• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jim Harbaugh Perfect TO Usage Example

Troglodyte

Reaction score
He ****** up. Didn't use any of his 3 TOs when it was clear FSU was in scoring range and is left with :36 to (luckily) need a FG to win. Not enough time to effectively use them all. Could have had 1:36 left.

Ended the game with 2 TOs left. Check that, like a *****, uses them while FSU is taking a knee.

Last edited:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Congrats FSU! That was a fun game to watch.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I was surprised Michigan did not use any timeouts. Having said that, it was a fun game to watch.

I got the impression that Jimbo Fisher thinks the players sitting out bowl games are a basket of ***** *** *******.

That one FSU player's reaction to the guy running out that last kick was hilarious.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
**** any Harbaugh ... and **** "Missedagain" (my apologies to any Steelers fans who are also fans of ttun. **** all of "Missedagain" except ya'll)

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Completely different game than the NFL. Having 36 seconds and a couple of time outs in college is an eternity and plenty of time to get into field goal range. Having a terrible quarterback trying to lead the drive, however, is what did them in.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Completely different game than the NFL. Having 36 seconds and a couple of time outs in college is an eternity and plenty of time to get into field goal range. Having a terrible quarterback trying to lead the drive, however, is what did them in.

He isn't terrible. He just is hurt still. It was quite apparent he isn't able to throw down field.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
He isn't terrible. He just is hurt still. It was quite apparent he isn't able to throw down field.

Definitely still hurt ... and you kind of have to respect his making the effort to play both the game against tOSU and this bowl game while hurt. Pretty darned unselfish. Broken collarbone is a tough injury for anyone to come back from, let alone a QB. (and that is the first and last nice thing you'll ever see me write about one of them .. lol).

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Let me clarify, he was terrible tonight. I like Michigan, but Speight is overhyped because of his size, school and coach.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
On the flip side, has Harbaugh had his post-game news conference yet. I'm waiting for the next "Crying Jordan" moment where he blames the loss on the refs again.

steelermania

Reaction score

Having a minute and a half with no timeouts is better. Pretty much all coaches are clueless when it comes to using timeouts. It's so widespread that you just have to figure it's tough when the coach is trying to do 1,000 things at once.

SteveA

Reaction score
Has NOTHING to do with you being wrong about the Steeler Ravens game and Tomlin keeping his TO's and having the game won with 9 seconds left...........The facts are he executed perfectly by not using them a play early as you wanted him to.....

Nice try........................................

Last edited:

Troglodyte

Reaction score

No. With :36 left and 3 TOs, you probably have time for about 5 plays. With 1:36 and no TOs, you have time for about twice as many plays, not including spiking the ball.

Which one do you pick?

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Has NOTHING to do with you being wrong about the Steeler Ravens game and Tomlin keeping his TO's and having the game won with 9 seconds left...........The facts are he executed perfectly by not using them a play early as you wanted him to.....

Tomlin didn't execute any better than the defense did by letting Jusczyk score.

ark steel

Reaction score
Thou shalt not criticize Harbaughs.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I called that **** before it happened last night. I'm watching the game and it's over. 30 something seconds left and FSU has a 1st and 10. It's kneel down time so FSU sets up in the victory formation. I looked at my wife and said, "I guarantee that ******* douchebag Harbaugh calls a time out here. Boom. Then he has the gall to call a 2nd TO after that which was even better. There is no bigger *******, piece of **** in sports. I personally think he did it for no other reason than to try and incite some type of mayhem on the field because he was pissed off that he lost, ********.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I wonder if his Woody Hayes baseball cap and retro eyeglasses look is an attempt to piss off OSU fans.

steelermania

Reaction score
No. With :36 left and 3 TOs, you probably have time for about 5 plays. With 1:36 and no TOs, you have time for about twice as many plays, not including spiking the ball.

Which one do you pick?

This is especially true in college ball, where first downs stop the clock.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved the Forrest Gump Kick Off return.........