• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How do politicians get rich, you may ask??

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Six figure salaries, end up being worth hundreds of millions. How? For things you and I would be arrested for.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has served in Congress for nearly 34 years and presently presides in a top-tier position as one of the most powerful figures in the U.S. government. Amid a recent flurry of complicated decisions she's had to face as leader of her caucus, Fox News host Jesse Watters launched a "Watters' World" investigation into her financial dealings during her tenure in politics.

Last week, the Speaker was unable to pass the bipartisan infrastructure bill as progressives in her own party signaled their disapproval. Watters condemned her policies, saying they're making it "harder and harder for average Americans to accumulate wealth," shackling them with taxes and "destroying the dollar with reckless spending."

The current salary of a Speaker of the House sits in the low six-figures, yet Pelosi is one of the richest members of Congress.

So what is her secret, asked Watters: "It appears to be her husband, Paul."

"After they got married, Paul opened up a real estate and venture capital firm. And through his connections, he pushed Nancy into the political world, helping her get elected to Congress in 1987," Watters said.

"The couple has timed the market perfectly over the years," he continued, "while Nancy's been a Washington insider. Real estate, stocks, the Pelosis always know what the right investment is."

The Pelosis own several pieces of real estate including a mansion in Napa Valley valued up to $25 million, a DC waterfront condo worth over $2 million, and a red brick mansion in California's Pacific Heights.

Her husband owns commercial properties in San Francisco "combined, worth up to $50 million," Watters continued.

"In 2018, the Pelosis' wealth has skyrocketed," he said. "That year, her financial disclosure report revealed a net worth of over $114 million. In 2019, Pelosi's assets total up to a whopping $271 million and in 2020, those numbers went up even more to as high as $315 million."

"In 2007, Visa worried the new Democrat Congress would target their swipe fees, costing them billions. So they hired a team of lobbyists who descended on Pelosi," Watters added. "Visa's CEO personally met with her. She got donations from them. One of his advisers left and became a visa lobbyist himself."

"Suddenly, Paul Pelosi got a phone call from his broker. He was in luck," Watters continued. "Paul was offered a prescreened invite to get in early on Visa's $18 billion IPO. Did Nancy and her husband hesitate? No, they bought between $1 million and $5 million worth of Visa stock. But it gets better. While Pelosi was speaker, bills that would have hurt Visa's stock price were blocked in the House. Visa shares going up over 200 percent during the time, making the Pelosis a fortune on paper."

"In January, the Pelosis got a million dollars worth of Tesla stock right before Joe Biden announced electric car incentives in June. The Pelosi family cashed in big time just before Congress was set to pounce on Big Tech. Mr. Pelosi exercised options on Google's parent company, Alphabet, making an easy $5.3 million."

Watters provided another instance where the Pelosis cashed in.

"In March, Paul Pelosi exercised $2 million worth of Microsoft options, just two weeks before the tech giant got a $22 billion contract to equip the US Army with high tech headsets,"
he said.

"The Pelosis have never been indicted for insider trading, but her marriage investments and access, combined with extremely fortunate timing, have created a lot of suspicions. All we're doing is following the money, and there sure is a lot of it," Watters concluded.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Graft and corruption. Which is why we need to cut the living **** out of the Federal Government right down to the bone. Politicians can't peddle influence they don't have.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Something something. Drain the swamp? Nah let’s keep it growing the twats said. **** Biden and **** you for voting for him.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Also there is a neat little trick where it is perfectly legal to keep unspent campaign donations as long as you claim it on your income tax.
So if you're a Democrat in a highly Democrat area who doesn't really have to worry about Republican opposition then you can rake in lots of money but not spend it on TV commercials and billboards.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Something something. Drain the swamp? Nah let’s keep it growing the twats said. **** Biden and **** you for voting for him.

We're never getting that garbage out until we get term limits in the constitution!

Reactions: MTC

Stewey

Reaction score
Much of a politicians wealth comes from speaking engagements and book deals.
Thats why politics is such a lucrative career choice.

But since leaving office (Biden] he has enjoyed an explosion of wealth, making millions of dollars largely from book deals and speaking fees for as much as $200,000 per speech, public documents show.

C'mon man, who the hell paid Biden $200,000 for a speech?
"Middle Class Joe" my ***.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
We're never getting that garbage out until we get term limits in the constitution!
Only if you limit the powers of the bureaucracy and give more power to Congress. The career bureaucrats are already the ones running the country and Congress isn't real accountable for what happens. Lois Lerner, Peter Strozk, Lisa Page, General Milley, there are millions of them in the government.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Only if you limit the powers of the bureaucracy and give more power to Congress. The career bureaucrats are already the ones running the country and Congress isn't real accountable for what happens. Lois Lerner, Peter Strozk, Lisa Page, General Milley, there are millions of them in the government.

