• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heyward Tells Bush to Calm Down

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It’s been quite a few weeks on social media for Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Devin Bush. Bush has always been active on Twitter, but not to the extent he has been recently.

Mostly he’s just been posting nonsense, but he retweeted a video of a cat presumably falling to its death. You can find that one on your own. But that sparked many Steelers fans, and animal lovers alike to lash out at Bush. He wasn’t phased by the attacks and never took down the tweet. It does look like the original video has been removed, though.

Before that he spoke out against grown men having the TikTok application on their phone.

If you a grown man & you got TikTok on yo phone stay TF from around me.

— Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) July 1, 2021

That was largely controversial because of JuJu Smith-Schuster and Chase Claypool being big proponents of TikTok. But the fans tended to make a bigger deal over that than the players did.

He then attacked some content creators, which caused an uproar with some in the creators community. But it also caught the eye of Tennessee Titans running back, Darrynton Evans.

See all these “Content creators” wit no more than 400 views…. Nah you a bored MF

— Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) July 3, 2021

If you make Content let this Motivate you, WE want to Support YOU
‼
@CleffTheGod @Nightlennn_
🤝
🎮
🔥
Send is your content and let’s support each other! pic.twitter.com/Lcj45vPWqf

— Darrynton Evans (@ItzLiveee) July 5, 2021

That obviously struck a nerve.

Now yesterday Bush continued his newly found love for posting one liners, generally cryptic one liners.

Welcome to the mind of a psycho

— Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) July 13, 2021

But this one was finally met with some friendly push back from Steelers captain Cameron Heyward.

Calm your *** down

— Cam Heyward (@CamHeyward) July 14, 2021

Now we don’t know exactly if there’s more to this or not. Maybe a couple text messages or DMs went flying around too. He continued to post a couple things, but nothing off the rails like most of his latest tweets. But it seems like Bush needs training camp to start just as much as the rest of Steeler Nation. I mostly just write this off as Bush being young, and bored. Nothing more. He’s going to be a super star in this league, let’s just hope that all of this goes away once the season kicks off.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Cam Heyward is the uncle at the BBQ with a cold beer in one hand and a nephews hair in the other... "HEY! Calm your *** down before I put a foot in your ***"

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Good to see Heyward and banner showing leadership and stability to the young and stupid.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Real leadership would be a phone call or a private text. Are any of these guys capable of that anymore? And I'm not ******** on Cam. I think he is a good leader. But by posting a public message, you are saying something public to challenge a team mate. If that pisses him off you are going to be dealing with it in private in a week at training camp anyhow. Why not just a private text....... We are not using social media this way this season. If you got a problem with that give me a call.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Real leadership would be a phone call or a private text. Are any of these guys capable of that anymore? And I'm not ******** on Cam. I think he is a good leader. But by posting a public message, you are saying something public to challenge a team mate. If that pisses him off you are going to be dealing with it in private in a week at training camp anyhow. Why not just a private text....... We are not using social media this way this season. If you got a problem with that give me a call.
We don't really know but probably a phone call was made too, and also from tomlin I'd bet

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope this is just pent up energy on the part of Bush. Likely it was frustrating for him getting hurt early last season and wanting to get back to it.

The Steelers don't need the second coming of Mr. Big Chest.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Real leadership would be a phone call or a private text.

I'm guessing that was already done as well. Perhaps doing it on a social media platform in front of millions of people just helps hammer the message home and makes Bush think twice about being an idiot? Hard to say what's really going on from the outside.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would think twice as to wheather SBWHCMVLTHCMCS has made the phone call. I know none of us would know but just a hunch. It's nice how all the other dipshits are quiet yet BUSH continuals to be loud.

I just hope no one derails this season as It could easily be best of the last for BEN's playing days.

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
How do you know he didnt also call him privately??

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I took it as he probably did both. One to quiet the masses/fans like a damage control and the other behind the scenes. Way back in camp I saw that Jarvis Jones episode where he said what he felt needed to be said. Right then and there I knew that man had no reservations about saying something to a man's face.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
pretty much how this story went down......
Claypool and Smith Schuster are in TicTok. Bush said you better keep that **** out of my face ironically on social media himself. Bush has some weird social media posts. Heyward says you better be responsible on social media. Ironically on social media.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
pretty much how this story went down......
Claypool and Smith Schuster are in TicTok. Bush said you better keep that **** out of my face ironically on social media himself. Bush has some weird social media posts. Heyward says you better be responsible on social media. Ironically on social media.
So the root evil is none other than social media

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I would think twice as to wheather SBWHCMVLTHCMCS has made the phone call. I know none of us would know but just a hunch. It's nice how all the other dipshits are quiet yet BUSH continuals to be loud.

I just hope no one derails this season as It could easily be best of the last for BEN's playing days.

Salute the nation
SBWHCMVLTHCMCS
^^^
what hieroglyphics is this? What language and land of which you speak?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
SBWHCMVLTHCMCS
^^^
what hieroglyphics is this? What language and land of which you speak?
SuperBowlWinningHeadCoachMichealVincentLombardieTomlinHeadCoachMikeyCoolShades

The last part came from Ron Burgundy

For being 32 years old you are having a hard time keeping up with the modern day era.............................. Maybe you need to eat more BACON !!!!

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Coryea is waiting for this to devolve into bashing Ben

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
SuperBowlWinningHeadCoachMichealVincentLombardieTomlinHeadCoachMikeyCoolShades

The last part came from Ron Burgundy

For being 32 years old you are having a hard time keeping up with the modern day era.............................. Maybe you need to eat more BACON !!!!

Salute the nation
Obvious obviously

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
We don't really know but probably a phone call was made too, and also from tomlin I'd bet
From Bill Cowher’s book; it wasn’t all sunshine and roses, especially through those 1st 6 years. They had a lot of locker room drama; but also had the leadership to check teammates too.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
From Bill Cowher’s book; it wasn’t all sunshine and roses, especially through those 1st 6 years. They had a lot of locker room drama; but also had the leadership to check teammates too.
Bill Cowher did something right as he went to 6 consecutive play offs from the start of his career. I get the locker room tumoil but like said he also had player leadership his entire coaching tenure.

Salute the nation