• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kudos to the O'line

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Najee made some huge blocks in the passing game too, he really is an every down back. You know he needs some rest, and even tho Snell had some good runs today, I know I'm not the only one that groans when Najee isn't in lol

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yep. I hope people saw that if Ben gets time to throw he’s still a very good QB. I know 10 years ago he created his own time but his legs can’t do that anymore. Lets hope this is the start of something with them. Lets go out at least competitive for Roethlisberger.

NYSteel

Reaction score
I was texting my brother during the game.... LeGlue made a big difference. He was a major improvement both in the run and pass blocking.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was texting my brother during the game.... LeGlue made a big difference. He was a major improvement both in the run and pass blocking.
He had a good push out there as did Dan. He made a case to la glue his way onto the starting roster for the immediate future.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When there is a threat of run it makes the OL's job a H-E-L-L of a lot easier. We had balt on their heals a couple different ties in the game.

We had a way more balanced attach and why can't we continue to do this in future games. Comitteent to the run, we have road grader rookies and that can ease their transition into the nfl.

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I looked LeGlue up like everyone else I think. He is listed as an OT. Hmmmm.... Was he around during camp? If not, he better still be on the roster come our next camp as he deserves at least a shot at one of our top backups.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I looked LeGlue up like everyone else I think. He is listed as an OT. Hmmmm.... Was he around during camp? If not, he better still be on the roster come our next camp as he deserves at least a shot at one of our top backups.
Yes he was, they kept haeg as a more experienced player at both G and T

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
77 makes Haeg expendable dont even bother dressing him on game day, with a short weak lets see if Dotson is activated and if Banner is a extra OL cause the Vikinks DL sucks, if not start 77 at LG

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I felt the Rats were beatable. They aren't a well-rounded O. The Vikings have both a good running game and passing game. I have no idea how our D will slow them down especially assuming there is no way Haden is back in a couple days since he hasn't practiced in 3 weeks.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
i've been awfully critical of our over-stuffed Oompa Loompa at Center... and I don't believe I'm 100% incorrect. But, maybe even Green was trying to cover for the lack of ability in our LG ... until LeGlue.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
i've been awfully critical of our over-stuffed Oompa Loompa at Center... and I don't believe I'm 100% incorrect. But, maybe even Green was trying to cover for the lack of ability in our LG ... until LeGlue.
Can't exclude that possibility along with growing pains. I know some are down on the kid but I think he ends up being a solid C. He likes to work out per some pre-draft footage so I see him putting in the steps in the off-season to improve. It really was a tall task to convert from a college G on a revamped Oline and come in and start from the getgo. I think fans tend to be rookie impatient. I think we all can get frustrated if they don't come on as quickly as we like. But he has some intangibles that I think will carry over to a decent career. Athletic ability and want to.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I felt the Rats were beatable. They aren't a well-rounded O.

But they have a pretty good defense, with a stout DL. That was what was surprisingly impressive.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
But they have a pretty good defense, with a stout DL. That was what was surprisingly impressive.
They have a lot of money tied up into that DL and its play shows they made the right choices. That team can run and stop the run. What surprises me is Cleveland's struggles. I thought they turned the corner.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

He was signed off (can't remeber who's) someones practice squad about a week or two ago.

I know,..... I know........ fun filled factual post that doesn't have anything to back it up

Salute the nation

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't able to find much, looked like he started off in Denver, then green bay, but had never been in on a snap prior to this game.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What surprises me is Cleveland's struggles. I thought they turned the corner.
While they have really invested in the line and of course they have some horses at RB, I think Manziel, er... Mayfield's play is too erratic and spotty to force defenses to play honest. They can key the run game and not have to worry too much about Mayfield making them pay. Sure, he'll make some throws, but he isn't going to win the game. Contain the run game and you can control the Browns.

Mayfield is ok, just not great.