• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gregory fails another drug test

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Report: Randy Gregory fails another drug test while suspended
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 11, 2016, 12:14 PM EST
Dallas Cowboys minicamp
Getty Images
The Dallas Cowboys invested heavily in pass-rushers two years ago, signing Greg Hardy in free agency and stopping Randy Gregory’s draft free-fall in the second round.

They’ve gotten similar returns from them.

According to Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, Gregory has failed another drug test while on suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, and his next suspension would be a year-long one.

Ignoring for the moment the lack of confidentiality of the league’s own policy when reported on by the league’s own network, it’s hard to say it’s that difficult a blow for the team. He’s only played in 12 games and hasn’t recorded a sack, and their defense has actually exceeded expectations.

At a human level, the news is more difficult, since he was a month away from a possible reinstatement, and doesn’t appear to have kicked the problem that landed him in the program.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
And I thought I enjoyed smoking weed, sheesh!

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
or better yet as long as it is against NFL rules and illegal, you follow the ******* rules

So is cheating but the NFL chooses to overlook that.

I'm not looking for a debate about the pro's and cons of weed but in my opinion it's bull ****.

Rules are changed all the time all I'm saying is maybe it's time to re-evaluate said rule.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm not looking for a debate about the pro's and cons of weed but in my opinion it's bull ****.

Rules are changed all the time all I'm saying is maybe it's time to re-evaluate said rule.

sure if they change the rule then it only becomes whatever team rule or DUI law etc is in place......

as far as cheating they don't like to tarnish the shield which is funny because if they were honest and didn't sweep **** under the rug, fans would respect them for it.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

The NFL does, in effect, allow players to smoke weed. If you have never tested positive, then you are only tested ONCE per year. It is in the offseason from like Feb to April. Once you are tested and come up clean, you can smoke all you want. Players just have to lay off for a few weeks. Not much to ask.

You either have a problem or you're an idiot if you get caught.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL does, in effect, allow players to smoke weed. If you have never tested positive, then you are only tested ONCE per year. It is in the offseason from like Feb to April. Once you are tested and come up clean, you can smoke all you want. Players just have to lay off for a few weeks. Not much to ask.

Could be both. I think more just idiotic

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Martavis says hi

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
he was ranked as a better fit as a edge rusher and as a olb by lots of scouts compared to Dupree, I am glad Colbert @ company stayed away, If Vic Beasely did not have the great time in the gym between the shrine game to combine he would of fell, but we went from a skinny 230 de to well built 260 DL.
I still question how he would as a every down stand up olb vs the run, we know he can pass rush.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
sure if they change the rule then it only becomes whatever team rule or DUI law etc is in place......

as far as cheating they don't like to tarnish the shield which is funny because if they were honest and didn't sweep **** under the rug, fans would respect them for it.

AND their ratings probably wouldn't be plummeting quite as fast................

Salute the nation

P

POP

Yeah, cuz weed has been such a positive in Gregory's life.

One could argue that only because it's illegal that it has been a "problem in his life." All his problems from it stem from it being retardedly illegal. Weed is kept illegal because the cartels don't want it around, it fixes a lot of things they now make $ off of, like SSRI drugs, cancer treatments, depression, paper, the private prison industry, et al.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
my opinion changed for weed this year

not on my legal stance for it I am ok with it being legalized

but with drafting I was like **** it take a chance on the Gregory's etc.

But it seems more often than not, that if they have enough of a problem that it effects draft status

stay clear.

I was all about maybe the value would be a plus you can get talent later as result.

But it really seems to be more problem than it is worth, seeing how these problems usually seem to want to travel with the player into the NFL.

Moving forward

no thank you

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Wait who was it here that blasted the Steelers for not drafting Gregory.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app