• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

John Clayton next?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
They extended Lee Corso the same day. They must be figuring out who is liked and disliked and dumping who is deemed not likeable. Or they are just going through voting records and firing the Trump voters. I don't care the only time I watch ESPN is when the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, or Penn State play. And then I watch with the mute on so I don't have to hear their stupidity. Kind of like how I watch Sunday Night Football.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a shame. Maybe their most reputable reporter.

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
IMO, Clayton is their top NFL guy in terms of reporters. It'll be real sad if they get rid of him.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I always liked Clayton's football insight when I watched ESPN. Then again, I haven't watched ESPN for news in 15 years...

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
unless you're loud, brash and speak with your hands, they dont want you there.

gotta be brash

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Chicken-Little_qlvg40.jpg

9john-clayton.jpg

76steelers

Reaction score
They extended Lee Corso the same day. They must be figuring out who is liked and disliked and dumping who is deemed not likeable. Or they are just going through voting records and firing the Trump voters. I don't care the only time I watch ESPN is when the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, or Penn State play. And then I watch with the mute on so I don't have to hear their stupidity. Kind of like how I watch Sunday Night Football.
Amen brother

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
unless you're loud, brash and speak with your hands, they dont want you there.

gotta be brash

:goodluck::yield::rockon::cheer2:

**** yEs

Hit the nail hard Superman, you know the ****. espn is so far off track its like they think they can tell us whatever **** they want and we will believe them.
Oh and once in awhile throw in a score or two...........................

Salute the nation

Last edited:

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
They are getting political when people want sports news and game highlights. With all alternative sources for that now of course their ratings are down. If ESPN wants to talk about Black Lives Matter I'll change to FSN or get my scores online.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps ESPN doesn't work because they fail to promote great sport like Ice Hockey and instead try to force the ******* English Premier League down our throats...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Perhaps ESPN doesn't work because they fail to promote great sport like Ice Hockey and instead try to force the ******* English Premier League down our throats...

To be fair, the EPL gets higher ratings than the NHL.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

The NHL's biggest problem is the sport is very expensive for kids to play. For Soccer, all you need is four cones and shoes.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
That is fair, but it is unfair that ESPN is creating a ratings Gap because the NHL chose to stop playing on their Network. Then they continue to boycott NHL coverage because of their hurt from the NHL pulling its money from them.

Now we have to watch teams​ from another country play soccer. And they wonder why their network is failing...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
That is fair, but it is unfair that ESPN is creating a ratings Gap because the NHL chose to stop playing on their Network. Then they continue to boycott NHL coverage because of their hurt from the NHL pulling its money from them.

Now we have to watch teams​ from another country play soccer. And they wonder why their network is failing...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

******* right. Turn on MNM after that great win....let's talk about basketball that's not going to play for two days instead of covering NHL finals. 30 min into show they give NHL 5 min.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
******* right. Turn on MNM after that great win....let's talk about basketball that's not going to play for two days instead of covering NHL finals. 30 min into show they give NHL 5 min.

I don't disagree, but they have a ton of money invested with the NBA, NFL, college football/basketball and baseball and none with the NHL. It's lame they don't even treat it as a sport, but it's the reality after letting go of the top two hockey writers and having a third leave.