• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

is their 1 person you 100% want to be a Steeler in this draft?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
for me it is Cyrus Torrence. Hopefully at 32. this guy just dominates his opponents. that is what we need. hopefully we go OT at 17 and Torrence at 32.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not just one person for me as this team has a lot of needs.

But my favorites: (added concerns)

Paris (probably long gone by 17) - will his run blocking match his pass protection capable?

Broderick Jones ( like at 17)

Branch ( like at 17)

Witherspoon ( like at 17)- is he too handsy? Will he be able to match up well against much taller receivers?

Van - down by the river- Ness ( like at 17-32)- will he reach his potential?

Cam Smith ( like at 17-32)

Addison (like at 32)- Size and injury concerns.

Hyatt (like at 32)- Will he be like Mike Wallace or will he expand his route capability ?

Campbell (like at 2B)

Many I like in addition but yeah these I like a little more than the rest.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Jones and Robinson. Though I suspect both will off the board.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Not just one person for me as this team has a lot of needs.

But my favorites: (added concerns)

Paris (probably long gone by 17) - will his run blocking match his pass protection capable

Broderick Jones ( like at 17)

Branch ( like at 17)

Witherspoon ( like at 17)- is he too handsy? Will he be able to match up well against much taller receivers?

Van - down by the river- Ness ( like at 17-32)- will he reach his potential

Cam Smith ( like at 17-32)

Addison (like at 32)- Size and injury concerns.

Hyatt (like at 32)- Will he be like Mike Wallace or will he expand his route capability ?

Campbell (like at 2B)

Many I like in addition but yeah these I like a little more than the rest.
I don't watch college football as there's not much coverage here and free time doesn't help me but I did watch part of an Illinois vs Michigan game, as I was trying to watch Mazi Smith in action, I think it was the game Michigan RB Corum went down iirc. The thing is that only one player stud out like he was in another league, like a man among boys and it was Witherspoon. Initially I thought he was a Rover Safety due to his fierce tackling against run plays and short passes near the LoS so I look it up and nope, he is a CB, I watched a bit more of the game and the guy was sticky in coverage too and always near the play.

So if he is the one the Steelers get I think he will be a great player for us

Troglodyte

Reaction score
for me it is Cyrus Torrence. Hopefully at 32. this guy just dominates his opponents. that is what we need. hopefully we go OT at 17 and Torrence at 32.
I doubt Torrence is there at 32. He might be a good fall back pick at 17 if there is an early run on the other positions of need.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I won't presume to act like I know who is best. I do want two positions for sure . Offensive tackle, MLB, and maybe another offensive tackle. In that order. Both OT's could be replaced and it would be an improvement . And I for sure want a stud MLB to wash the stank of Devin bush off this team.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I won't presume to act like I know who is best. I do want two positions for sure . Offensive tackle, MLB, and maybe another offensive tackle. In that order. Both OT's could be replaced and it would be an improvement . And I for sure want a stud MLB to wash the stank of Devin bush off this team.
Definitely not good to have stanky Bush.

😁

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Once free agency is settled, everything may change, for now, Jones OT, Branch S, and Campbell ILB, in that order.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if it's true Sutton signed with the ratbirds.
Any of the top three CBs and another day two unless we pick up someone in freeagency.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry its the lions who signed Sutton

I don’t think Free Agency starts until Wednesday, there is still hope for the STEELERS.

I’m sure there is a plan in place.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t think Free Agency starts until Wednesday, there is still hope for the STEELERS.

I’m sure there is a plan in place.

Salute the nation
A mediocre one by the looks of it.

Papa Lazarou

Reaction score
Sydney Brown, S, Illinois is on my short list. Initially, it was Brian Branch that I liked but after watching his game against Tennessee I started to cool on him. Brown seems to be more dependable and appears to be able to play the pass much better.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If Sutton is left to walk, I’d lay odds that the STEELERS first pick is a CB.

Salute the nation
Which stinks of forcing a selection. So that better O-Lineman or D-lineman sitting there we can wave bye bye.

B b b but we get this CB that might star, might be nothing more than a second corner, might bust. Regardless will take time to find out which. In the mean time the secondary will be exposed just enough to keep the team from doing anything noteworthy. But hey there might still be a winning season.

These mediocre meatheads have got me in a mood...