• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jack Lambert

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dang near draws a tear from me every time I listen to it. Those players were great men and football players.

Those days were the best there ever will be when it comes to football. Today’s football version is crap.!!!!

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
LOl I watched it about a month ago. Loved him then, love him know. I was #58 in High School and 1 year in College because of him.

CJKSoCal

Reaction score
I just finished rereading Jack Lambert's HoF speech. Each time I am reminded how great JL was and is. Those were great times to be a Steelers fan.
The 70s were a great time for NFL and college football. I was stationed in Hawaii (Navy) when live satellite NFL games just started to be broadcast locally - watched quite a few Steelers games. The games came on at 7:00 am. I would get up around 5 am, fix breakfast, and settle in for some football with my six year old son. I explained Steelers football to him and he became an instant Steelers fan - avid ever since. Two back to back games and all finished by 11 am - then head for the beach.

diver

Reaction score
The only jersey I have ever bought has been a Jack Lambert jersey. He became my favorite player when he threw Cliff Harris on his @ss.

I read the book that was written on Lambert. I loved him as a player, but I'm not so sure I'd wanna hang around him too much. Sounds like he can be an ornery guy at times.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only jersey I have ever bought has been a Jack Lambert jersey. He became my favorite player when he threw Cliff Harris on his @ss.

I read the book that was written on Lambert. I loved him as a player, but I'm not so sure I'd wanna hang around him too much. Sounds like he can be an ornery guy at times.

I have the game one, LOVE it and it’s undefeated each time I have worn it.

Maybe I need to break it out on this up coming back into the playoffs only to get blown out game…………

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The NFL is what it is today$$$$ because of that 70's era.

Here we are decades later and that time was just burned into me as a kid growing up in Western PA.

I've come to terms that I'll never see the team get close to that level again.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished rereading Jack Lambert's HoF speech. Each time I am reminded how great JL was and is. Those were great times to be a Steelers fan.
Yes… that was awesome and the place erupted!

I was there as well as a few others for our Men of Steel.

Terrys speech was epic also and when he had Webby snap him the ball for one last time there wasn’t a dry eye as far as my teary eyes could witness!

At the time I lived about 90 minutes northwest of Canton..,

steelcan58

Reaction score

I started cheering for the Steelers from Canada in 1972. I wanted them to wreck the Dolphins perfect season so bad. Likewise 58 became my favorite player when he slammed Cliffy. I bought my Lambert jersey in 78 when a sports jersey store first came to town - had to special order it. They won the next 2 Super Bowls 😁.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think the height of danger in football was the 90s till they started making rules about head contact. The players training, technique and let's call it nutrition wink wink was at high point with not much rules. But for pure violence nothing tops 70s- 80s football and hockey. Some of that **** should have sent you to jail.

steelcan58

Reaction score
I think the height of danger in football was the 90s till they started making rules about head contact. The players training, technique and let's call it nutrition wink wink was at high point with not much rules. But for pure violence nothing tops 70s- 80s football and hockey. Some of that **** should have sent you to jail.
Atkinson's hit on Swann and Tatum's hit on Stingley immediately come to mind. Pure scum.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think its become such a business it isn't personal anymore. Definitely send message of physicality but it's just business. Same with hockey. Super hard hitting but rarely devolves to the wars we used to see. Few of those players left. Penalties kill you.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think its become such a business it isn't personal anymore. Definitely send message of physicality but it's just business. Same with hockey. Super hard hitting but rarely devolves to the wars we used to see. Few of those players left. Penalties kill you.

Harrison, Was probably our “last” henchman. DEBO was a football player first, nothing personal off the field, but on the field of play It was all business And pain.

Salute the nation

Steelmann

Reaction score
Yes… that was awesome and the place erupted!

I was there as well as a few others for our Men of Steel.

Terrys speech was epic also and when he had Webby snap him the ball for one last time there wasn’t a dry eye as far as my teary eyes could witness!

At the time I lived about 90 minutes northwest of Canton..,
Lucky bum! Great memory for life!

Steelmann

Reaction score
I started cheering for the Steelers from Canada in 1972. I wanted them to wreck the Dolphins perfect season so bad. Likewise 58 became my favorite player when he slammed Cliffy. I bought my Lambert jersey in 78 when a sports jersey store first came to town - had to special order it. They won the next 2 Super Bowls 😁.
With a Ho hum season ( hey we still won a playoff game with Malone and Woodley as QB) our dear Steelers beat the 49’s
to ruin their perfect season. My good friend…a massive 49’s fan is still pissed off. And I still throw it in his face.

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With a Ho hum season ( hey we still won a playoff game with Malone and Woolley as QB) our dear Steelers beat the 49’s
to ruin their perfect season. My good friend…a massive 49’s fan is still pissed off. And I still throw it in his face.

It’s nice to be pissing down somebody’s back and tell them “It’s not rain, it’s piss”.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhhhh….. better known as a golden shower eh Drink. Always figured you were a bit of a kinky ******. 😀😉

It was a twist on a “Outlaw Jose’s Whales” quote.

You like messing with your friend 49’rs fan, ……………. Right……….

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It was a twist on a “Outlaw Jose’s Whales” quote.

You like messing with your friend 49’rs fan, ……………. Right……….

Salute the nation
Must have seen that movie 20 times. Uncle Leo from Seinfeld is one of the bounty hunters he kills. Haha. Your cousin Patrick is a big wig in the Paaaark.

PeachyKeene

Reaction score
The 70s were a great time for NFL and college football. I was stationed in Hawaii (Navy) when live satellite NFL games just started to be broadcast locally - watched quite a few Steelers games. The games came on at 7:00 am. I would get up around 5 am, fix breakfast, and settle in for some football with my six year old son. I explained Steelers football to him and he became an instant Steelers fan - avid ever since. Two back to back games and all finished by 11 am - then head for the beach.
And that's how I was initiated into the GREAT Steeler Nation!!!🤙

keslerclan

Reaction score
Jack Lambert was always my favorite player growing up. Everyone I played ball with wanted to be him and have his #58. I got to meet him by chance working at an Architectural Lighting Company in DC. (didn't know such thing existed...and it was stupid as they designed lights for art shows).

The administrative assistant (girl that sat at the front desk) knew I was a diehard fan and called me out from the "production room" to meet Jack as her hubby and he were fixin' to fly to the pro-bowl together. Evidently, they played at Kent State together and were tight.

He was super intimidating even though he was trying to be pleasant to me. That just made his aura shine brighter to me. That was 40 years ago!
My two boys are diehards as well BUT they've been corrected/raised to know who the baddest man in football was when I was young.