• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I was banned from the thesteelersfans.com

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Speaking of the banished, we should have bet on how long it was going to take for elfies next appearance between getting booted…
The cookie cutter troll plan:
1. Shows up to debate something under a new name
2. Gets all pissy about something
3. Spams the site
4. Banhammered
5. Immediately tries to create a few alt accounts to sneak back on
6. More banning
7. Gone for a bit
8. Rinse, repeat…

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I think it's guys like you that most non-Steelers fans find annoying. "Let's talk about how great the 1970s were, or let's reflect on a decade plus back when Roethlisberger wasn't total ****." There are those of us that have moved on from the 70 and 00s and want a relevant, non-laughable modern team. I would have respected noodle Ben a lot more had he walked away and not subjected his fans to this ongoing embarrassment just so he could stroke his own ego. It's not like Ben just started sucking yesterday. The dude hasn't been clutch for several years now. Colbert, the member of management who appears to have the most sense, didn't seem overly interested in Ben coming back for this ego trip tour.
I think it is you that most here find very ******* annoying

nothing in his post was like the bullshit you posted

He fairly asked you to show a little respect for management and players who have brought a lot of good football to their fans. Your lame insults to them are childish, which is why some here question your age.

Go read Steelerfan81's message to you, then read it again

then read the board for a while

then decide if you can fit in or you want to continue acting like a tool

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh the issues with the offense don’t center on Ben… though he has some stuff to work on….or Canada… its a deeper and complex thing.

Losing Munch really hurt… replacing Haley with Fitchner was a problem we won’t quickly recover from, and losing AB and Bell like we did affected things a lot more than we want to admit

Ben is not the common denominator… offensive issues started in the back end of 18 but they persisted through 19 when ben was out…

I think this O could also benefit from some more mature vets in the room.. i think its way too young through too many positions…

I think the playbook is going to have to be fully purged and rebuilt over at least a year… and I think it’s important for Ben to practice with these young guys way more than they do…

I really don’t think there is much physically wrong with Ben… I think there is probably some mental stuff and maybe a mechanical fix or three needing adjustment

I don’t know if he will put in the effort to fix that though

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Why does the name Blastfurnace ring a bell?

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
Keep in mind I am a moderator and I will respond to any and every post I feel the need to.
Well, in fairness, I didn't realize that I was dealing with the brass. Why didn't you just say so sooner, Sheriff? They should really give you a badge to put under that screen name that way we common folk know that we're dealing with the resident Don Knotts.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's guys like you that most non-Steelers fans find annoying. "Let's talk about how great the 1970s were, or let's reflect on a decade plus back when Roethlisberger wasn't total ****." There are those of us that have moved on from the 70 and 00s and want a relevant, non-laughable modern team. I would have respected noodle Ben a lot more had he walked away and not subjected his fans to this ongoing embarrassment just so he could stroke his own ego. It's not like Ben just started sucking yesterday. The dude hasn't been clutch for several years now. Colbert, the member of management who appears to have the most sense, didn't seem overly interested in Ben coming back for this ego trip tour.
You are in tune with what non Steelers fans find annoying? So it has to be ego driven why he returned huh? Canceling out passion for the game ? Guys like me don't assume **** that has no factual proof.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Well, in fairness, I didn't realize that I was dealing with the brass. Why didn't you just say so sooner, Sheriff? They should really give you a badge to put under that screen name that way we common folk know that we're dealing with the resident Don Knotts.
the fact that I am a moderator really shouldn't matter I don't demand to be treated any different than anyone else.

I would be Barney Fife not Don Knotts....Don played lots of other characters but only Barney would fit here

Steelerfan81 is the board admin or to steal your comment, he is Andy Taylor

go read his post to you and read it some more if you need the big words explained to you let us know

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
I think it is you that most here find very ******* annoying

nothing in his post was like the bullshit you posted

He fairly asked you to show a little respect for management and players who have brought a lot of good football to their fans. Your lame insults to them are childish, which is why some here question your age.

Go read Steelerfan81's message to you, then read it again

then read the board for a while

then decide if you can fit in or you want to continue acting like a tool

He did fairly ask me to show them respect for past accomplishments. I acknowledged said accomplishments and added the reality that a lot of sub-par play and decision-making have followed since those accomplishments last happened. Sure. Ben was fun to watch back in the day, but if that fun came with a pass to be substandard in latter years, that so-called pass has long since expired.
the fact that I am a moderator really shouldn't matter I don't demand to be treated any different than anyone else.

I would be Barney Fife not Don Knotts....Don played lots of other characters but only Barney would fit here

For what it's worth, I had Barney Fife in mind when I made the comment. It did seem very fitting.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
He did fairly ask me to show them respect for past accomplishments. I acknowledged said accomplishments and added the reality that a lot of sub-par play and decision-making have followed since those accomplishments last happened. Sure. Ben was fun to watch back in the day, but if that fun came with a pass to be substandard in latter years, that so-called pass has long since expired.

For what it's worth, I had Barney Fife in mind when I made the comment. It did seem very fitting.
so did you read the other post referring to me as Barney or are you the same guy under another name? if I cared enough I would find out

but I don't

go read SF81's post to you

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
You are in tune with what non Steelers fans find annoying? So it has to be ego driven why he returned huh? Canceling out passion for the game ? Guys like me don't assume **** that has no factual proof.
Wow, dude. A tad dramatic, aren't we? So, Ben returned because of his passion for the game, or as he said, he "still wanted to win title(s)" .. plural. So, somehow he thought his shot arm coupled with a crap O line, coupled with a head coach that is incapable of winning big games (without Cowher's former team) was somehow going to manifest itself into "titles" that he couldn't even get when he was 5 years younger and surrounded by the Killer B's? I don't know .. seems like he should have known better, no?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
@Burgettstown Bob slow down your roll. Come and talk football. You came in hot to a place that's been around since 1999. You wouldn't walk into some locals bar screaming and yelling about a different place. You'd come in, sit down, order a beer and take it all in for a minute.

Now relax. You think Ben sucks. We get it. You think Tomlin sucks. We get it. Others will have a different opinion.

Consider other point of views and agree to disagree.
board admin telling you the same **** I've been pointing out..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What were Ben's stats in the divisional game against the Jags? Seems I think our D let the Jags do what ever they wanted. No?

Dude, BEN let their offense catch and run that football all over the place. He couldn't tackle / defend pass / call defensive plays worth a **** so quit giving BEN the benefit of the doubt............................

Sa lute the nation
sadly I'm still the funniest ******** here

Speachless

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
as I said stick to football related "insults" not personal comments on players, coaches or others

the man may not be the greatest coach but I don't think he is stupid

and Ben doesn't have a noodle arm, he can still throw it deep enough....his accuracy now is in questions

and we have plenty of ******** here

we are just used to them
I know my name...

Bob, welcome - I'll be your diversity and inclusion expert here. I know a bit about football too...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, dude. A tad dramatic, aren't we? So, Ben returned because of his passion for the game, or as he said, he "still wanted to win title(s)" .. plural. So, somehow he thought his shot arm coupled with a crap O line, coupled with a head coach that is incapable of winning big games (without Cowher's former team) was somehow going to manifest itself into "titles" that he couldn't even get when he was 5 years younger and surrounded by the Killer B's? I don't know .. seems like he should have known better, no?
Not dramatic I am just calling it like I see it. Many athletes don't know when to hang it up, that isn't some new revelation.