• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's............@ Cleveland....Week 3.....

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin has always been slow to react/respond/adjust. Whether it is during the game, during the week, during the bye or whatever. Tomlin has some strengths (no, I don't want to debate Tomlin), but Xs and Os and adjustments have NEVER been among them. His shortcomings to adjust during a game are no different than his shortcomings to adjust player personnel or coaches. That is amplified by the current ownership not having the desire or willingness to jump in.

As a players' coach, Tomlin would be best suited to have reasonably capable offensive and defensive coordinators while focusing on his "player-centric strengths." And I would guess the ownership would do whatever he wants relative to the assistant coaches. However, he simply won't do anything with the O coordinator (not sure if he doesn't care, doesn't want to be upstaged, lacks the offensive knowledge to understand or just doesn't have the cajones). On the defensive side, for some reason he feels the need to hide his involvement on D (really odd and, perhaps, causes miscommunication). I mean, he is the head coach, if he wants to run the D he should just come out and say it).

So like, hate or ambivalent to Tomlin, real adjustments are not likely. One interesting note is that, for the first time, the "players' coach" is starting to get pressure from the players. That may ... may ... be a potential trigger for him to finally do things differently. Maybe. But I am not betting on it.

In any case, Canada gives dumpster fires a bad name.
This is something everyone has known for years, Tomlin will simply not hire anyone that he perceives to be smarter than he is.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
This is something everyone has known for years, Tomlin will simply not hire anyone that he perceives to be smarter than he is.

If that's the case he's foolish. He's going to get credit no matter what. **** Billicheat had a guy on staff way smarter than him. Ernie Adams. That was the real brains of that operation.

If you're truly committed to winning championship, you surround yourself with the best as you can acquire.

Instead we get the same **** going on 12 years now. Nothing ever changes. I've talked about it every single year for a decade and each year I see the same nonsense.

I just enjoy whatever good plays the players make and take it for it's face value of entertainment.

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
Supposedly they won't let Mitch audible. Makes no sense. Let him play, if he can't perform it will show, until then Canaduh gets most the blame. Defense has done enough to win the last 2 games, both of which I believe Ben (with whole playbook at his disposal) would have won. The whole argument that Canaduh's play calling was due to Ben not being able to move is BS. There is very little difference in the calls from last year to this year.

xjx

Reaction score
Is Mitch smart enough to audible, if he were allowed? Ben could read the defense. Can Mitch?

xjx

Reaction score
Would they allow Kenny to audible if he were to play? Is he smart enough?

If the coaches don't trust the qb's to audible is it because they don't teach them? Don't teach what to audible to?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The team is imploding under Tomlin. Start Pickett. Get the ball to Pickens more often. Warren should get more playing time at the expense of Harris. Give rookie Robinson a hat. Use the middle of the field in the passing game. All changes Tomlin can make. But staying the course with Turbisky and not changing anything is stupid.

xjx

Reaction score
Mike Tomlin football.