• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm finally seeing it with Pouncey

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
if you look at average salary over the contract rather than this year's cap hit, Pouncy is 5th. Not a lot ahead of the next two.

That's is because other players signed new deals and cap space has gone up.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what you view as elite. Williams was a very good signing. If your talking about a franchise level free agent the steelers don't have the salary cap management skills for that. We have too much dead money keep older vets at a high salary number for two long and over pay some players.
No clue what you're talking about

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
No clue what you're talking about

He never does but that doesn't stop him. Williams was a bargain free agent who turned out to be a great signing. How does that compare to Norman???? Who signed for what 85 million.

Last edited:

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
He never does but that doesn't stop him. Williams was a bargain free agent who turned out to he a great signing. How does that compare to Norman???? Who signed for what 85 million.
Yeah, Williams was hardly shown any interest.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here ... but, why were we down to that third string RB? Why wasn't our "1st string, doesn't get near the hate Pouncey gets, RB"? ... Hell, if you want to get in someone's *** for unfortunate injuries, Bell certainly fits the bill ... aaaaand, you get a healthy dose of boneheaded suspensions to boot. Yet, I don't see anywhere near the vitriol thrown Bell's way that gets heaped on Pouncey ... haven't added up the games missed, but Bell has to be over 3/4 of a season in the last three years.

You must have missed the offseason... ;)

If Bell signs a new contract, it must be incentive driven. Incentives for playing 16 games would be a good start...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Here is little blurb about Pouncey that made me chuckle

Roethlisberger said that the team got a big laugh watching film of Maurkice Pouncey racing 40 yards down the field throwing a block for Le’Veon Bell. “Pouncey is more excited than Le’Veon is and he is fired up and you would’t even think he was tired after he just ran 50 yards. Then the adrenaline wore off real quick and he looked back at me like ‘Ben, please call a timeout.’ I told him to relax, I’ll get you.”

Piling on: Roethlisberger throws praise Coates’ way - http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/10/04/piling-roethlisberger-throws-praise-coates-way/

P

POP

Just playing devil's advocate here ... but, why were we down to that third string RB? Why wasn't our "1st string, doesn't get near the hate Pouncey gets, RB"? ... Hell, if you want to get in someone's *** for unfortunate injuries, Bell certainly fits the bill ... aaaaand, you get a healthy dose of boneheaded suspensions to boot. Yet, I don't see anywhere near the vitriol thrown Bell's way that gets heaped on Pouncey ... haven't added up the games missed, but Bell has to be over 3/4 of a season in the last three years.

I will tell you why: because you can't help but notice Bell's production, with MP, you just rarely notice an OL man's good work. So, Bell is easier to forgive since his performance is so obvious.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Today's paper notes that the Dolphins' C, a gentleman by the name of Mike Pouncey, will be active this week after missing the last four weeks with a hip injury, the third time said hip has been injured.
The Pouncey family seems to have injury-prone genes, if you will, obviously, which is below the line for players of pedigree.

P

POP

Today's paper notes that the Dolphins' C, a gentleman by the name of Mike Pouncey, will be active this week after missing the last four weeks with a hip injury, the third time said hip has been injured.
The Pouncey family seems to have injury-prone genes, if you will, obviously, which is below the line for players of pedigree.

Or they could both be on "juice" which can make you more prone to injuries. Not saying they are, but it is possible. I know, I know, with Maurice those two major injuries were clearly massive wrong body part in wrong place at wrong time.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I will tell you why: because you can't help but notice Bell's production, with MP, you just rarely notice an OL man's good work. So, Bell is easier to forgive since his performance is so obvious

Or they could both be on "juice" which can make you more prone to injuries. Not saying they are, but it is possible. I know, I know, with Maurice those two major injuries were clearly massive wrong body part in wrong place at wrong time.

Pouncey has been named All-Pro, and has played in some ProBowls, when he wasn't injured, so it's hard to agree with "rarely notice an OL man's good work."

Also, the player's name is Maurkice. Don't know if you are intentionally misspelling his name, but you've posted it wrong a couple times now.

Last edited: