• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnny Football, The press is calling on a stack of $100 dollar bills...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
the thing bout Johnny ******** is he cant keep out of controversy... that's something a team puts up with if you show promise or production, but the second the feeling about you drifts to mediocrity, you get cut. Manning had a bad first season but took a huge leap forward and was always showing improvement. He also was fairly baggage free.

If he doesn't have a much better game by season's end he is going to start next season on a leash that will get shorter through the season. Cleveland hasn't been a patient franchise of late... he is just going to be another name on the wall of shame that is the list of Browns starting QB's

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Eli Manning was horrid his first year... While I do not think he is great i would put him in the second tier of qbs. As for johnny i still don't see much hope for him. He is not as accurate and his speed is negated in the nfl, but we will see what happens

Wingman

Reaction score
He did not seem to have much help either. He was also playing against a defense that knew how to play against him and his team and was highly motivated. Marvin had his guys well prepared for that game and they are desperate. There are two games left and the Steelers are 1/2 a game behind a loss and a win for us puts them down 1/2 a game with a chance for the steelers to get out of reach. Also a loss to the browns really hurts in some tie breakers.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
In a draft with Eli, Ben and Rivers, they took Kellen Winslow.

in a draft with Luck and RG3, they traded up for Trent Richardson
[Kellen Winslow]
Who never saw his first camp as a Brown because he crashed a crotch rocket in a parking lot and demolished his leg. His father must have been extremely proud?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
How do the Browns NOT get somebody like Luck? I mean eventually?

Tim Couch over Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper.
Courtney Brown over LaVarr Arrington (I know not a QB, but shows the decision making)
Gerrard Warren over LaDanian Tomlinson, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud (again decision making)
William Green in the first round (2002)
Jeff Faine when McGahee, Dallas Clark, and Larry Johnson still on the board
Kellen Winslow over Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, etc. That draft was LOADED with talent.
Braylon Edwards over DeMarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Aaron Rogers, Roddy White... Let that sink in, they took BRAYLON EDWARDS over AARON ROGERS!!!
Kamerion Wimbley over Antonio Cromartie, Jonathan Joseph, Nick Mangold
Joe Thomas in 2007 might be their only smart pick in the last 15 years
2008 they didn't make a pick until the fourth round.
Alex Mack wasn't a horrible choice, not much else on the board for them or anyone.... bad draft all around.
Joe Haden. Solid player, but there was Jason Pierre-Paul, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant on the board as well.
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson (and they traded UP for him) with Ryan Tannehill, Luke Kuechly on the board in the first, and in the second round took Mitchell Schwartz over Cordy Glenn, Alshon Jeffery, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson

The 13-14 drafts are too early to judge for them, but you can question their decision to trade back into the first for Johnny when he was clearly falling out of the first round all together. Their last five drafts have been much better, but if our last 15 drafts looked like theirs, this place would explode. Just look at the threads we currently have with our 2008-09 drafts coming up constantly. Fact is, their scouting dept is not that good, their FO made questionable decisions, ESPECIALLY in the first round. They have invested heavily in the secondary as of late, and their DL is solid, they have quality WR's... but still no QB.

Even their FA signings for QB's make you scratch your head.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So they expected Manziel to grown 5 inches, become disciplined like Brees, morph into pocket passer like Rodgers, prepare like the elder Manning?

I expected him to broken and out of the NFL in 4 years.

In the browns defense, some Kids out of college haven't finished growing yet. Might be banking on that aspect of human developement.........

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Johnny's problem is between his ears. He has no work ethic, he tries to rely on talent alone, and he loves the look at me party lifestyle.

He's Ryan Leaf 2.0

I will be surprised if he amounts to anything.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not even the physical skills that he lacks. When he does throw downfield, he gets a lot of velocity and it's very accurate. The problem with him is that the game is too fast for him, he panics after one read, has no pocket awareness or presence, and doesn't appear to be willing to put the time in to accelerate the process of slowing the game down.

