• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Finny and Dangerfield

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And you are still haven't said a thing about Bell and Williams. Nothing you don't have anything to say at all..seriously

paperclip

Reaction score
I'm 100% sure of it. I raised the point last year.

you're the best, coach.

Bryant was slow to hit the field due to his troubles learning the playbook. I thought that was well known.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So you are going to just ignore the link posted as to why he didn't get a hat to continue with your bull ****..

No, it's not bs. I read it and made a point about it last season. If your strategy is to hope a link is not out there, that's pretty lame.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Practicing well, making progress etc, would not translate to ready to start. The guy may not be ready till he is ready if he does not have some of the routes or his reads down he will run the wrong route and the pass will likely be a pick or incomplete. I have no issue with taking time to develop guys to the point the fans are wondering why they weren't out there sooner. It might be if they were out there sooner none of us would wonder why. Guys were squawking about it being too soon for burns to be on the field because of some poor play. They will likely do the best they can with what they have. Sometimes being in the game and prepping with the first team or in the packages used makes a lot of difference.

Who said start? Contribute. Bryant's go routes were hard to defend. He had a ton of value there. He should have been given a hat sooner. Its not like Archer was worth a spot anyway...

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Doubt Dangerfield takes davis spot.

I like Dangerfield. He is however a UDFA. Toonces doesn't like his draft picks upstaged. Whether davis or Dangerfield is better, remains to be seen, however Dangerfield is playing against a stacked deck.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Doubt Dangerfield takes davis spot.

I like Dangerfield. He is however a UDFA. Toonces doesn't like his draft picks upstaged. Whether davis or Dangerfield is better, remains to be seen, however Dangerfield is playing against a stacked deck.

I'd give it to him. He played much better than any three of Davis games, would you not agree?

What is there to say on Bell and Williams in a Finney and Dangerfield thread???. Both played well so far.

Now to Add something on Finney, who was projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Pros' :Former walk-on who became a four-year starter and three-time captain. Was a wrestler in high school and shows clear understanding of leverage at the point of attack. Sturdy, NFL-ready build. Is able to use defender's momentum against him to help create blocking lanes. Very sticky hands and strong core. Uses good hand placement combined with core strength and balance to win his snaps. Makes strong commitment to power-stepping and shutting down gap shooters. Allowed just 2.5 sacks over four years. Can mirror with a well-timed punch in pass protection and looks for work when uncovered.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Pros' :Former walk-on who became a four-year starter and three-time captain. Was a wrestler in high school and shows clear understanding of leverage at the point of attack. Sturdy, NFL-ready build..

How do you become a starter on the O line your freshman year? holy crap.

wrestler.. Is definitely a plus for any football player. I believe in it. Remember Hasslerig?