• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Good thing Vick is not around anymore

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.steelers.com/news/articl...entality/38d670df-047a-4c9c-9f6c-74f9b1bcd8dd

Ayers has a 'pit bull' mentality
Posted 26 minutes ago
Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Demarcus Ayers takes pride in his physical play and blocking ability.

Pit bull: If there is one thing rookie Demarcus Ayers learned right away about being a Steelers’ receiver, it’s that blocking is as important as catching a pass.

Ayers, who is listed at 5-11, 190, but said he is 5-10, has no problem throwing blocks for the offense, and was even referred to by offensive coordinator Todd Haley as, ‘a little pit bull,’ when it comes to blocking.

“It gets me going,” said Ayers. “Either get hit or hit someone. My first play in the league, my mindset was go get somebody. After that I got going. The physicality of the football game is one of the things I have always enjoyed. I learned a lot from it. I got my toughness from it. I enjoy going out and putting it all on the line for my teammates, creating holes, creating lanes. I look at myself as a pit bull. I am 5-10. A lot of people don’t think my frame can do it. My mindset is going in there and attacking anybody that stands in my way.”

Ayers said he watched former Steelers’ receiver Hines Ward play and seeing him be a premier blocker inspired him.

“I watched Hines a lot growing up, all the plays he made here,” said Ayers. “Similar guy, more weight than I had, but fiery, willing to get the job done at all costs. Guys like that changed the game for smaller receivers and showed guys around the league, and guys that are 5-9, 5-11, can dig down and show some toughness and heart.”

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell Yea!!!!! He's a goodie and a KEEPER. Not only do I hope he gets a chance in the return game but also hope he gets the green light to bring it out. I believe punts are his forte' but Kick Return is a start and gets him on the field.

Salute the nation

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Good thing Vick is not in the league for a few reasons, He Sucks, he sucks as a human being,

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
PS. Coolie, YOUR stirring a very big can of worms here.............for some.

Salute the nation

stir stir stir

okay...ignore my vick comment and keep the discussion going about the next great Steeler WR Demarcus Ayers and what a tough little ****** he is.

Last edited:

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
stir stir stir

okay...ignore my vick comment and keep the discussion going about the next great Steeler WR Demarcus Ayers and what a tough little ****** he is.

Ayers is going to be a beast. Very excited to see him get a chance this week

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
190 at 5'10 is pretty good. Hines weighed about 190 his first few seasons and that dude was still hitting players whether it was special teams or as wr. Ayers is gonna be a tenured Steeler. Talk about a hidden gem

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
PS. Coolie, YOUR stirring a very big can of worms here.............for some.

Salute the nation

That stir isn't as potent with him being off the roster. On the roster that would still have been a stiff drink.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if Vick was still around, I'd not have to endure ark during games.

#BringBackMike

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I have a feeling Ayers is going to burn Marcus Peters on a double-move which turns the game in our favor on Sunday.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
cold wet game, let Bell dominate but will still need a few big pass plays to keep KC honest.

if he gets a shot on kick returns, with the weather I would be fine with him downing it if it carries to the endzone...if not...keep the ball safe kid....

oh and what I do in my own home to highlight videos of ayers is my business.....