• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devin Bush on Tebow signing

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
That's nice. I do remember you saying that TEBOW is trying to "keep his name in the media." Somehow, you came to that conclusion because he's accepting a tryout at tight end from his old college coach?

And I'm saying that your statement regarding Tebow needing to seek attention is amusing, because that's what football-player-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick is all about these days.

Sorry you misunderstood that.
Well, thank you for clarifying your statement.
Other than that, it seems we don't have any reason to continue this particular sub-topic to this thread. You've made your point, I've made mine (which, I'm glad you find amusing given football-player turned TV host, turned analyst, turned actor considered for The Bachelor, turned 5 time author, turned middling minor league baseball player, TEBOW'S almost constant media presence.)
Please do note that I never claimed Kaepernick wasn't a media ***** too. And, Have A Fantastic Day!

mdk2

Reaction score
Well, thank you for clarifying your statement.
Other than that, it seems we don't have any reason to continue this particular sub-topic to this thread. You've made your point, I've made mine (which, I'm glad you find amusing given football-player turned TV host, turned analyst, turned actor considered for The Bachelor, turned 5 time author, turned middling minor league baseball player, TEBOW'S almost constant media presence.)
Please do note that I never claimed Kaepernick wasn't a media ***** too. And, Have A Fantastic Day!
One could say he say he's just finding work. He doesn't have to do all that to get attention in the media if that's what he is truly only seeking.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
One could say he say he's just finding work. He doesn't have to do all that to get attention in the media if that's what he is truly only seeking.
Your point is a valid one. And one could say that an activist needs to be in the media to get his points out there (no matter whether we agree with their points or not). I just think they both enjoy the spotlight for the spotlight a little too much at times. I did not address Kaep because you and I were discussing Tebow.

Stewey

Reaction score
which part of his tweet was incorrect? Seems pretty straight forward that tebow got a job and kapernick hasn't the reason's behind it don't make a difference

Nothing was incorrect. It's just that him saying Tebow got a job before Kap could imply a few things...one of them simply being "wow, the league must really dislike Kap ", nothing more.

My feeling is that Bush was "just sayin'"....nothing more.

mdk2

Reaction score
Your point is a valid one. And one could say that an activist needs to be in the media to get his points out there (no matter whether we agree with their points or not). I just think they both enjoy the spotlight for the spotlight a little too much at times. I did not address Kaep because you and I were discussing Tebow.
That's fine. My whole point is, if Kapernick really loved football, he'd find a way to get back in it and he's been given opportunities.

Tebow is doing all he can stay involved in sports he loves whether that be football by switching positions, baseball by playing at a minor league level, or analysis. To me, that shows Tebow doesn't have a huge ego, he just wants to play the game or be involved in it. I don't think he's going to make it as a TE but I'm not going to hate because he was given an opportunity by an old coach.

To me, Kapernick is all talk and wants to be handed opportunities at the highest level when he isn't good enough. He wants all the shine without the grind.

Reactions: xjx

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
That's fine. My whole point is, if Kapernick really loved football, he'd find a way to get back in it and he's been given opportunities.

Tebow is doing all he can stay involved in sports he loves whether that be football by switching positions, baseball by playing at a minor league level, or analysis. To me, that shows Tebow doesn't have a huge ego, he just wants to play the game or be involved in it. I don't think he's going to make it as a TE but I'm not going to hate because he was given an opportunity by an old coach.

To me, Kapernick is all talk and wants to be handed opportunities at the highest level when he isn't good enough. He wants all the shine without the grind.
That's also a fair enough explanation of your thoughts. I don't question Tebow's love for sports. I question Urban's offering a 33 yr old ex-QB a contract as a project/conversion TE, but in reality, it has the same cap and camp roster ramifications as Tombert offering Haskins; i.e. none if it doesn't work. I question Tebow's relevance nationally outside of sports. But, you can't even blame the guy for maximizing his profile for those who want to get their Tebow fix; as some must. I personally don't and get a little tired of hearing about a guy that hasn't really done anything since he beat the Steelers in the playoffs (ouch).

