• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I have a friend in need..

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
So I have a good friend that's going through a really difficult time. See about 6 months ago my friend's father went missing. They found his dad murdered in a shallow grave not far from where we live. Here is that story.
http://www.sharonherald.com/news/hu...cle_e89217ca-dda0-520a-a2db-096314a4e95d.html

SHENANGO TOWNSHIP – Human remains were found in a shallow grave on Tuesday on a large stretch of land off state Route 318 in Shenango Township near the Hermitage border, police said.

Going off “information given to police,” Sharon Police Chief Gerry Smith said, dozens of state troopers and police from Shenango Township and Sharon swarmed a dilapidated compound around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2410 Mercer-West Middlesex Road and have been searching the area around the clock since.

“Upwards of 30 investigators are involved in a major crime scene investigation,” Smith said. “I can tell you the investigation is intense and it is ongoing. It will continue through the night and tomorrow (Thursday).”

Smith and Shenango Township Police Chief Jason Newton said in a news conference Wednesday evening that their departments are assisting the Pennsylvania State Police major crime unit, which is heading the investigation into the search.

State police are limiting information about the investigation because they said that it would impede the probe.

On Tuesday night, the dirt road that runs through the property was crammed full of police vehicles leading to search lights set up in a field about a half-mile away.

In the light of day on Wednesday morning, the compound was revealed.

A plastic, three-foot snowman guards one entrance and a Santa stands at the opposite entrance to the dirt road that runs through the compound. Warding away visitors on both sides stands a warning message spray-painted onto cement blocks that reads “No trespassing,” with a picture of a gun shooting a bullet.

The 30-plus-acre property is shielded from the road by 10-foot-high mounds of earth with grass growing high.

Past the mounds sit two large, run-down buildings and a ranch-style, ramshackle house. An unknown number of people live there.

To the east of the three buildings and the field where most of the police activity was concentrated sits a large barn, which more police and search dogs congregated.

A backhoe was seen, along with police with shovels passing back and forth between the field and barn.

Mercer County tax records show the land is owned by the estate of John M. Boyle, who died in April 2015. The property was listed in a Mercer County sheriff’s sale that was to have been held July 11.

State police will hold a news conference at 10:30 a.m. today in the Shenango Township municipal building on the status of the investigation.

Well they hadn't officially announced anything to my friend besides letting him read the affidavit that showed that they believed it was his father's remains. Today he was notified that the DNA results had came back and it was indeed his father. Obviously deep down inside he knew but there's always some percentage of hope that it would come back to be someone else.

So the police called to let him know that they will be releasing his body on Thursday and if he isn't able to come up with at least $1200 (the cost to have the bones cremated) within 96 hours of the body being released his father will become a John Doe. At the very least he wants to be able to spread his dad's ashes even if he isn't able to have a service for him. Bryan's mother passed away when he was a little kid and his brother is incarcerated so he's all that is left. His dad didn't have any life insurance or any money so hes left with no money to pay for this stuff. Bryan has a little two year old son and has his hand recently smashed at work by a machine that was improperly hooked up with the incorrect chains. The chain failed and smashed his hand so hes off work currently until he can return.

We were trying to set up a GoFundMe account but you have to have the account open for 72 hours then close the account and wait 3-7 days to receive a check. So obviously there isn't much of a window.

Anyway I told him there's a lot of great people on here and maybe some would be willing to help a close friend of mine out. So if anyone would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate it and give you a 2 free months of a subscription here. I really don't have much of an idea of how else to help him. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

You can just send the money to my PayPal and I'll be able to transfer it to my account and give him the money. My account is Steelerfan81@gmail.com

Thanks in advance guys. It'll mean a ton if yinz can help out . Thanks Justin .

For what it's worth his dad was a Vet. But unless he can come up with the money before hand that won't even matter because the VA had no idea he was even missing or any of that until my friend called them today. Basically they aren't prepared so hes screwed.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
anyone who would pretend to be friends with Justin deserves some help

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
Help out if you can folks.

Galloway6

Forefather
Reaction score
I sent what I could.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

We're at $160

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I upped the total.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I took the total a bit higher. Hope everything works out for your friend.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
636792368cd8625963a7bfe6cce446f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

madtacker

Reaction score
Wish I could help more. Hope he can get what he needs. .
Thoughts and prayers.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am tapped out as I recently contributed to two go fundme's., bills,one car down etc.

I wanted to do something so I sent the first post around the day you put it out, to other sites I knew were known to contribute to worthy causes.

My prayers go out to him and his friends, & family.......

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Slash. Thanks everyone. We're almost to 1000.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys we need a little bit more to get to our goal..final push if you can help out at all. Thank you.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Well WarEagle and Tim came thru and pitched some extra in. So I'm happy to say we hit the $1000 goal. My numbers were a bit skewed for a bit as i added wrong. But thank you again to everyone. You guys are amazing. I know Bryan will be on to thank yinz soon.