• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kelvin Benjamin was not used properly, he would look good in black and gold

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
We have a huge gaping hole at RB so we should go grab a slow washed up WR? LMAO

Needs at both positions. They don't have to grab Benjamin but trying out a few WRs they should....

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
He was cut because he's a lazy piece of ****.

A few weeks ago on one of the pregame shows, they checked in with the sideline reporter. Rookie QB Josh Allen was hurt, Nate Peterman was benched and Derek Anderson was starting after being out of the league for a year.

The reporter said Anderson went up to Benjamin during warm ups and asked if he wanted to run some routes with him. Benjamin just said No and walked away.

They should have cut his *** right there on the field and mailed him his stuff.

Ouch. The more I read now on Benjamin's attitude, pass.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I know this thread is about Benjamin, but had to share this quote from Gruden on AB:

Michael Gehlken
@GehlkenNFL

Jon Gruden called WR Antonio Brown “the hardest working man, I think, in football. Hardest working player I’ve ever seen practice. I’ve seen Jerry Rice, I’ve seen a lot of good ones, but I put (him) at the top. If there are any young wideouts out there, I’d go watch him practice”

Love to hear things like that.

awboatguy

Reaction score
If we are going to make a move it needs to be at RB or DB that can make us better going through the remainder of the season.

However, this NOT what the Steelers do and we are working ourselves up “wishing” for them to make an aggressive move. Just not what they do. Win with what we got is the attitude at Steelers HQ.

We also need aggressive coaching and a willingness to deviate and adjust the game plan as the game progresses. Would love to see that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Sign him. Tell him the ball is a Bojangles biscuit and I bet he never drops a pass.

He’s too stupid to realize the difference.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Booger McFarlande said he was a "Bojangle biscuit away from being a TE". Why was he released?

IIRC Kelvin has always been on the 'husky' side - all the way back to his days at Florida St. I didn't see him as a WR then and thought he'd matriculate to a TE in the NFL - but WR he is...I'd definitely make the call seeing as we're in need.

With JC down - I really am more angry at Lev Bell lately - hence my absence daily...

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
He was significantly “less” husky when CAR drafted him Berm. I’ve got a friend who is a big time Panthers fan. When after KB got injured the first time, they lost one game the rest of the regular season. Since he came back he didn’t have the attitude or commitment. CAR fan base wanted him gone asap after Funchess broke out.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Spike

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin visiting Chiefs

Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin went unclaimed on waivers after being cut by the Bills on Tuesday, so he’s now looking for a landing spot as a free agent.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Benjamin is visiting with the Chiefs on Thursday. Sammy Watkins has missed time recently with a foot injury so they may be looking for some insurance in the event that he has further trouble.

There hasn’t been word of any other visits on the schedule for Benjamin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/kelvin-benjamin-visiting-chiefs/

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Gazillion dollars in cap savings but we won’t even call this dude in... but if some scrub bum we liked in the draft two years ago gets dropped we will be all over that like a dog on table scraps...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin visiting Chiefs

Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin went unclaimed on waivers after being cut by the Bills on Tuesday, so he’s now looking for a landing spot as a free agent.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Benjamin is visiting with the Chiefs on Thursday. Sammy Watkins has missed time recently with a foot injury so they may be looking for some insurance in the event that he has further trouble.

There hasn’t been word of any other visits on the schedule for Benjamin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/kelvin-benjamin-visiting-chiefs/

**** me. The rich get richer...

Spike

Reaction score
**** me. The rich get richer...

He's just visiting, they didn't sign him...I bet he just went there for the ribs, lol

Wouldn't surprise me if he's turned away tomorrow, a fat slow WR that can't jump or catch....that all the teams already passed on waivers

only on SN would he be the next messiah

DtvrFzTW0AAZE00.jpg

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
He's just visiting, they didn't sign him...I bet he just went there for the ribs, lol

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
35m35 minutes ago
More
Former Bills’ WR Kelvin Benjamin is signing with the Kansas City Chiefs, per source. Another weapon for stretch run.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
And there you have it...we got stuck in neutral...

I saw a lot of negative talk about Benjamin, yet I still think the Steelers should've made a move. They were down to three receivers on Sunday and Benjamin has at least accomplished something in his career. If it doesn't work out, move on from him. Apparently the top team in the AFC thought enough of him to bring him in.

Steelers12

Banned
Reaction score
Well, ..the Steelers do have Washington, Eli, and Hey Bey......so......

The stupidity of keeping DHB all these years when he can't catch a cold and our special teams suck even with his alleged great special team play is baffling.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a lot of negative talk about Benjamin, yet I still think the Steelers should've made a move. They were down to three receivers on Sunday and Benjamin has at least accomplished something in his career. If it doesn't work out, move on from him. Apparently the top team in the AFC thought enough of him to bring him in.

Accomplished something? What?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but he was better than any option on our roster at the Z, and better than anything available. We'll see KC enjoy watching him work hard, with a good QB, a great offensive system, and his motor way up to ball with the big boys.

Should have claimed him off waivers...