.

Couldn't have been pleasant.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I always thought long hair on grown men looked ridiculous. Some can pull it off, but few.

Polamalu had it for his heritage / culture. (respectable)

But I remember a few times he was dragged down by it.

Couldn't have been pleasant.

Funny+people+pics+fat+guy.jpg

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Watch any lord of the rings movie or Wayne's world lol. I grow my hair out to an extent but not that long. Think something like.....Matt Cullen long

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Lacy lost some of the "ballast" would it make as much a difference as it did for Bell? All through it would help him to a degree, it wouldn't be as much as it did for Bell. Lacy just doesn't have the tangables as Bell. So in retrospect, cut your hair and get a real JOB !!!!

Salute the nation