• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

G-bye Jimmy, G-bye Junior, G-bye Kyle, Jamie

Spike

Reaction score
G-bye Jimmy, G-bye Junior, G-bye Kyle

poor Kasey too

8 drivers left

Way to go Matt!

shoulda flipped Brad on the last lap for the win, but P2 was good enough

pop-champagne.jpg

0 wins - take that nascar

Last edited:

clinton

Reaction score
with 20 to go, nascarWWE let Danica have the lead. In their current ratings freefall, What a ratings boost that would be, especially with DE tanking. Make the talk show circuit, get on cover of time.
Thank god for that caution

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
with 20 to go, nascarWWE let Danica have the lead. In their current ratings freefall, What a ratings boost that would be, especially with DE tanking. Make the talk show circuit, get on cover of time.
Thank god for that caution

I was happy the Steelers game was Monday so I could watch the 'Dega race. I love watching them race there (at least I used to). But after watching about an hour of it, I was bored to death and went outside to work in the yard. Came back in to watch the last 20 or so laps and that's all I needed to see. I used to be a die hard NASCAR fan, but like millions of others, I've lost interest. The races are dull, the drivers (for the most part) are dull and the tracks are dull. The whole sport has has become dull. Can't quite put a finger on what has happened, but it's just not the same as it used to be, even just 10 years ago. Their big issue is overlapping into football season. I've said for a long time the season is too long, too many races. But what else? Too many cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks? Too many races out west or mid-west, taking away classic original's like North Wilkesboro? The new COT has made these races more like IROC? I don't know if it's any one thing or a combination of all of them but this sport has lost a lot of it's luster. I'll still watch the occasional race, but I sure don't plan anything around it any more.

Spike

Reaction score
I haven't watched "live" races or football games for years.....I just let the beginning spool up for at least half an hour and watch whatever I want, and FF through ALL the commercials

I have 2 DVR's, multiple screens, so I usually record 2 games on Sunday Ticket + the nascar race and leave one open on the Redzone Fantasy channel

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I really lost interest 10 years ago, and more so after Mark retired for good. NASCAR ****** themselves by trying to turn a regional sport national overnight. They alienated the biggest fans by spreading out the tracks and raising ticket prices through the roof. Not to mention they built so much crap around the tracks, parking is impossible.

All my collectibles became worthless so I donated most to charity. Really sucked.

Last edited:

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Would be nice to win at Martinsville and perhaps put Keselowski into the wall, face first. Go Matt Go!

#UnFinnishedBusiness

Spike

Reaction score
Time for a win Matt. We've been waiting all year, git er done.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
You think Jeff Gordon's teammates will try to help him try to win the title or will they be out for only their own interests?

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I really lost interest 10 years ago, and more so after Mark retired for good. NASCAR ****** themselves by trying to turn a regional sport national overnight. They alienated the biggest fans by spreading out the tracks and raising ticket prices through the roof. Not to mention they built so much crap around the tracks, parking is impossible.

All my collectables became worthless so I donated most to charity. Really sucked.

I hear ya on the collectibles. I have a couple hundred die-cast cars for paperweights.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Kenseth qualifies 3rd in Martinsville. Good start to the weekend. Now don't change the engine this week.

Spike

Reaction score
Way to go Matt - get a good pit and the inside lane to start.

Car looks fast, keep er up front

Spike

Reaction score
Matt takes the pole at Texas!

woo-hoo!

**** Harvick

Spike

Reaction score
shitfuck

Now it comes down to one race to stay in

but hey, at least Matt wasn't at the center of the brawl this week

Brad tried to force his way through a hole that wasn't there

OArrZBw.gif

heh - a couple busted lips later

188-170hJ5.AuSt.138.jpeg

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Brad K. will piss everyone off and win the Championship. lol He's a little **** and is the new Kyle Busch, but he does win.

Spike

Reaction score
It was Harvick that shoved Brad toward Gordon that touched off the war...

“I didn't get in the middle of anything,” Harvick said. “I just turned him around and told him to go fight his own fight. … ‘If you’re going to drive like a madman, you’d better be willing to take a few punches.’

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry but little weenie boy Gordon just doesn't come across to me as intimidating. What is he, 130 lbs soaking wet?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It was Harvick that shoved Brad toward Gordon that touched off the war...

“I didn't get in the middle of anything,” Harvick said. “I just turned him around and told him to go fight his own fight. … ‘If you’re going to drive like a madman, you’d better be willing to take a few punches.’

Love it!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spike again

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Brad K. will piss everyone off and win the Championship. lol He's a little **** and is the new Kyle Busch, but he does win.

That's what I was thinking. He ain't Dale Sr. just yet.

Spike

Reaction score
I hope they all wreck each other every lap

Cheating *** Newman is still in it

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Radio reporting that Kurt Busch's girlfriend is in court at the moment and crying after she testified against him beating her up at the Dover race in September. So it's not just the NFL.