• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harrison questionable?

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate starting new threads, but I scrolled down two pages and didn't see anything on this. I know from earlier in the week he had a shoulder and tricep and read that he missed practice and is questionable. I find it hard to believe he won't play, but was wondering if anyone in Pittsburgh can shed light on his injury...how serious, etc...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...atriots-afc-championship/stories/201701200225

By Ray Fittipaldo/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison returned to practice Friday, but the Steelers are listing him as questionable for the AFC championship game against the Patriots because of shoulder and triceps injuries. Tight end Ladarius Green (concussion) and running back Fitz Toussaint also are listed as questionable.

All of the players that were sick throughout the week, including kicker Chris Boswell and receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, are not listed on the status report and will be available for the game.

Harrison missed practice Thursday, but his injuries are not expected to keep him from playing in his fifth AFC championship.

“It means the same it did the first year I ever played,” Harrison said after practice Friday. “I’m excited for every game.”

Harrison’s play in the second half of the season is a big reason the Steelers are one game away from the Super Bowl. He drew a holding penalty on Chiefs tackle Eric Fisher in the AFC divisional round game Sunday that negated a game-tying two-point conversion.

Harrison, because of his short stature and his ability to play low to the ground, is famous for being held by offensive tackles. Did he find any irony in drawing a penalty on the most important play?

“He could have been called for holding four or five times in the game,” Harrison said.

Green, who has missed the past four games with a concussion, remains in the concussion protocol. He practiced Wednesday and Friday but missed Thursday with the virus that is going around the team.

Green appeared ready to play in the AFC wild-card game against Miami, but he had a setback two days before the game and remained in the protocol.

“It’s part of the rehab to get back out there and practice, see what happens when you move around,” Green said. “We decided not to go that week. It’s up to the coaches. They decide what’s best. I stand behind them fully on that because they’ve been supporting me the whole time.”

When asked if his current condition is similar to what he went through last season in San Diego, when he missed games due to what he called “sinus problems,” Green said: “I don’t even remember what happened in San Diego. That was a while ago.”

Davis fined

Steelers safety Sean Davis was fined $24,309 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Chiefs receiver Chris Conley. Davis was penalized for unnecessary roughness during the game.

Ward named honorary captain

The Steelers named former receiver Hines Ward as their honorary captain for the AFC championship game. Ward played in five AFC championship games for the Steelers, including two against the Patriots at Heinz Field that the Steelers lost in 2001 and 2004.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate starting new threads, but I scrolled down two pages and didn't see anything on this. I know from earlier in the week he had a shoulder and tricep and read that he missed practice and is questionable. I find it hard to believe he won't play, but was wondering if anyone in Pittsburgh can shed light on his injury...how serious, etc...

Not serious enough to keep him from lifting weights right after the plane landed in Pitt following the KC game. Here's something that folks forget. The NFL discarded the "Probable" designation (two years ago?). So, players like Harrison, whose injuries maybe aren't serious enough to list them as out are always "questionable" now. Look at the Cheats* injury report and you'll see no less than seven "questionable" players.If that's not enough, google the injury reports and you'll see that ALL of the Steelers practiced and none are listed as out (even Green and Fitz with their concussions).

Harrison will play.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Give him a rest here and there but he's a wrecking ball against olines

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
They could cut that guys arm off and he would still come play in this game. This is what you play for in Pittsburgh....championships!

Spike

Reaction score
and then there's this guy

Ladarius Green not expected to play in AFCCG

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ladarius Green (concussion, illness, questionable) is not expected to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Patriots.

Green participated in two of the Steelers' three practices this week but hasn't passed the concussion protocol and appears to be headed for his fifth straight absence.

James Harrison (shoulder, triceps), who is also listed as questionable, is expected to get the green light for Sunday's AFC title game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7568/ladarius-green

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ladarius Green (concussion, illness, questionable) is not expected to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Patriots.

Green participated in two of the Steelers' three practices this week but hasn't passed the concussion protocol and appears to be headed for his fifth straight absence.

James Harrison (shoulder, triceps), who is also listed as questionable, is expected to get the green light for Sunday's AFC title game.

