• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Golson Carted Off

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
They won't be getting rid of him this year, and unless he bombs upon his return next year.

1st and 2nds get a little longer to see if they will come around......

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh ****. They should call him worst case scenario. I remember his shoulder went from a ding to a torn labrum last year too. Guy has no luck. I guess theyou don't have to immediately waive him, but it seriously looks like an injury settlement find a new line of work for the kid. Best wishes to Senquez. Tough deal.
They won't be getting rid of him this year, and unless he bombs upon his return next year.

I think they should just go the injury settlement route and cut him. He will never amount to an NFL player.

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score

Uncle Jarvis missed his first two years, and they kept him.

errrrrrr......

Wingman

Reaction score
It does not sound like he is injury prone, or milking it. The shoulder injury from what I recall was in college and he played with it hurt. He did not find out later how serious it was and after getting to the burgh he found he needed surgery. Sprains happen. Dan Krider tore or broke something while not even on the field if I recall correctly. I believe it was in his lower leg or foot and that it happened while walking to the dorm. I doubt anyone would have issues with Kriders toughness. I am simply using this as an example, these types of things happen and I would suggest we not over react to things. This kid is not expensive to keep as he is on a rookie deal. If he is able he will be allowed to return, if not there is next year. The best outcome is for it to have happened early so the team can get the next player ready.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't write the cheques. I would imagine they are into it for this season anyway. If he is still cheap next year. Sure, why not. Its kinda like the whole Sean Spence thing revisited. They will likely get a minor bit from this kid in time for him to get his next contract elsewhere. And while I'm happy for Spence and understand the deal, part of me is still kinda like; that organization stood by you for three seasons when you were useless.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah. 2nd round selection will keep that from happening to hi,at least this year yet. I feel bad for the kid.

I wonder if it is the way they train. Or to rephrase, the lack of football activities in their training. I don't know, just throwing stuff against the wall. Seems like they do a lot of speed work, straight ahead stuff, treadmills. Maybe they need to do more training on uneven surfaces. More lateral movement stuff like racquetball. Maybe they do and I'm full of ****. Just seems like this stuff is more frequent today than it was in the past.

Happy to hear that you bring up lateral movement training. Especially with today's fitness routines, a lot depends on proper footwear as well. Some guys use running shoes as trainers etc. I stay fairly active myself with cross fit and football based workouts as well. I've tried a few times in running shoes working on lateral movements etc and my ankle has always rolled in running shoes and not trainers. Maybe it does have a lot to do with training/recovery

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Spence came back. Hopefully so can Golson.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
But the kid can play why give up on him before you have too.
And you're basing that on what? His performance against mediocre athletes in college?

He's never played. We have no idea whatsoever what he can do on a professional level. All we can do at this point is use more draft picks on defensive backs. Ultimately somebody's gonna get cut. He looks like "Next man up" to me.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Had surgery today. Out at least 4 months, which most likely means done for the season

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...enquez-golson-surgery-repair-lisfranc-injury/

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Unreal. Dude must be beside himself right now. What could of been.....is anyone's guess.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
And you're basing that on what? His performance against mediocre athletes in college?

Maybe not all NFL caliber players but mediocre? Really?

Wingman

Reaction score
And now we know...

Well the link is not real precise but says up to 4 months. We will see how long it takes and if he fully recovers. We could see him this year or not depending on how things go. At this point it would be tough to determine what the kid is worth to the team as he has been unable to do anything so calling him a bust or wasted pick is premature at this point. I am just glad there is lots of time to get his replacement ready and with any luck besides bad he may become something valuable to the team. If not he will be cut loose at the proper time

Supersteeler

Reaction score
He can be back in December, but I don't see him making an active game day roster this year.

Especially since he has participated in exactly 1 full practice in his NFL career. His learning curve is still too mountainous to attempt to do anything with him towards the end of the season. The guy has had almost zero football experience since college....which was two years ago. He'll still be a rookie going into year 3.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Especially since he has participated in exactly 1 full practice in his NFL career. His learning curve is still too mountainous to attempt to do anything with him towards the end of the season. The guy has had almost zero football experience since college....which was two years ago. He'll still be a rookie going into year 3.

He must be Italian.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember Will Blackwell, or Will Getwell. He had talent, at a time when we were not exactly stacked at the wr position, but the dude just couldn't stay on the field. This poor guy can't even GET on the field, sucks to be drafted where he was and not even get to suit up. I wish him the best, and hope he has a full recovery, lets hope the guys we have can stay upright and get the job done this year.

Joe

Slash#10

Reaction score
Even in the best case scenario it's always going to be "what if/could have been" for the rest of his life. That has to be a very tough pill to swallow. He is literally 2 years away from being able to contribute in a meaningful way. Having not even participated in a preseason game or much of training camp, he has so much to overcome before seriously be given the position to see the field. I think next year he is going to have to own a role on special teams.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He'll be put on PUP and out for the year. It makes no sense to do anything else since the guy hasn't even really practiced in 2 years since entering the NFL. He'll be a 3rd year rookie next year, if he comes back. Wish him the best.