• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Holy crap, we're getting Healthy!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I was more worried for Marcus Gilbert and Shamarko Thomas's injuries, but they are practicing fully this week. Both are ahead of schedule for the injuries they suffered. With Heyward, Wheaton, and Brown practicing fully, it's a good sign all 5 will play barring a setback this week in practice.

This only leaves the team with 3 injured players. Wallace, who has only practiced once this season, looks to be the prime candidate to be placed on IR when Green is activated, and that may happen on Saturday this week! If not this week, Green must be activated for the Dallas game, since that will be 3 weeks of practice, he must be activated or sent to IR at the end of that week.

Ben and DeAngelo are also injured, but both are practicing in a limited capacity. Ben is taking 1st team reps, and DeAngelo is usually given the vet day off on Wednesdays, so him practicing in a limited capacity yesterday looks like he is testing out the knee. If he practices today, it looks like his knee passed the test.

Either way, I fully expect Ben to be active on Sunday. Whether or not he is named the starter is another question to be answered, but much like last year, if he is practicing at all, he will be active.

What an exciting week, with the possibility for every player to be healthy enough to play, but Green may also make his debut! Time to get the Ferrari out on the road!!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's quit a spread sheet Cope, thanks for sharing !!!

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Very curious to see if Green gets a hat. Not sure what the deadline is to add him to the roster for him to play this week.

Getting Dupree back should be a huge boost to the defense, still not there yet though

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Very curious to see if Green gets a hat. Not sure what the deadline is to add him to the roster for him to play this week.

Getting Dupree back should be a huge boost to the defense, still not there yet though

Not sure if they'll give him a hat this week but next week, I believe, is the deadline to activate him or put him on IR. I really want to see what the kid can do so I hope it's this week.

Dupree, I would think, is at least 3-4 weeks out. He hasn't even started practicing yet.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
That's quit a spread sheet Cope, thanks for sharing !!!

Salute the nation

No problem. It is stickied at the top of the football forum for quick reference.

Green must be activated by the Dallas game or placed on season ending IR.

Dupree is not eligible to practice until AFTER the Ravens game

All this info is on the spreadsheet.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

James and Grimble are fine. Green was a rip off deal

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This team needs health and for it to last if they have any aspirations for the post season and lifting no.7

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was Limited today. DeAngelo didn't practice, so I assume he had a setback. Everyone was a full participant (minus Wallace of course).

For the Ravens. Dumerville, Correa, Gilmore, and Wright DNP.

Mosley and Steve Smith Jr were limited.

Suggs practiced fully for 2 straight practices and he has a bicep.

Yanda, Webb, Stanley, and Young are banged up, yet practicing fully.

The Steelers are in a much better position injury wise, than the Ravens, and they both are coming off of byes. It's luck that the Steelers haven't had a MAJOR injury to a starter yet this year. Just nagging injuries, and hopefully they are getting healthy at the right time.

I also think this game is severely under valuing the state of key injuries between these teams. Ravens are a 2 1/2 point favorite?? If Ben plays, this game could be a blowout in our favor!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought horse face had already retired

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was Limited today. DeAngelo didn't practice, so I assume he had a setback. Everyone was a full participant (minus Wallace of course).

For the Ravens. Dumerville, Correa, Gilmore, and Wright DNP.

Mosley and Steve Smith Jr were limited.

Suggs practiced fully for 2 straight practices and he has a bicep.

Yanda, Webb, Stanley, and Young are banged up, yet practicing fully.

The Steelers are in a much better position injury wise, than the Ravens, and they both are coming off of byes. It's luck that the Steelers haven't had a MAJOR injury to a starter yet this year. Just nagging injuries, and hopefully they are getting healthy at the right time.

I also think this game is severely under valuing the state of key injuries between these teams. Ravens are a 2 1/2 point favorite?? If Ben plays, this game could be a blowout in our favor!

Las Vegas do know their stats, Ben always sucks in his first game after an injury

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Las Vegas do know their stats, Ben always sucks in his first game after an injury

Normally I agree with you, but that Cleveland Game last year was his best coming off an injury.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Bud Dupree is also hopeful about returning next week!

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/11/bud-dupree-hopeful-play-next-week/

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Would love to see this team mostly healthy headed down the stretch. It could make all the difference. Just wish Martavis could join the party..

awboatguy

Reaction score
I wonder how much stem cell therapy has to do with these guys recovering so quickly?