• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gotta make the moves now

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm certainly no doctor. If surgery seems to be in the equation get it done. It creates a definite time table. This Bullshit with let's see what happens inevitably leads to surgery anyhow.

deljzc

Reaction score
I think Marshall would fit very well here. You put out 3 WR's in Brown, Marshall and Bryant and that is a nightmare of different body types and skill sets. Marshall in the slot would be ideal because we could use his size to downblock and he can/is a willing blocker in the run game. And he is a matchup nightmare against small corners.

I have no problem with Marshall on/off the field. I think for his last go around, Pittsburgh would be ideal.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I agree Del. If the money isn't stupid I'd make that move. Don't forget Roger's though. I was very pleased with his development last season.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The additional unknown now with Bell is just how stupid he is. He has basically now said enough to put the Steelers on a silver platter for Goddell to take away a pick for his injury status. He keeps saying the team knew and even game planned for his injury in NE. Either he is trying to piss the team off or he truly is just that stupid. The team needs to tell him to shut the **** up about his damn injury.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd take Marshall for a short term contract. Put him out there with AB, Bryant, Rogers and if Green can ever be healthy we have us some weapons

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard are we done with DWill?

I've heard he would like to return and Tomlin say he'd like to have him, yet have heard nothing else.

Dudes been a solid back up, and even carried us when needed, plus is familiar with the offense.

I'm just not sure I'd be down with somebody like Charles. Possibly AP but not real sure about that either.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe DWill is done here... and in the NFL.
he's just at that age where he's doing to go downhill fast.

milkman dan

Reaction score
They'll most likely decide on DWill after the draft. And the Cockrell hate I don't understand. Sure, his position is upgradable, but he's been overall pretty solid for someone coming in at the time he did and running with his opportunity.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
They'll most likely decide on DWill after the draft. And the Cockrell hate I don't understand. Sure, his position is upgradable, but he's been overall pretty solid for someone coming in at the time he did and running with his opportunity.

yeap, the CB position seriously needed of upgrade and youth is Nickle. Gay is in decline and it will be worse this coming season.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers play them again next season. We'll see if Tomlin/Butler are capable of adjusting.
That's a good one dude.

While I am NOT a fan of Spike's "Offense or bust" mentality, the truth is, the Steelers were in position to score enough to keep pace with the P*ts in the AFC championship. They just couldn't make the plays when it mattered. Dwight Stone Jr. dropped a ball almost out of the gate that would have put the Steelers in FG range. Hamilton dropped, what 2 TD passes? That's a minimum of 17 pts right there. I think there was another TD pass dropped somewhere that lead to a FG attempt so that lead to a 3 pt difference.

Anyway, add it all up and the Steelers lost opportunities for more points than they lost by. Having Bryant back and sober helps make up significantly for that. Having Bell actually capable of playing in the game ALSO makes a huge difference. (As a side note, NOT having incompetent offensive coaching that literally beats the living **** out of your top offensive weapon for the last 6 to 8 games of the season may be a wise choice as well. Just a thought...)

But I still feel that greatest culprit in that game was the defensive play calling. If feel that Butler and Tomlin were terrified of the P*ts and played them weak and afraid and the P*ts simply used the crap out of them. That was as pathetic a defensive display as I've ever seen in a championship game in my life. When you literally have defensive backs so far back that they can't be seen on the television screen. (On a HI DEF WIDESCREEN presentation, by the way) against a team known for short quick passing routes, I don't even know what to say.

Ya. They'll undoubtedly fix that **** up real quick and in a hurry before they meet again. Cause Butler and Tomlin are ******' brain surgeons.