• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gradkowski has "sizable" hamstring tear

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...e-gradkowski-suffered-sizable-hamstring-tear/

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
at this point, with a shredded hammy, he'd be equivalent to Landry.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Our backup qb issue is/has been ******. Time to cut bait to him as he is always hurt. #LJstillsucks, needs to go next year too. He has had his opportunity and has shown no improvement.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Which means they probably will be shopping final cuts for a backup QB.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's about ******* time we invest in a backup. Future thinking, Ben not playing 16 games, trade bait. **** come on

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
What the hell happened to this guy? He was pretty durable everywhere else he played.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Has he contributed other than as Duce's replacement since he's been here? Time to cut bait and find a serviceable back up who isn't made of glass. Not Landry, or Vick.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I tell you the contact on that play was JV at best. If you got hurt on that play you simply should not be playing football.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Father time

This is twice he's been on IR from practice and not even playing in a game.
Tebow isn't busy. He would look good in black & gold.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This is twice he's been on IR from practice and not even playing in a game.
Tebow isn't busy. He would look good in black & gold.

^^^I am on board with Tebow. Bring the guy in. Baseball though..... :(

Reaction score
This team NEEDS a backup QB. All this stuff Ive been reading about how Landry Jones is the definite guy is just a death to our season waiting to happen. If Ben goes down and all we have is Landry...??? OVER

skialta

Reaction score
Gradkowski had always sucked. Guy had one memorable game that I can remember and that was when he beat our ***** when he was in Oakland. I truly thought that last year was going to be the year that they took a serviceable qb in the draft. Round 4ish

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
This sucks. Ben will probably get injured at some point and we can't give away a couple of games like we've been doing.

C

Clete

Gradkowski had always sucked. Guy had one memorable game that I can remember and that was when he beat our ***** when he was in Oakland. I truly thought that last year was going to be the year that they took a serviceable qb in the draft. Round 4ish

Yep, he has always been a horrible QB and has never completed or attempted a regular season pass for the Steelers.

P

POP

Bottom line: Our back up QBs don't cut it

I am sure this has been brought up in other threads, but I haven't seen it yet (have not been able to log on until just now).

But what the hell are the Rooneys and GM thinking?

I know that every team with a franchise QB has a huge drop off with those QBs back him up, but in Pgh we have only dog **** after Ben.

Even Dallas (who got lucky) now has a legit #2 QB in case Romo goes down. We have nothing but pure rubbish after Ben.

Landry Jones is simply terrible. Anyone trying to sell otherwise is nuts, plain and simple. Every pass he throws is a lollypop. He has zero energy. He is simple awful.

Bruce has never been good, and still isn't, but now add on top that he is a walking injury waiting to happen.

The 4th stringer did nothing to suggest he is any good or ever will be.

Dallas at least took a shot on a QB in Dak who appears to be a real candidate. Yea, we took a 4th rounder a few years ago but he has never appeared to be legit.

And, before anyone says, "You don't know if Dak is legit after 1 preseason game," yes I do. That kid was nearly flawless and will only get better. I heard Dak mentioned as the 2nd tier QB prospect with possible high upside and we are already seeing that. He is known to be a rushing threat QB but only ran once all night and was accurate on almost every throw. I would even take a Josh McCown over the pure garbage we have at QB after Ben.

Last edited:

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the Rams and Chiefs, especially the Rams.

Keenum has become a decent NFL QB (attention Coolie), if not as a starter then as a solid backup. And Mannion looked good the other night.

By the end of the preseason Fisher might be looking to deal one of them. The Steelers should go for either one.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
They can do a lot better than that.

But they need to be smart about it, and not look at it as getting a "throwaway" third-stringer.

Jones is what he is, not very good. Whoever they get should be someone who can push him for the backup job.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Well i wish i could call the steelers and say i told ya so, but..... I dont know why they are fascinated with bum backup qb's as mich as they are