• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Green Out Today

awboatguy

Reaction score
As per the Score website. Green is out due to concussion.

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green won't play in Sunday's wild-card game against the Miami Dolphins due to a concussion, NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Spike

Reaction score
I was trying to come up with a Steelers green uniform option like the black out last...week..... oh wait, nevermind

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I was trying to come up with a Steelers green uniform option like the black out last...week..... oh wait, nevermind

They've had the uniform option for Ladarius Green for years and years. It's the same option worn by Deuce Staley.

Seriously though, it's a shame that it looks like concussions will ruin this guy's career. Could have had something special with him added to this offense.

Jesse James and Xavier Grimble, now is the time to start putting together the montage of plays that the NFL Network will one day use for your "A Football Life" segment!

awboatguy

Reaction score
The sad thing is players know he has a concussion issue and will target him if/when he comes back. However, I believe the Outlaw and X are formidable TEs. We can benefit from a two TE set with these guys.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The sad thing is players know he has a concussion issue and will target him if/when he comes back. However, I believe the Outlaw and X are formidable TEs. We can benefit from a two TE set with these guys.

exactly. Green may be more athletic, but JJ and X are younger and still getting a grasp on the NFL. They'll be fine. Probably more than fine.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, X-Man has some athleticism too. C'mon Jesseeeeeeeeee.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
OLB & TE are priorities next draft. I think we can get rid of Green without serious cap implications. Too bad about the injuries , he was very productive when healthy. Deuce part II

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Hopefully, he can go next week. I think we will need everyone on board to beat the Chefs. Let me paraphrase, I'd prefer everyone to be available, but think we'd be OK anyway.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Green plays again this year. I'd be surprised if he plays another down as a Steeler and I'd be surprised if he plays another down in the NFL.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Green plays again this year. I'd be surprised if he plays another down as a Steeler and I'd be surprised if he plays another down in the NFL.

I think yinz are stretching.... I see it as only a one game until return.

Real question is how long he can last before getting hurt again.

Steelers17

Reaction score

Spot-on correct. We bought expensive, damaged goods and hopefully it does not end the season prematurely. Ed Bouchette reported early on that Green's late season start was concussion related and had nothing to do with a minor ankle procedure.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Spot-on correct. We bought expensive, damaged goods and hopefully it does not end the season prematurely. Ed Bouchette reported early on that Green's late season start was concussion related and had nothing to do with a minor ankle procedure.

Seems like he was correct. No way should a mostly routine hit cause him to miss three weeks and counting.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
He can't stay on the field. In spite of his contributions when he was out there, he has been injured his entire career. It was worth a shot, let's develop our own.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
If he was close to playing last week, he should be on the field this week. Concussions shouldn't be played around with. Gotta hope we can add another weapon on the field for Ben.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
One thing I know about Concussions (research based) is that short of a serious head injury (where you have immediate serious permanent damage) is that if you are fully healed, you shouldn't be more at risk for another one. The Webster et. all issues were largely based upon the fact that those minor concussions were never diagnosed. when the fog cleared he continued to play, ignored the fatigue and headaches. He was probably concussed 2 or 300 times in the course of his career. When you look at the contact Moore took yesterday, I'd say more likely with Green you have someone who shouldn't be playing pro football. His previous concussions were more than a year ago and shouldn't medically have bearing on his current situation. For proof of that think of Sydney Crosby and his situation.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
One thing I know about Concussions (research based) is that short of a serious head injury (where you have immediate serious permanent damage) is that if you are fully healed, you shouldn't be more at risk for another one. The Webster et. all issues were largely based upon the fact that those minor concussions were never diagnosed. when the fog cleared he continued to play, ignored the fatigue and headaches. He was probably concussed 2 or 300 times in the course of his career. When you look at the contact Moore took yesterday, I'd say more likely with Green you have someone who shouldn't be playing pro football. His previous concussions were more than a year ago and shouldn't medically have bearing on his current situation. For proof of that think of Sydney Crosby and his situation.

http://scienceline.org/2008/04/ask-heger-concussion/
http://www.concussiontreatment.com/concussionfacts.html
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20031118/one-concussion-increases-risk-of-more#1

These articles disagree with that assessment.