I think he definitely has the ability, but is the will there?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Although I never saw a single episode, somehow Manziel makes me think of the program "Jersey Shore". Who is "The Situation"? How does he relate to Manziel?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Although I never saw a single episode, somehow Manziel makes me think of the program "Jersey Shore". Who is "The Situation"? How does he relate to Manziel?
Probably about as bright but with more muscles.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tim Couch over Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper.
Courtney Brown over LaVarr Arrington (I know not a QB, but shows the decision making)
Gerrard Warren over LaDanian Tomlinson, Richard Seymore, Marcus Stroud (again decision making)
William Green in the first round (2002)
Jeff Faine when McGahee, Dallas Clark, and Larry Johnson still on the board
Kellen Winslow over Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Wilfork, Steven Jackson, etc. That draft was LOADED with talent.
Braylon Edwards over DeMarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Aaron Rogers, Roddy White... Let that sink in, they took BRAYLON EDWARDS over AARON ROGERS!!!
Kamerion Wimbley over Antonio Cromartie, Jonathan Joseph, Nick Mangold
Joe Thomas in 2007 might be their only smart pick in the last 15 years
2008 they didn't make a pick until the fourth round.
Alex Mack wasn't a horrible choice, not much else on the board for them or anyone.... bad draft all around.
Joe Haden. Solid player, but there was Jason Pierre-Paul, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant on the board as well.
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson (and they traded UP for him) with Ryan Tannehill, Luke Kuechly on the board in the first, and in the second round took Mitchell Schwartz over Cordy Glenn, Alshon Jeffery, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson

The 13-14 drafts are too early to judge for them, but you can question their decision to trade back into the first for Johnny when he was clearly falling out of the first round all together. Their last five drafts have been much better, but if our last 15 drafts looked like theirs, this place would explode. Just look at the threads we currently have with our 2008-09 drafts coming up constantly. Fact is, their scouting dept is not that good, their FO made questionable decisions, ESPECIALLY in the first round. They have invested heavily in the secondary as of late, and their DL is solid, they have quality WR's... but still no QB.

Even their FA signings for QB's make you scratch your head.
so what you're saying is the Browns could have had Steven Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Cromartie, Dez Bryant and Luke Kuechly?

I love the Browns.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not even the physical skills that he lacks. When he does throw downfield, he gets a lot of velocity and it's very accurate. The problem with him is that the game is too fast for him, he panics after one read, has no pocket awareness or presence, and doesn't appear to be willing to put the time in to accelerate the process of slowing the game down.

I think he definitely has the ability, but is the will there?

Vince Young v2.0. Only shorter.

Spike

Reaction score
His QBR Sunday was 1.0

ha ha!

B46VNLlIAAAOhhE_zpsa96f268a.jpg

I'm definitely rolling the Carolina D this week

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Memo to browns... College stats are not relative in the NFL... Draft better talent, not bigger names....

Wingman

Reaction score
I can think of two good things that came from the Cleveland Browns and another that came from Cleveland and had a positive impact of the steelers.

Wingman

Reaction score
John Arthur Banaszak lived in Cleveland Ohio, Chuck Noll played for the Browns when the won a championship, Bill Cowher played and coached for the Browns. So there are some good thinks to come from Cleveland and from the Browns.

Stewey

Reaction score
John Arthur Banaszak lived in Cleveland Ohio, Chuck Noll played for the Browns when the won a championship, Bill Cowher played and coached for the Browns. So there are some good thinks to come from Cleveland and from the Browns.

The next best thing next to come from Cleveland after Noll is the best logo in the NFL.... came from Republic Steel of Cleveland.

Bill Cowher doesn't count. He's born and raised a Pittsburgh kid.

Funny how the best thing to come out of Pittsburgh for Cleveland was Marty Shottenheimer...his tenure as the browns head coach was the last time the browns were any good.

Last edited: