• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hightower anyone?

deljzc

Reaction score
Butler really liked him in that draft. Was pitching for him over DeCastro in the war room if I remember correctly.

He probably costs too much and I don't think he developed into a pass rusher like we were hoping had we gotten him. Not out of the question Timmons goes to the Patriots and we get Hightower however if we are in the spending mood.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

Spike

Reaction score
This one might be cheaper

Jamaal Charles wants to play for SB contender

"No. 1 on his list is going to be playing for a contender," said Garafolo. "He's aiming for teams that were in the postseason and have a legitimate lowB repuS chance

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles

(IN before someone starts a new thread on him)

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score

Spike

Reaction score
He was never used properly

He could maybe be had cheap as a back-up

you know, in case Bell gets popped having another toke over the line

Chiefs to cut Jamaal Charles

The Chiefs have decided to release running back Jamaal Charles, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Charles will hit free agency and can land somewhere, but he’s probably only going to get paid like a backup.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Both will be expensive, rather get a CB

bmoritz

Reaction score
Charles will be cheap, but yeah, Hightower will be pricey. With that said, I'd take him right now over Timmons (as he is now, not in his prime).

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Rather keep Timmons with a lower cap hit, hightower is more of a thumper, we don't need that kind of LB

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Not too sure about Hightower - he's a Bama product (thus I like him but not sure if he's the ILB we need)...

Bluesteel

Reaction score
I would be happy as S*&t to grab Hightower. As stated in another post, Steelers have 24+ million in cap space after Brown extension and Bell tag. 5 mil, give or take for rookies, leaves 19 mil to sign our own and/or free agents. People are talking about giving 4.5 mil or so to Timmons??? How about that 4.5 and maybe another 8.5 to get Hightower (13 mil, to begin with, may be enough to get him)? That'd leave about 6 mil after Bell, Brown, rookies, to go towards our own, with extensions and creative math, maybe stretching more.

Immediate Positive Impact:
-It immediately weakens the Pats* while also giving us a HUGE strength in an area of their biggest, already existing weakness, pressure up the middle on Brady!
-Steelers stick to their likely draft plan of an edge rusher in the 1st round, CB 2nd round... Defense can then deploy platoon of Harrison/Rookie on right, Dupree/Moats on left, ability to generate serious pressure from middle with Shazier/Hightower and Burns/Cockrell/Golson/Rookie.

I just love the idea of turning the tables on the Pats* with one of their own and it should make the Steeler's D formidable against any opponent!!!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cat made enough critical plays for him to be a attractive option.

Spike

Reaction score
If we're adding a FA RB I want a star - ask Peterson if he will give us a discount for playing on a contender

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Hightower is good. But the Steelers have two starters at the position and can still sign Timmons. I'd rather see them make a splash at OLB, Corner, or veteran wr.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hightower is good. But the Steelers have two starters at the position and can still sign Timmons. I'd rather see them make a splash at OLB, Corner, or veteran wr.

They need an OLB and a CB. Imo, the Steelers hit those needs in the draft

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
no.....not paying what he will want with all the talent available in the draft