• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just watched the 2010 AFC Championship Game, Steelers 24 - Jets 19

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Emergence of Antonio Brown.

2:43 or so on the clock, give or take, Jets out of time outs, 3rd and 6, Jets had come back from being down 24-0.

Ben rolls right, hits Antonio for about an 8 yard throw, Antonio has to go down to the ground catching it but gets up and gets another 4 yards or so.

Seals the game and causes Rex to throw the headset.

Great Game, back when Ben had wheels. And for the record, Mendy was a frickin BEAST in that game.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Mendenhall could've been a great talent. His heart wasn't into football. That was probably the last good season where football was football. Not all these watered down rules, constant negative media coverage like today. If you can stomach SB45. Mendy was having a great game there as well

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I seem to recall AB making a great play vs the Ravens as well, pre-stardom

steelbush

Reaction score
Too bad we didnt realize the talent he had earlier....maybe we win that Superbowl. Hines, Randel El, Wallace, AB, Emmanuel Sanders, were all on the roster.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Mendenhall could've been a great talent. His heart wasn't into football. That was probably the last good season where football was football. Not all these watered down rules, constant negative media coverage like today. If you can stomach SB45. Mendy was having a great game there as well

He was never used properly...(how could you not see this coming from me)

Reactions: MTC

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly believe if Mendy doesn't fumble that ball in the Packer's SB, we win that game. Hard to blame him. He's crushed almost the moment he gets the ball, but The Steelers had come back from a HUGE deficit, you could see the Packers were just beat to **** from a momentum point of view.

That play was ridiculously crucial.

Still a great game though.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Coldest ******* game I've ever been to. Was 2 ******* degrees that night. Great party at Heinz and the after party with Lexx, I think Buster and Lexx's boy. We got to tailgate with Dom and crew before the game too. Shame Mendenhall fumbled it away in the big game.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Coldest ******* game I've ever been to. Was 2 ******* degrees that night. Great party at Heinz and the after party with Lexx, I think Buster and Lexx's boy. We got to tailgate with Dom and crew before the game too. Shame Mendenhall fumbled it away in the big game.

I was there too. First half not so bad. Second half, couldn't feel my feet.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I was there too. First half not so bad. Second half, couldn't feel my feet.

Had a water bottle in my jacket pocket, damn water froze solid. Never had that happen before. And yeah the feet went numb in the 2nd half. Mostly because we didn't have **** to cheer for until we stopped LT on 4th and goal in the closed end zone.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I honestly believe if Mendy doesn't fumble that ball in the Packer's SB, we win that game. Hard to blame him. He's crushed almost the moment he gets the ball, but The Steelers had come back from a HUGE deficit, you could see the Packers were just beat to **** from a momentum point of view.

That was the key play. Mendy looses the ball. But our DB's were very bad in that game too.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
The Emergence of Antonio Brown.

2:43 or so on the clock, give or take, Jets out of time outs, 3rd and 6, Jets had come back from being down 24-0.

Ben rolls right, hits Antonio for about an 8 yard throw, Antonio has to go down to the ground catching it but gets up and gets another 4 yards or so.

Seals the game and causes Rex to throw the headset.

Great Game, back when Ben had wheels. And for the record, Mendy was a frickin BEAST in that game.

You're just watching it now? What kind of fan are you?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seen it many times...

Saw it was posted on the YouTube, took some time to watch it, the come-back on the Ravens and a win against the Pats.

Easy there cowboy.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
That was the key play. Mendy looses the ball. But our DB's were very bad in that game too.

Yeah Troy was pretty hurt and really blew. He shouldn't of been playing or they should've been giving him more help out there.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, and Wiff runs right by the guy. He makes that block, there is probably no fumble. One guy I'm NOT glad to see back in black n gold.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, and Wiff runs right by the guy. He makes that block, there is probably no fumble. One guy I'm NOT glad to see back in black n gold.

Johnson was bad lol. Damn that was a good game though. In all honesty that loss didn't hurt as much as some of the playoff losses. Idk, I was proud of all the Steelers did in 2010. Mendenhall was finally clicking into gear during the season, the defensive rule changes cause Harrison was just a brute that season. Ben coming back mature. So no complaints from me other than Mendenhall really could've been something to watch. I hope Bell gets his act together soon

Steelerfreak

Reaction score

I may be wrong, and I will take your or anyone elses word for it, because I will not rewatch that game, but my memory (as selective as it may be) Rodgers put the ball in some incredibly small windows. I just remember Rodgers palying damn near perfect, I dont remember complaining about poor coverage. Again, I could be wrong and will take anyones word on it, because I will not watch again.