• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How many of you guys play Madden?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You get a few plays you really like, a couple players you sorta fall in love with...

Pretty soon you find that despite the fact you have a WHOLE playbook you really only use maybe 4 or 6 plays about 80 or 90% of the time.

Why? Because they generally work.

But then, every now and then, the game throws you a curve ball and they shut your **** down. They start doing that thing where no matter WHAT you do, it's not going right.

So, you either have to try to grind that **** out with your 6 bread and butter plays and be pissed off at the AI or you have to switch up to some plays that you virtually NEVER ******* use and hope you remember them well enough to get by on.

Well guess what?

I'm pretty ******' sure that Haley et al are all ******* excited about their new toy Leveon Bell and they just CAN'T get it out of their heads to do something else. They have about 6 ******' plays in the book and as soon as somebody shuts that **** down, all hell breaks loose on the sideline because nobody wants to dig into the playbook and dust off the other 30 plays and try that old broke **** out.

"What, throw short **** over the middle? But Sammie Coates has been catching deep balls this season. Lemme throw deep coach!"

"Aw C'mon, sure there's 10 guys in the box, but Leveon's patient coach!"

This offense is NOT all that and a bag of chips. They've been ignoring Brown more and more over the last few weeks. Now whether that's because they're enamored of the new toys or because Brown is being aggressively covered, I don't know, but the offense simply is NOT all that impressive. Add to the fact that half of them are beat all to hell and this is a slightly better than average offense at best.

Couple that with a ******* awful defense and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you would need GREAT coaching to overcome adversity, and the Steelers do NOT have great coaching. It's that simple.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Brown is double teamed and the other players just aren't stepping up.

chipped ham

Reaction score
I think Brown is double teamed and the other players just aren't stepping up.

This is true. The receiver position was a perceived strength going into this season. Even with the loss of Bryant, everyone still figured we'd be ok at that position. Man, that was wrong, and it pisses me off about Bryant that much more.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
This is true. The receiver position was a perceived strength going into this season. Even with the loss of Bryant, everyone still figured we'd be ok at that position. Man, that was wrong, and it pisses me off about Bryant that much more.

As it should. If I was in charge Bryant would be told you are on your last chance, one more screw-up, byebye

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a given since another suspension would mean that the Commissioner would have to reinstate him.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a given since another suspension would mean that the Commissioner would have to reinstate him.

you would think so but the Steelers still have him under contract until they cut the cord

and so far they seem really in his corner..........

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another suspension and he's done.

Unless they just want to be spiteful. There's always the chance that if the Steelers release him after another suspension, the P*ts could pick up his rights and Goodell could lift his suspension. Cause he's that kind of a douchebag.

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
hell brown was triple covered by Rats yesterday...Ben still threw it to him.

meanwhile Rodgers was wide open at the 1st down marker...all by himself...with the closest Ratbirds being at least 8-10 yds away.

that's on Ben.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

I pointed out several times ad nausea that losing Bryant will hurt and the offense scores about 6.8 points less per game without him,

obxsteeler

Reaction score
I pointed out several times ad nausea that losing Bryant will hurt and the offense scores about 6.8 points less per game without him,

You point out a lot of things several times ad nausea. Not like that wasn't really plain to see and losing Wheaton didn't help either.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
only time we excel, is when we have a D. If we get up on a team and make them one dimensional, we do well.

Our O, with Ben, will always be like that. I love our team, just get tired of Ben ******** the bed or our coaches standing idly by...TRULY wish we were still a well rounded offense. Ball control and such. days seem to be gone....

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
only time we excel, is when we have a D. If we get up on a team and make them one dimensional, we do well.

Our O, with Ben, will always be like that. I love our team, just get tired of Ben ******** the bed or our coaches standing idly by...TRULY wish we were still a well rounded offense. Ball control and such. days seem to be gone....

I agree that it seems like Ben has his brain fart games, but at the same time, why does it always seem like our entire team has those games at the same time. It seems like as a team we have those head scratching games...it's never just one person that seems to be on cloud 9. Yesterday, given the game plan on offense and the play calling, it is hard for me to judge or gauge Ben, Bell, or anyone else. The playcalling and the reluctance to adapt just makes my head spin. With Pouncey going down early, Decastro getting pushed around like a rag doll, Ben not having any rhythm, dropped passes...etc. do I blame the game plan or the execution. Just mind numbing that it keeps happening.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As it should. If I was in charge Bryant would be told you are on your last chance, one more screw-up, byebye

And how does that REALLY effect Bryant? It is not like Cutting him will be the end of his career, there are at least 20 other teams that will try to sign him within the hour, for BIG MONEY. He will get serious money over the next few years, even if it is not from the Steelers.