Well you start with those in the highest spots and go from that point. I agree it needs gutted severely. It's a tall task.

Real true transparent government with 100% accountability, yearly audits of anyone in power. Fully disclosed to the public.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Which brings me back to what I said earlier about cutting the government down to the bone. Most of the bureaucracies fostered by the alphabet agencies are unnecessary and unconstitutional.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Much of a politicians wealth comes from speaking engagements and book deals.
Thats why politics is such a lucrative career choice.

But since leaving office (Biden] he has enjoyed an explosion of wealth, making millions of dollars largely from book deals and speaking fees for as much as $200,000 per speech, public documents show.

C'mon man, who the hell paid Biden $200,000 for a speech?
"Middle Class Joe" my ***.
parently you aint woke enuff

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So it seems to me a reasonable investment strategy would be to find out who the Pelosi's investment broker is, "save his his wife from a terrible car accident", send her severed left hand back to him and then ask him inform you privately of every investment move the Pelosi's make.

You know, investing is hard work, but if you're willing to dive in and get your hands dirty, you can make some money.

I don't think that's insider trading is it? I'm pretty sure it's not illegal.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, it sounds like a lot of money, but you have to realize he's actually only getting paid like $500 per "Uh", "Um", "Ya know", or "C'mon Man".

Long, confused pauses get $1500 each.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard, once, that a former presidential candidate made $57k on a cattle commodities trade, with no money in her account.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

I know it's a bit OT, but I can't find the thread - so glad you mentioned Ron Klain as one of the puppet masters right now (and long before). He may actually be the head of 'em.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Which brings me back to what I said earlier about cutting the government down to the bone. Most of the bureaucracies fostered by the alphabet agencies are unnecessary and unconstitutional.
They are funded by our taxes. They should be working for us. Damn ********

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They are funded by our taxes. They should be working for us. Damn ********

They probably see it as you have their money as they're constantly looking for ways to take it from you. You work for them. So the higher % rate you climb so does how many months out of the year you actually work 100% for the government. Which then gives it away to a bunch of clowns who they just let through our border or some government contract kickback for a family member...

If you add in inflation we're really getting screwed.

Ok, now I'm making myself mad... in with the good air out with the bad...lol

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Here is another way. Nothing to be concerned about here, right?

Fed Chairman unloaded millions in equities before Dow tumble​

fed-trades.jpg

Fed Chair Jerome Powell sold millions in stock as Dow tanked in October.

Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell sold between $1 million and $5 million worth of stock from his personal account in October. And although top Fed officials are not required to put their assets into a blind trust while serving, two other Federal Reserve Presidents were forced to resign after disclosing their own trades last month.

Powell’s stock sale occurred on October 1, 2020; the Dow would tumble 1,600 points that month, the worst month since the beginning of the Scamdemic. Powell’s latest financial disclosure statement puts his personal wealth in the range of $20 million to $55 million.

Jerome Powell played dumb on Fed selling last month

That tree of Liberty is close needing watering.

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
1. Term Limits for Congress
2. Balanced Budget Amendment
3. Get the DOJ out of the Executive Department. Nonpartisan Attorney General will be an elected official instead of appointed by POTUS.
4. Obliterate the lobby industry in D.C.

Just a few steps to get back to a government "of, by, & for the people". You know, like it says in our constitution?

We're just serfs and underlings to our Royal Lord$ at this point.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
1. Term Limits for Congress
2. Balanced Budget Amendment
3. Get the DOJ out of the Executive Department. Nonpartisan Attorney General will be an elected official instead of appointed by POTUS.
4. Obliterate the lobby industry in D.C.

Just a few steps to get back to a government "of, by, & for the people". You know, like it says in our constitution?

We're just serfs and underlings to our Royal Lord$ at this point.

Only 2 ways those things can happen now.

1. Constitutional Convention (The preferred way)

2. War.

xjx

Reaction score
Kickbacks and bribes. Many kickbacks already written in to Bidens kick back better plan...er...I mean build back better.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Build Back Better

Bribe. Bully. Blackmail.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Only 2 ways those things can happen now.

1. Constitutional Convention (The preferred way)

2. War.

What are the alternatives at this point? I sure as hell don't want #2, but again, what are the alternatives? If someone can enlighten me, I'm all ears.