• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I Feel Bad for Chase Claypool

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Chase is having a terrible year. I was doing some research and came across this nugget.

Chase is 2-14 this season. That's worse than the 2-13-1 Texans. We'll see how the last week goes, but I'll be rooting against Chicago for a shot at that sweet #32 pick!

How incredible for a player to have a worse record than the worst team in the league. That's how bad we were guys. He spent 8 games with us and his only 2 wins were in the black and gold.

His numbers are dogshit.
PIT: 32rec 311yds 1TD (1 TD throwing) 8 rush 55yds
CHI: 12rec 111yds 0TDs 1rush 4yds

Chicago gave up a 2nd for him and they aren't even using him. Look at his snap counts:
PIT 462
CHI 164

If this continues, we may get him back after his rookie contract is up...

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a kicker. Rent him to Chi-town for two years and then sign him cheap because his numbers are trash there.

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Yeah, that is incredible. But ya know, if he acted like a mature professional athlete and not the show boat wannabe I’d like to think he would still be here. But yes, to be worse than the worst team is an incredible feat.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Chase is having a terrible year. I was doing some research and came across this nugget.

Chase is 2-14 this season. That's worse than the 2-13-1 Texans. We'll see how the last week goes, but I'll be rooting against Chicago for a shot at that sweet #32 pick!

How incredible for a player to have a worse record than the worst team in the league. That's how bad we were guys. He spent 8 games with us and his only 2 wins were in the black and gold.

His numbers are dogshit.

Chicago gave up a 2nd for him and they aren't even using him. Look at his snap counts:
PIT 462
CHI 164

There are a couple interesting interviews out there with his various coaches… he just is way behind in too much apparently… he probably will bee a different player with a full offseason to get him in line with what they want him to do… his routes here were extremely limited

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

His numbers are dogshit.

PIT 462
CHI 164

Nice research Stryker, thanks for the input and all your great post(s) along the way.

Chase ClayPUFF was a nick-name that may turn out to be fitting. I feel for the guy but jeepers, with his size and speed….. toughen up. This off-season he needs to practice without pads or rules and learn how to out muscle.

I never wish bad and hope he can muster his way by helping himself by getting over himself.

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
There are a couple interesting interviews out there with his various coaches… he just is way behind in too much apparently… he probably will bee a different player with a full offseason to get him in line with what they want him to do… his routes here were extremely limited
He was actually pretty good as a route runner. His rookie year he became the blocking WR on 1WR sets which run X routes. He was a Z when he put up his big numbers, then moved to slot this past year when JuJu left. He knows the whole route tree and can play all three spots.

When a team gives up a #2, they expect a starting WR who contributes weekly. Not a project.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that is incredible. But ya know, if he acted like a mature professional athlete and not the show boat wannabe I’d like to think he would still be here. But yes, to be worse than the worst team is an incredible feat.
If he could catch he would still be here. Probably one of the softest 6'5" 245 pound guys ever to suit up. He would get 2 hands on the ball and a 5'8" DB would touch(graze) his elbow and the ball would pop out. His showboating and self promoting of course didn't help. I am sure Tomlin would have overlooked though.

steelreeling

Reaction score
show much this ☝️

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I am Canadian. Wanted him drafted so badly. Was so excited when they got him and his rookie year. Then the cracks started to show. His top three wr. Comment was so beyond ridiculous. Clearly there were issues behind the scenes too because the Steelers are not usually big mid season traders. Then he started talking about how he was gonna make the trade a steal for the bears. He could still have a decent career but he needs to learn to STFU. As far as him coming back. I'm ok moving on.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong glad the Steelers hung on for the hapless Bears instead of the middle of the road Packers. But I do feel he has no chance whatsoever to showcase himself heading into the final year of his rookie deal. Fields runs half as much as he passes. Over 150 yards is a big night. I'm not sure how Moss and Rice would look with that guy.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score

His numbers are dogshit.

PIT 462
CHI 164

Why would we want him back?

I have no ill will toward him, heck I thought he’d return to rookie form this year…but he seems to have regressed.

Teams are worse when he is on them…I’d pass, maybe kick the tires for league min haha…he was never used properly

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I Feel Bad for Chase Claypool​

tenor.gif

Bluesteel

Reaction score
My only thought on the subject now is, do the Steelers trade up (hopefully only 1 spot), back into the 1st round to get the 5th year option on whoever they draft with the pick? Whoever they get should be considered a 1st round talent with consideration to only 31 picks in round, with Miami lost pick.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he was injured for some games with the Bears

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
My only thought on the subject now is, do the Steelers trade up (hopefully only 1 spot), back into the 1st round to get the 5th year option on whoever they draft with the pick? Whoever they get should be considered a 1st round talent with consideration to only 31 picks in round, with Miami lost pick.

9-D Chess ...

livingthrudying

Reaction score
I am Canadian. Wanted him drafted so badly. Was so excited when they got him and his rookie year. Then the cracks started to show. His top three wr. Comment was so beyond ridiculous. Clearly there were issues behind the scenes too because the Steelers are not usually big mid season traders. Then he started talking about how he was gonna make the trade a steal for the bears. He could still have a decent career but he needs to learn to STFU. As far as him coming back. I'm ok moving on.
He wasn't even top 3 on this team! He will get next year to prove himself. If he doesn't put some decent tape out there it may be over for him soon in this league. There are enough prima donna receivers in the league. No use on any team for one that doesn't produce!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
He wasn't even top 3 on this team! He will get next year to prove himself. If he doesn't put some decent tape out there it may be over for him soon in this league. There are enough prima donna receivers in the league. No use on any team for one that doesn't produce!
Well unless the Q gets substantially better zero chance of that.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Why would we want him back?

I have no ill will toward him, heck I thought he’d return to rookie form this year…but he seems to have regressed.

Teams are worse when he is on them…I’d pass, maybe kick the tires for league min haha…he was never used properly
He'd still be our top slot option and that is an upgrade over all of our other WRs. He also gives us starting Z ability if GP went down. We lost a lot of depth when we traded him, but that value is unreal.