• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Football players first.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting article so I thought I would share. I had earlier pimped Coleman who I would love in the second/third.

Some interesting names perhaps a few to look @ if they fall lower than ananticipated.
"Falling lower than anticipated," that's it in a nutshell. I've seen you taking Coleman in your mocks and pimping him. I don't see us taking him at 20 and believe he'll be gone by 51. Would be very happy if we grabbed him early day two.

Robinson at DE and Rakestraw and Lassiter the CBs gone at 51 as well. Nubin may be there but projected by some in the 40s. I can't see any of the ones I mentioned lasting until round three.

Good article though, even though we have all posted at one time or another that you shouldn't fall in love with the pre draft testing, I still get
Enamored with those fast 40s and three cone for DBs and WRs. Guilty as charged.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to a agree as long as the player has prerequisite traits. Jarvis Jones tape was good but he lacked required speed and strength at this level.
Jarvis has plenty of warnings that were even covered here pre -draft.

I really think some of Jarvis's issues was heart and focus or lack there of. I still remember the training camp incident where Cam had to get on his arse for being the only one to not huddle up.

Sure his speed and strength were knocks but when you have areas that aren't so special other areas better be able to make up for it. He had nothing special on his plate.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Jarvis has plenty of warnings that were even covered here pre -draft.

I really think some of Jarvis's issues was heart and focus or lack there of. I still remember the training camp incident where Cam had to get on his arse for being the only one to not huddle up.

Sure his speed and strength were knocks but when you have areas that aren't so special other areas better be able to make up for it. He had nothing special on his plate.
And the injury precedent was a big red flag to not invest with the 1st round

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And the injury precedent was a big red flag to not invest with the 1st round
Yep there is a reason he fell as far as he did. I always say significant warning knock down at least one round, two? Two rounds. Steelers said **** it let's give it a go.

They shouldn't say **** it in the 1st. You are supposed to nail those picks...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yet his college production was top of the SEC if I recall. Which is my point. You should never draft because of Combine results but I think you have to consider not drafting if they are too pedestrian. I'll give you a better one. Devin Bush. And his combine score was great. But he doesn't come close to the eye test. And I have way more disdain for Devin Bush then uncle Jarvis. Devin Bush is easily the most gutless player to ever put on this uniform. I'm a friggen JV coach and I'd have said get your **** you are cut after a couple film sessions.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yet his college production was top of the SEC if I recall. Which is my point. You should never draft because of Combine results but I think you have to consider not drafting if they are too pedestrian. I'll give you a better one. Devin Bush. And his combine score was great. But he doesn't come close to the eye test. And I have way more disdain for Devin Bush then uncle Jarvis. Devin Bush is easily the most gutless player to ever put on this uniform. I'm a friggin JV coach and I'd have said get your **** you are cut after a couple film sessions.
At least Bush showed some out of the gate positives. His issues came primarily after injury. Not giving him any passes but he did show "some" early promising signs.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
At least Bush showed some out of the gate positives. His issues came primarily after injury. Not giving him any passes but he did show "some" early promising signs.
Which is the worst of it Slash. They fix those knees better then they started. He just wouldn't take his gap. And it's what really pisses me off about the whole Pickett ordeal. Pickett gets passes from me. He was thrown in early. He was handcuffed. His OC is the worst anyone can remember. If I'm coaching that kid I say Kenny I don't care if we finish 8 th in the AFC or 13th. I want to see if you are capable of taking us to 1 next season. So run the ball and sling it. I ****** watched that waste of a helmet Bush play 28 games of standing still at the snap and moving laterally as the back blasted through his gap. And he said **** too. Lots of it. Pickett kept his mouth shut publicly.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Interesting article so I thought I would share. I had earlier pimped Coleman who I would love in the second/third.

Some interesting names perhaps a few to look @ if they fall lower than anticipated.

Great post slash and thank you for all your great ones along the way.?

Good read article and Coleman would be a good fit here, 2 of the 3rd ??

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Great post slash and thank you for all your great ones along the way.?

Good read article and Coleman would be a good fit here, 2 of the 3rd ??

Salute the nation
I would be happy with him in the 2nd. Ecstatic in the 3rd.