As for Kaep, contrary to what some might believe, I hardly think about him. He doesn't play ball anymore. His activism hasn't reached my community in any meaningful way. Outta sight, outta mind.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think it will be a serious stretch at 6'2 and having zero real experience blocking, that Tim Tebow plays a down of NFL regular season football. That said his College coach and the organization wants to give him a try. Their prerogative. And if he plays and he sucks its on them.
Like when you think about how ****** of a blocker Ebron is, he literally probably has 1000s of blocking reps under his belt and instruction from highly qualified coaches trying to help him for the last what 10 plus year.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think it will be a serious stretch at 6'2 and having zero real experience blocking, that Tim Tebow plays a down of NFL regular season football. That said his College coach and the organization wants to give him a try. Their prerogative. And if he plays and he sucks its on them.

This is it right here. It's his old coach giving him a chance, but the lack of route running and blocking experience makes this a pretty big stretch. If I'm a young TE working my butt off to make an NFL roster and Tebow came walking into the locker room, I wouldn't be happy right now. I'm a Tebow fan and wish him the best, I just don't see it happening.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I see no problem in laughing at Tebow and Kaepernick. They both suck.
I dunno, Tebow beat us in a playoff game with 300 yards passing.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
This is it right here. It's his old coach giving him a chance, but the lack of route running and blocking experience makes this a pretty big stretch. If I'm a young TE working my butt off to make an NFL roster and Tebow came walking into the locker room, I wouldn't be happy right now. I'm a Tebow fan and wish him the best, I just don't see it happening.

My sentiments exactly. Can't fault the guy for wanting it so bad and his former coach giving him a tryout, but don't see this going anywhere.

I didn't see Tebow putting up 300 yards on the Steelers vaunted defense either, but granted, that was a long time ago.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Bush needs to not step in poo poo anymore. This was just dumb. I hope cool shades talks with him.

diver

Reaction score
I have always been fascinated with a few things with both o these guys. With Kapernick, myself and most I spoke to about him agreed he had every right to kneel if he wanted to. As misguided as it may have been, in my opinion, We also believe that every NFL team has a right not to sign him if they don't want to. Why is that so controversial?

As for Tebow, the venom that has come his way...for what? Declaring his faith? And it has to be that, because he hasn't done anything that would make people dislike him otherwise.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I have always been fascinated with a few things with both o these guys. With Kapernick, myself and most I spoke to about him agreed he had every right to kneel if he wanted to. As misguided as it may have been, in my opinion, We also believe that every NFL team has a right not to sign him if they don't want to. Why is that so controversial?

As for Tebow, the venom that has come his way...for what? Declaring his faith? And it has to be that, because he hasn't done anything that would make people dislike him otherwise.
2007. I have disliked Tim Tebow since January of 2007. My dislike grew to unreasonable proportions in 2012.
Surprisingly, I was able to set aside my dislike for Urban for a few years and now find myself ambivalent towards him (for now). This on the heels of loving Nick Saban when he was the coach who brought my alma mater (The University Of Toledo) back to MAC prominence and not being able to stand him at present.
Sports fandom is a fickle and messy business.
But, Tebow? Yeah, I've disliked him since 2007.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why anyone cares. He isn't getting a tryout with the Steelers, and I doubt he makes the Jags roster anyway. Guy is 33, and has never played TE. The odds are long, and that's being kind.

As far as Kaepernick, again, I'm not sure why anyone cares. If he wanted a job in the NFL, he'd have one. It may not be on his terms, but he could have a NFL job if he really wanted one. If you ask me, between the NIKE deal and his activism, he doesn't need the money. At this point, he's just trying to be a martyr to the victim class if you ask me.

People lend too much weight to these tweets. Yes, they are pro athletes, but they are also people. They get to have an opinion and state that opinion. Noth sure why everyone gets wrapped around the axle over stuff like that.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get Bush's comment. At all. What the hell does Tebow getting a tryout with the Jaguars have to do with Kaepernick? Also, I genuinely advise Devin to remember that both Tebow and Kaepernick have done something he has not - played for the winning team in a playoff game.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush needs to worry about Tebow not smoking his *** in that wished for head to head. More class, less ***.