However the season ends let this guy go. Howard should be sitting there in 1 if they want to go that route.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But if he is that ******* fragile, he isn't going to benefit the team moving forward. Use that money to bring in another TE, or draft one.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

It's sad but if you can't roll for this game it's time for you to "get on with your life's work"

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Worst FA signing ever? At least Duce Staley played a little bit.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
However the season ends let this guy go. Howard should be sitting there in 1 if they want to go that route.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But if he is that ******* fragile, he isn't going to benefit the team moving forward. Use that money to bring in another TE, or draft one.

pass rusher in the first round would be a greater need. Jesse James has proven he's capable so a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be better I think

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Not serious enough to keep him from lifting weights right after the plane landed in Pitt following the KC game. Here's something that folks forget. The NFL discarded the "Probable" designation (two years ago?). So, players like Harrison, whose injuries maybe aren't serious enough to list them as out are always "questionable" now. Look at the Cheats* injury report and you'll see no less than seven "questionable" players.If that's not enough, google the injury reports and you'll see that ALL of the Steelers practiced and none are listed as out (even Green and Fitz with their concussions).

Harrison will play.

I wonder if he hurt himself lifting weights?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
pass rusher in the first round would be a greater need. Jesse James has proven he's capable so a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be better I think

True it would be a greater need.

The needs are OLB, ILB. TE,WR, and CB can still be strengthened.

Lot of ways to go. If things are created equal you go a pass rusher sure.

Maybe even a OLB/ILB. 1 and 2.

But if the BPA is clearly one of the other areas, you have to go in that direction.

Looking at it I could see the value not being there for a OLBer, but Dupree was a slide surprise so who knows.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Definitely like the TE from Alabama. Right now I would lean towards him over any pass rusher. Not because James isn't balling. But because a two TE set with a one of the TE being a match-up night mare for defenses is the most versatile set in Football IMO. Forces defenses into a nickle where the offense can play power football and still attack with the pass just as well.. Bell running against nickle defenses with our Oline is a recipe for success

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Worst FA signing ever? At least Duce Staley played a little bit.

Green was a big factor in the wins against the Giants and Colts.

For me, Donnell Woolford was the Steelers worst FA signing. I believe he played in like 2 games in 1997, sucked epically and never played again.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely like the TE from Alabama. Right now I would lean towards him over any pass rusher. Not because James isn't balling. But because a two TE set with a one of the TE being a match-up night mare for defenses is the most versatile set in Football IMO. Forces defenses into a nickle where the offense can play power football and still attack with the pass just as well.. Bell running against nickle defenses with our Oline is a recipe for success

And he has produced in big games over 200 one year 100 this year.

He would be what LG was meant to be for this O.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Green was a big factor in the wins against the Giants and Colts.

For me, Donnell Woolford was the Steelers worst FA signing. I believe he played in like 2 games in 1997, sucked epically and never played again.

And Blunt. Played sparingly, had a bad attitude, got our star running back arrested, then walked out on the team and went back to the Pats****.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And he has produced in big games over 200 one year 100 this year.

He would be what LG was meant to be for this O.
When the patriots had Gronk and Hernandez that was totally unfair lol. Because they were both mismatches and both could block. They were able to do whatever they wanted to defenses

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
When the patriots had Gronk and Hernandez that was totally unfair lol. Because they were both mismatches and both could block. They were able to do whatever they wanted to defenses

Imagine Antonio on one side, Bryant on the other. Then Howard and JJ, throw in Eli and sprinkle in the experienced other WRs. With Coates as a wildcard?

that would be pretty ******* scary

hook

Forefather
Reaction score

There is no way they should spend the #1 pick on a TE. James is doing just fine. A later round pick for a TE, sure. But we have more pressing needs for the #1 pick than TE.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Just saw a report on the NFL Network Green is expected to play.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Imagine Antonio on one side, Bryant on the other. Then Howard and JJ, throw in Eli and sprinkle in the experienced other WRs. With Coates as a wildcard?

that would be pretty ******* scary

Exactly..that would be crazy.

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score