• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Day 3

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
Yep, Dobbs, should have saw that one coming. They liked him a lot.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I've read a lot (can't remember where or from whom) suggesting that Dobbs would be a better pro than college player. Let's hope that's true

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
Why? Kids got heart, but I'd don't see the talent or arm for this level.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody upset they took a QB instead of DB or OLB here? Now you understand a bit more why i didn't like the Conner pick. I think it derailed the steelers draft. I knew they would take a QB somewhere because they talked to pretty much all of them.

Now if you were hoping for another OLB or DB in this draft, you are now looking at 5th round and later prospects who are probably going to the practice squad.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dobbs. Hmmm..... I liked Peterman better. Thought they were going to double up on DB with that pick.

TMC

Forefather
Reaction score
I've read a lot (can't remember where or from whom) suggesting that Dobbs would be a better pro than college player. Let's hope that's true

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think he will. Good arm. He can make all the throws. He reads defenses (when the Tennessee OL blocks someone). He understands schemes, offensive and defensive, knows where to go with the ball when the defense gives him certain looks. Gruden put him on a white board, laid out a play, laid out all the first options if it were man, then the second options if it was zone. Came back and asked Dobbs to give it back to him, you would have thought he ran the play his whole life, gave him all the routes, all the options, what happened if the defense changed, why he would go here versus there, just handed it all to him. I mean, he is an aerospace engineering major that was flying back to Tennessee to finish his last 6 credit hours while working out for the combine/pro days. He will graduate before he becomes a pro. Asked why he would play football if he could build airplanes, he said, because I love football. Airplanes can wait.

And if that Tennessee OL would block ANYONE, I mean anyone, and the WRs quit dropping passes, he might be right there with Mahommes.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
First pick I didn't really like. The dude is smart as hell though

chipped ham

Reaction score
Anybody upset they took a QB instead of DB or OLB here? Now you understand a bit more why i didn't like the Conner pick. I think it derailed the steelers draft. I knew they would take a QB somewhere because they talked to pretty much all of them.

Now if you were hoping for another OLB or DB in this draft, you are now looking at 5th round and later prospects who are probably going to the practice squad.

Yeah, but there was a much bigger need for a back up running back than a QB. This was a wasted ******* pick.

smidrow

Reaction score
I think he will. Good arm. He can make all the throws. He reads defenses (when the Tennessee OL blocks someone). He understands schemes, offensive and defensive, knows where to go with the ball when the defense gives him certain looks. Gruden put him on a white board, laid out a play, laid out all the first options if it were man, then the second options if it was zone. Came back and asked Dobbs to give it back to him, you would have thought he ran the play his whole life, gave him all the routes, all the options, what happened if the defense changed, why he would go here versus there, just handed it all to him. I mean, he is an aerospace engineering major that was flying back to Tennessee to finish his last 6 credit hours while working out for the combine/pro days. He will graduate before he becomes a pro. Asked why he would play football if he could build airplanes, he said, because I love football. Airplanes can wait.

And if that Tennessee OL would block ANYONE, I mean anyone, and the WRs quit dropping passes, he might be right there with Mahommes.

I hope you are right....Let him develop...as I think Ben will play out his contract

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers did really like Dobbs so who knows. On NFL network, one of the guys just said he has no doubt Dobbs will beat out Jones for No. 2 QB this year and may get on the field.

SteveA

Reaction score
Look guys, I wanted Butts here even if we redshirt him........

Butt, Ben is really, really getting up there....Injuries last few years, & a couple of times we thought he was done for the year....

And we all cringe with landry Jones out there....So he passes Landry Jones on the depth chart and we go from there

He's got great tools, and great wheels....DAK went here last year

This had to be done...

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on Cox from jeanette? I am at work and he is the nephew of a lady i work with.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
ok maybe a TE in 5......