• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dave Chappelle Gets Attacked at Hollywood Bowl

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure all of you heard this by now, but figured I'd post it anyways. The Hollywood Bowl is one the bigger entertainment venues in the U.S., so for a guy to get in with a replica gun that apparently had a blade attached AND to rush the stage, not a real good look for security:

Apparently rapper Busta Rhymes & Jamie Foxx rushed the guy along with security & helped to stomp him out. Dave apparently got in a stomp as well, lol. Then went on to joke about it like a boss. Then Chris Rock, who did a set earlier, had to chime in with a "was that Will Smith?" It's funny because no one but the maniac got hurt, but it could've been worse.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I would never have thought of smuggling a knife into an event by hiding it inside a gun. Genius in its simplicity.

That was funny. What I don't get is how he got anything past the metal detectors though. Been to the HB multiple times and they have pretty tight security and metal detectors galore. Unless it was a plastic toy gun and a wood-sharpened edge or pencil tip, lol. What I also don't get is they have multiple security at the front between the crowd and stage, so how he also got up and onto the stage like that is a head scratcher. And if he had a sharp object like a knife, why did he try to LB tackle him instead of trying to stab him?

Anyways, craziness all-around & it's going to set off a wildfire of sh!t like this for these poor performers. Dave was able to laugh it off but if he was gashed in any way, different story.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure all of you heard this by now, but figured I'd post it anyways. The Hollywood Bowl is one the bigger entertainment venues in the U.S., so for a guy to get in with a replica gun that apparently had a blade attached AND to rush the stage, not a real good look for security:

Apparently rapper Busta Rhymes & Jamie Foxx rushed the guy along with security & helped to stomp him out. Dave apparently got in a stomp as well, lol. Then went on to joke about it like a boss. Then Chris Rock, who did a set earlier, had to chime in with a "was that Will Smith?" It's funny because no one but the maniac got hurt, but it could've been worse.
Big venues have their loopholes. Back in 2015, granted this was in Paris but a bunch of terrorist were able to spray bullets at an eagles of death metal concert. When you go out to venues like concerts etc. You just have to mutually trust the strangers around you are there for a good time too.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, looks like it wasn't a wooden-sharpened mini-spear. Wow. The world we live in ladies and gentlemen:

ffe3eda49ae94365b82b8ac59b49efa3_md.jpg

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Flea market **** :ROFLMAO:

Oh man, flea markets back in the day were actually great for uh, somewhat 'questionable' items. I remember I got a replica of a .38 revolver that was steel with a decent looking handle and shot these caps that would be extra loaded with powder. It sounded like a .22, maybe even louder. I guess my point was more 'these are the sick people of our world we live with ladies and gentlemen' because I never in my wildest dreams would've thought to do anything crazy with it. Weird how these inanimate objects that have been with us for centuries are just now becoming such a problem.

Couldn't possibly be the person wielding it taking any responsibility along with the sh!tty people who raised them?

Reactions: MTC

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Anything I hear that I don't like is hate speech, therefore that person hates me and it's only right that I should be able to kill them.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man, flea markets back in the day were actually great for uh, somewhat 'questionable' items. I remember I got a replica of a .38 revolver that was steel with a decent looking handle and shot these caps that would be extra loaded with powder. It sounded like a .22, maybe even louder. I guess my point was more 'these are the sick people of our world we live with ladies and gentlemen' because I never in my wildest dreams would've thought to do anything crazy with it. Weird how these inanimate objects that have been with us for centuries are just now becoming such a problem.

Couldn't possibly be the person wielding it taking any responsibility along with the sh!tty people who raised them?
****** people have existed for a long time. This type of stuff happened regularly the past 3 decades. Social media makes this stuff more out in the open.

Pharmaceutical prescriptions are also to blame. How many people are walking around with some type of mental disability? We live in a world where the majority of the population is a snap of a finger of becoming unhinged. Whether it’s pharmaceuticals, subconscious stress from keeping up with Jones’, bills, life. A good chunk of people cannot handle pressure/stress.

None of this is shocking news to me. I pay attention to my peers habits. If I’m at work, in traffic, out and about running errands, you just never know. I see so many questionable choices. I’ve accepted people are just lost. For ex. In traffic, what kind of person tailgates an 18 wheeler? Honestly? I see that **** daily. That there explains the mentality of people.

Funny thing is I see the unhinged happen in both sides of the extremes. It’s either the poverty class super poor or the upper middle class to rich people who seem to have some type of manic bi-polar, depression bouts. 🤷‍♂️

God! Don’t cha love our fellow citizens?
:LOL:

Supersteeler

Reaction score
The only bad part of this is that they didn't catch them beating the guy half to death on camera. It would be hilarious to watch 20 people ******* him up at the same time.....especially seeing Dave himself casually walk over mike in hand and start laying kicks on this POS.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything I hear that I don't like is hate speech, therefore that person hates me and it's only right that I should be able to kill them.
congrats. i see you've stopped being raysiss.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
LA DA says it's just a misdemeanor.

That's LA for you. Unreal. If the dude was white I bet they'd throw the maximum penalty at him (I'm taking up the Raycis mantle now that Ron took a break for a couple days).

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That's LA for you. Unreal. If the dude was white I bet they'd throw the maximum penalty at him (I'm taking up the Raycis mantle now that Ron took a break for a couple days).
He was a black trans dude. I wonder what they'd do if he was a white trans dude? Does trans trump whiteness or does whiteness trump trans?

I came across a longer video with the aftermath, you can see the guy getting his *** kicked on the side of the stage. Chappelle took it pretty well.
*Contains some profanity*

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The only bad part of this is that they didn't catch them beating the guy half to death on camera. It would be hilarious to watch 20 people ******* him up at the same time.....especially seeing Dave himself casually walk over mike in hand and start laying kicks on this POS.
Back around 2011 my cousins and I beat up on some cholos. One of the guys we beat so bad he was hospitalized lol.

Not saying Chappelle and co will have my luck but I ended up fine legal wise. Luckily I went back to GA after that summer break. Hanging out with my cousins who knows what could’ve been

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Back around 2011 my cousins and I beat up on some cholos. One of the guys we beat so bad he was hospitalized lol.

You realize you're lucky to not have just been fine legal-wise, hospitalizing a "cholo" aka gang member?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You realize you're lucky to not have just been fine legal-wise, hospitalizing a "cholo" aka gang member?
We used to fight gang bangers all the time in high school. Whoopin cholos was a past time :ROFLMAO:

Edit: I’m from the hood @Steelworth
I still live in the hood. Gun shots are pretty normal around here lol.

Last edited: