• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gilbert tells Newton "Suck it up Buttercup"

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Started watching the Pens last fall because a friend was always talking about them. First few games I had no idea what was going on. As I gradually picked things up, I noticed the speed, grace, power, violence and intelligence that is required to play the game. Plus the players seemed to play with genuine love of the game and joy. All things that I used to love about football. All things that the "new" NFL has, but has limited or watered down over the past decade and a half. I'm watching a lot more hockey this year and a lot less football other than the Steelers.

I have a trade show this weekend and will miss the Ravens game. In the past, this would have pissed me off to know end. Now it's like "eh, I'll record it and watch it when I get a chance."

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I love hockey and I play hockey. I usually don't watch until after the football season, but with the World Cup of Hockey this year, I got hooked early this season. I've already watched 4 Pens games. That's really high for October! I can't stay up for the 10:30 games, but I'm following them hard this year.

They're just getting healthy with Letang, Murray and Sid back! Look out!!!

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I love hockey and I play hockey. I usually don't watch until after the football season, but with the World Cup of Hockey this year, I got hooked early this season. I've already watched 4 Pens games. That's really high for October! I can't stay up for the 10:30 games, but I'm following them hard this year.

They're just getting healthy with Letang, Murray and Sid back! Look out!!!

Man, they seem to be playing at a totally different gear with Letang back! Also, I don't know why, but it seems to me that they play a little better defense for Murray than they do for The Flower. Maybe they let their guard down because Fleury has been saving their collective *** and they've come to expect it?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They're on NFL Network whining about protecting Cam. WTF about Ben taking all of the illegal hits for years. No one complained about him getting hit. Shut the f$!$@ up!