• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Daimion Stafford place on the Steelers reserve-did not report list.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Daimion Stafford placed on the Steelers reserve-did not report list.

"We have placed S Daimion Stafford on the team’s Reserve/Did Not Report List"

what the **** is this about?

Last edited:

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yah, why would you sign somewhere and then not show up.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cough cough...

In other news, The Cheaters picked up a new safety today... (I keed, I keeeed.)

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
so no competition for Dangerfield and Golden

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Maybe he has some personal stuff going on.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just cut him. If he isn't there learning the system and practicing, he will never see the field anyway. It's not like he's an all pro that can just come in and play. If he doesn't show up this week, no matter the reason, he is useless to the team.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Jumping to conclusions, I'm thinking he called to say he had a personal problem and would be late...maybe ?

Why the **** would you make a sensible statement like this????? Are you logical, able to think with open mind, normal, free thinker.......... Geeeshhh let's get with the program.

Really though SteelChip you probably hit the nail on the head.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is more than being just late.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/07/report-steelers-sign-former-psu-s-malik-golden/

killrbees

Reaction score
I think it is more than being just late.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2017/07/report-steelers-sign-former-psu-s-malik-golden/

Awesome. Another mike Mitchell. A ‘lower the shoulder and close your eyes’ type of hitter. Every tackle was either to the knees or too high and got lucky with arm tackles. FO just filled a spot to fill a spot. Sheesh .

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Personal problem or not, timing is everything. If he misses more than a few days of camp, I doubt he has a chance to make the team.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...7-offseason-questions-world-daimion-stafford/

The news that Martavis Bryant has not yet taken the next step in his full reinstatement process was also a bit of news, although we never heard otherwise. We did know that the next step would be required in order for him to be able to practice.

But the biggest oddity of the day was the news that safety Daimion Stafford failed to report on the first day of training camp. And it leads me to believe that there could well be a good reason for him not reporting.

Stafford, a fifth-year veteran, already had to wait quite a while in order to land a contract with a team this offseason. The Steelers only picked him up toward the end of OTAs after he met some weight demands that they had.

He talked at the time about how hungry he was to get going and working with a team after having to sit in the offseason so long without a contract, so it would be hard to imagine that he would not have reported for some banal reason in the vein of not wanting to play for the Steelers.

Adam Podlesh, a punter the Steelers signed a few years ago, did not report to training camp at the time, and we only later learned the reason why. While we did know that his wife was pregnant at the time, he revealed very much after the fact the troubles in pregnancy that his wife was having, which put her life and the life of their child at risk.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome. Another mike Mitchell. A ‘lower the shoulder and close your eyes’ type of hitter. Every tackle was either to the knees or too high and got lucky with arm tackles. FO just filled a spot to fill a spot. Sheesh .

Well thats what you get on the cheap so late in free agency. Its not like they were looking for a starter

killrbees

Reaction score
Well thats what you get on the cheap so late in free agency. Its not like they were looking for a starter

At least go for a guy you’d want to maybe rotate? Wild thought. Not someone who just adds a little competition at camp. Probably won’t even make the 53.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer a vet if they are going to sign someone. So perhaps we might still look to final cuts...

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
At least go for a guy you’d want to maybe rotate? Wild thought. Not someone who just adds a little competition at camp. Probably won’t even make the 53.

I agree with you but that's not what they looked for. They are hoping that Golden can be that rotating piece with Mitchell and the 4th spot is up for grabs between Stafford and Danger.

Also the truth is that the best safety in FA was Jefferson, who is more of a hitter than a ballhawk and was signed for stupid kind of money. I prefer a rotating piece on the cheap than spend a boatload on someone who really isn't that better than what you already have

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
so he is considering retirement

that would have been nice beforeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Steelers signed you numbnuts.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ys-s-daimion-stafford-considering-retirement/