• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Don't say I didn't warn you

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
So, your biggest voting issue is abortion, is it?
1712585162673.png

Yes, yes, yes, I know, inflation is currently at 3.75% or so today, woo hoo, Bidenomics!!! And the graph only goes to March of 2022.
However, for those that took poetry classes in college instead of economics, the cumulative affect is this:
It takes $1.19 dollars today to buy what $1.00 did in January of 2021.*

* Bureau of Labor Statistics, CPI inflation calculator

Last edited:

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Unlike you...I read more than the headlines.
😂 Did you comprehend it?

What didn’t you understand about “hasn’t been significant enough to make a dent in the overall job market” and “unemployment rate near a 50 year low” and “wages are starting to pull ahead of inflation”?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes, I know, inflation is currently at 3.75% or so today, woo hoo, Bidenomics!!!

What Biden and his crew of imbecile liars and grifters* fail to acknowledge is that the increase is 3.75% over the MASSIVE increases of 2021 and 2022. The key is to look at the combined price increases, January 2021 to present, a total of 18.1%. That is quite a bit higher than wage increases over the same time.

Further, the GDP growth is spurred by government spending, not private industry or manufacturing. It's a death spiral that only the dumbest fail to recognize.**

If the XXL sweatpants fit, Floggy ...
** Once again, if the stretched-out XL tee shirt fits, Floggy ...

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
What Biden and his crew of imbecile liars and grifters* fail to acknowledge is that the increase is 3.75% over the MASSIVE increases of 2021 and 2022. The key is to look at the combined price increases, January 2021 to present, a total of 18.1%. That is quite a bit higher than wage increases over the same time.

Further, the GDP growth is spurred by government spending, not private industry or manufacturing. It's a death spiral that only the dumbest fail to recognize.**

Must be nice to be so well off to not notice how much more things cost these days. Folks on a fixed income are truly ******. Many are really hurting but the elite don't see it/don't give a ****.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score

I want to know who it is that's getting these 19% wage increases to pull ahead of the inflation these last 3 years?

Inflation is not a static number, it's cumulative.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to know who it is that's getting these 19% wage increases to pull ahead of the inflation these last 3 years?

Government employees mainly. Because government generates so much reven ... never mind.

Reactions: JMM

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
😂 Did you comprehend it?

What didn’t you understand about “hasn’t been significant enough to make a dent in the overall job market” and “unemployment rate near a 50 year low” and “wages are starting to pull ahead of inflation”?
The difference between you and I, in this regard, is that I can read what is written and see bullshit when I read it. Let me give you an example. I don't purchase soda; my family doesn't drink it all that much. We had extended family come visit and they are drinkers of the carbonated poison. So, I purchased three twelve packs and much to my surprise it totaled $30!! I get home and looked at my financial app and when this same family visited us in 2022 I paid $16.13 for all three. Of course CBS is going to throw around numbers like you quoted, down playing the job losses and celebrating seasonal jobs where College and High School kids prepare for summer. It's what they do and it's what you spew.

CBS, indeed

xjx

Reaction score
One must dig to find real news. On the other hand, propaganda is easy to find. It's thrown at you all day in nearly all media.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
The difference between you and I, in this regard, is that I can read what is written and see bullshit when I read it. Let me give you an example. I don't purchase soda; my family doesn't drink it all that much. We had extended family come visit and they are drinkers of the carbonated poison. So, I purchased three twelve packs and much to my surprise it totaled $30!! I get home and looked at my financial app and when this same family visited us in 2022 I paid $16.13 for all three. Of course CBS is going to throw around numbers like you quoted, down playing the job losses and celebrating seasonal jobs where College and High School kids prepare for summer. It's what they do and it's what you spew.

CBS, indeed
So the stock market is booming, wages are up and unemployment is near a 50 year low because companies are really struggling and are forced to pass it on to the consumer? Do explain!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
greedflation
bidenomics
clown economy

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In March, employment in government increased by 71,000, higher than the average monthly gain
of 54,000 over the prior 12 months. Over the month, employment increased in local government
(+49,000) and federal government (+9,000).

******* beautiful. grow goobermint, grow.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score

CBS, indeed
I noticed the same. I rarely drink pop, but had a craving for a Dr. Pepper about a week ago, and thinking $2.99 for a 12 pack is no big deal, only to discover they were all priced at $10.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
One must dig to find real news. On the other hand, propaganda is easy to find. It's thrown at you all day in nearly all media.

It's not too hard weeding them out. I already know the (news..haha)outlets that are an arm of the demoncrat party. The again I pay attention every single day and I have for years.

They still find ways to bury the truth for years or run lies. The Russian collusion **** should have put a bunch of people in the gallows.

I know they'll ******* lie,deceive and write only things that support whatever narrative they're trying to push at the time. All for party, which they hold higher than country.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed the same. I rarely drink pop, but had a craving for a Dr. Pepper about a week ago, and thinking $2.99 for a 12 pack is no big deal, only to discover they were all priced at $10.
And there are 14 versions for your pleasure

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not too hard weeding them out. I already know the (news..haha)outlets that are an arm of the demoncrat party. The again I pay attention every single day and I have for years.

They still find ways to bury the truth for years or run lies. The Russian collusion **** should have put a bunch of people in the gallows.

I know they'll ******* lie,deceive and write only things that support whatever narrative they're trying to push at the time. All for party, which they hold higher than country.
I think they, as elites or wannabees, hold themselves higher than the parties, which is in turn held higher than the people.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
So the stock market is booming, wages are up and unemployment is near a 50 year low because companies are really struggling and are forced to pass it on to the consumer? Do explain!

You literally just proved my point. I would be more productive explaining string theory as it relates to Quantum physics to a toddler whose entire concept of the world is provided via cocomelon than explaining economics to you. "Record Profits!! Greedflation!! Shrinkflation!! Corporate Greed!!" is what you're being spoon fed by the CBS.

People like you do not sit and debate topics within yourself or read opposing view points that cause debate. I challenge you to apply the "five whys" principle to the subject of Consumer price indexing. I'll accept a two sentence summary of what you have found to be the root cause of this great injustice upon the World's People.