• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jaguars decline option on Beachum

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...eachum/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd welcome him back.

Chances the Steelers give him a 2nd stint in the black & gold?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No where for him to play. Plus he will get a big payday from someone.

My sentiments exactly. He'd make a GREAT utility OL man (which would be his stregnth), but he would be way to costly to obtain just for that role. Good luck to him as I liked him while he was here.

Salute the nation

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
They overpaid him for last year coming off the injury he just was not that good..he either re ups with them at a better rate or someone else pays his asking price..don't see this as a bad move at all by the Jags

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly. He'd make a GREAT utility OL man (which would be his stregnth), but he would be way to costly to obtain just for that role. Good luck to him as I liked him while he was here.

Salute the nation

This is what I was thinking. He'd make great depth. Knows most of the guys

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I would say he would get better pay somewhere else because he may not start here. Having his option declined by the Jags doesn't exactly put you in the driver seat for a big payday.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This would be a good opportunity to point out after a slow start, Alejandro Villanueva had a very nice season at left tackle.

Agreed. However, Beachum is a good player, and having him available to back-up both tackle positions, with Finney backing up the guard position? That would be pretty awesome.

Though the Steelers do have Hawkins due back from the injury list, right? They may be already set on the offensive line.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think he was a very versatile solid player. However I feel that he was highly overrated as a tackle here. If he wants to come back it would have to be at a discount.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
To sum up, he won't look good in black & gold, but he will sign for vet minimum (forcibly). But was he used properly? :witless:

He would look good in...oh wait, nevermind.

muncher

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. However, Beachum is a good player, and having him available to back-up both tackle positions, with Finney backing up the guard position? That would be pretty awesome.

Though the Steelers do have Hawkins due back from the injury list, right? They may be already set on the offensive line.

lets not forget about the quality play we got out of last years FA pick up.....ryan harris

bmoritz

Reaction score
He's much better than Ryan Harris. Harris should be cut. If Beachum would be willing to be the primary backup, and sign for close to Harris money, I'd be all for it.

Spike

Reaction score
Hometown discount as a back-up, if he wants to sit on the bench for peanuts, we'll take him.

Good luck with that.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
can he rush the qb?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
truthfully T is my last priority

I am more worried about the Steelers not bringing in a pass rusher or a CB in free agency.

And if they want to stray to other positions, let it be S or WR or QB, pretty much every other position.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
truthfully T is my last priority

I am more worried about the Steelers not bringing in a pass rusher or a CB in free agency.

And if they want to stray to other positions, let it be S or WR or QB, pretty much every other position.

Yeap, especially when you can keep Hubbard for peanuts when he showed he can handle spot duty at RT and rookie Hawkins in the wings

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don't see us being a player in signing him. We have to sign the Ranger first and if we want a swing tackle lock up Hubbard. I would be more interested in Odrick for a swing DL guy. He is 29 and already had his payday as the Jags over spent on him big time. I doubt he comes here for what we can offer but to spell Tuitt and Heyward this would be nice to have a guy like this to come off the bench. Again, very slim chance he would come here unless winning a bowl was his last goal in the NFL.

milkman dan

Reaction score
He can make better money and start somewhere else. We have Harris, Hawkins, and Hubbard as depth.